xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Softmodding Question  (Read 83 times)

ldotsfan

• Archived User
Softmodding Question
« on: February 24, 2011, 07:28:00 AM »

ldotsfan

• Archived User
Softmodding Question
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 05:51:00 AM »

Since you have IDE port via the card, hotswapping from Windows is an option: http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=4669512

For softmod hdd upgrades, check the link in my sig. There are many options.

RobRulez

• Archived User
Softmodding Question
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 02:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(RobRulez @ Feb 25 2011, 05:24 AM) View Post

thank you. I forgot that I had a via sata card with an ide port. will i be able to use this to softmod and/or upgrade the hd?

Idotsfan, I just installed the SATA card and tried to do the hotswap but after I type 'xboxhd' I get a linux error. I am thinking maybe it is because the SATA/IDE card I installed is not primary? Please get back to me as soon as you can as I have everything set up to do this right now. Thanks again!

RobRulez

• Archived User
Softmodding Question
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 12:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Feb 25 2011, 07:51 AM) View Post

Since you have IDE port via the card, hotswapping from Windows is an option: http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=4669512

For softmod hdd upgrades, check the link in my sig. There are many options.

Okay, today I installed the SATA/IDE card I have and used the IDE cable from a second Xbox and I got to the point where I typed 'xbrowser' only to get the "linux cd not found" error. At first I thought maybe the problem was due to the fact I was trying to hotswap via my SATA card so later on I tried using a different desktop, an older one with one IDE port on the actual motherboard. I got to the exact same point and again got the 'linux cd not found" error. I should mention that I used different xboxhdm cd's each time, therefore I don't believe the problem lies there. I now have reason to believe the problem is that I am trying to hotswap with a SATA DVD-ROM drive each time. Perhaps if I use xboxhdm2 and a flash drive I can get it to work?

Idotsfan, would you mind giving me detailed instructions on how to use xboxhdm2 and a flash drive as I read the existing guide on the forums and I found it extremely difficult to follow.

Sorry for the trouble and thank you again for your help thus far, it is very appreciated!

RobRulez

• Archived User
Softmodding Question
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 04:34:00 AM »

Sorry, forgot to mention that I tried the Xplorer360 method also but got the message 'no fatx drive found' even though windows recognized the drive at boot up...