xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help Help Heeeeellllllpppppppp  (Read 75 times)

m4l0k41

• Archived User
Help Help Heeeeellllllpppppppp
« on: February 03, 2020, 05:14:00 PM »

somebody please help me i have a softmodded xbox i tried to make xbmc its default dashboard so i looked it up on line followed the steps made the short cut with the shortcut maker overwrote the file it told me to now when i turn on the xbox it does the green liquid opening that normally happenes then it goes black i cant ftp ne more please please somebody help me i love my xbox and i dont like it not working i just learned how to ftp and look what i did i messed it up please help

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 06:24:00 PM »

Which softmod?

What exactly did you do? Which files / folders did you mess with, what did you do with them, which tutorial did you follow?

Is the LED still yellow?

Can you boot a retail game?

Can you boot a rescue disc?

And stick to the Newbie section.... smile.gif

m4l0k41

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 05:33:00 PM »

i dont know what mod it is yes i can boot a retail game and i dont have a rescue disk and im new to forums my bad for the freak out here is the website i looked up http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/376141 the file i messed with was dshboard default.xbe i just overwrote it like it told me now i cant reverse it or i dont know how

and yes the led is still yellow

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 05:52:00 PM »

Yellow LED = your softmod is still working, but you've screwed up the shortcut.

As you don't know which softmod you used it's best to install a clean softmod, then you'll know for future reference. Google "HeXEn 0.99B11-22" or "Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc". Download the torrent, burn to DVD-R at 4x or slower, cold boot with it in the DVD drive. After the flubber the LED will turn red. Wait 40 seconds for the menu to appear, then use one of the softmod options (2.x) to reinstall your softmod.

This post has been edited by Heimdall: Today, 01:56 AM

m4l0k41

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 06:00:00 PM »

thank you so much for your help i dont hav a dvd burner can i burn it to a cd instead?

spliff721

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 06:51:00 PM »

you can try, i have never had any luck with CDs working in my box, but i do know that some have.

BuraddoX

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 06:58:00 PM »

Use Imgburn to burn it to a disc as it works fine for me i modded my friends xbox and it had a thompson drive so it read CD's well not dvd's.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 07:09:00 PM »

DVD-R is the most universally readable medium.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 04:28:00 PM »

I believe the answer is no but wait for Heimdall to confirm that.

FYI the mistake you (or the guide you were using) made was overwriting your softmod dash's .xbe. That is the last thing you should do. I'm sure there's a guide here which would have told you the best way of doing it.

In essence: copy in the shortcut files then check the shortcut.xbe actually works by clicking on it in a File Manager/Explorer. If working rename the existing main dash .xbe to something bootable but isn't already in use. I use avalaunch.xbe as it's easy to remember but there is a list of other suitable bootable .xbes here if you search.

Once done carefully rename the shortcut.xbe to whatever your main dash .xbe was previously. Reboot and if the XBMC dash appears you're in business.

Only then should you delete the old renamed .xbe but as it's not doing any harm there you might as well leave it.

spliff721

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 08:04:00 PM »

HeXEn will not delete anything that you would be using. it will delete and reformat your C partition to have the latest krayzies Ndure softmod. you can optionaly use it to install a few of the best apps including  a version of XBMC that is roughly a year old (not realy an issue, but i do recamend updating to the latest XBMC when you feel confident enough to do so). you can also use it to set the default dash to XBMC.
the disc is very user/newbie friendly and gives detailed instructions on using and explains what each option does