xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Softmod Impossible  (Read 150 times)

Heimdall

• Archived User
Softmod Impossible
« on: April 17, 2011, 04:25:00 PM »

Follow the method in my signature - Softmod with hotswap. Pay particularly close attention to the very few options you select with Kingroach, and to the order of the xboxhdm / ndure script options.

Heimdall

• Archived User
Softmod Impossible
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 05:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(vimann @ Apr 18 2011, 12:04 AM) View Post

I do not need hotswap because i followed the eeprom tutorial, made my cable and extracted it.
So read Softmod with eeprom instead smile.gif

QUOTE(vimann @ Apr 18 2011, 12:04 AM) View Post
Also followed the tutorials exactly..

There are hundreds of tutorials. More than 50% of them are simply wrong, and of the others many are mislreading, and don't tell you clearly which of the many options to select......

Heimdall

• Archived User
Softmod Impossible
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 06:08:00 PM »

Works perfectly for PAL Xboxes......

Can you confirm that you are building your xboxhdm disc and selecting the build options exactly as per my walkthrough?

Heimdall

• Archived User
Softmod Impossible
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 07:17:00 AM »

That's almost certainly because you didn't follow my instructions, and you selected too many Kingroach options, including the RGB option........

Grab HeXEn 0.99B11-22, burn to DVD-R, and use it to upgrade to Krayzie 1.1.1 or Kingroach NDURE 3.1. It selects the correct options for you (i.e. it gives you no options at all), and should sort you out.

Heimdall

• Archived User
Softmod Impossible
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 03:48:00 PM »

Boot with HeXEn again, and this time install Krayzie 1.1.1 instead of Kingroach.

guitarguy

• Archived User
Softmod Impossible
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 03:26:00 PM »

Interesting, I also have an xbox 5101 with 5960 and I couldn't get it to work with the xboxhdm2.2 either.  The only difference is that I could not restore it to stock with xboxhd.  I would always get freeze at xbox screen or error 21.  This morning I used xplorer360 to manually put the stock M$ files onto the hdd and it finally works.  There's a tutorial to use xplorer360 to inject the ndure files you might want to look into.  I tried but was getting an error with the shadowc file.  I didn't have time to mess with it though.  Others have used that method successfully so it might be worth a shot.  Here's the tutorial http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=650961