xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Upgraded Hd Won't Play Some Games  (Read 97 times)

Al1ens

• Archived User
Upgraded Hd Won't Play Some Games
« on: October 15, 2010, 10:16:00 PM »

I hope someone can help me out, because this is driving me nuts  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

I used ndure 3.1 and xboxhdm, followed the tutorials here and softmodded my standard 10gb xbox, running unleashx latest version and all was well.
I could only fit 1 or 2 games on the drive so I decided to get a bigger drive. I had a 500gb set up ages ago, but this time my needs are more simple so I picked up a wee 40gigger.
I checked the Seagate St3400-16a could be locked (hq site said it would work) and followed the tute to the letter.
First time I tried I froze the drive, but I hotswapped and managed to lock it (cos I had the eeprom saved) with the linux boot disc, only to get an error 21. No biggie, I just made a new linuxiso and re-did the whole thing again.
This second time, oddly, I got the xbox  default dash and nothing else, so I made another ndure/xboxhdm disc and did a brand new softmod. Once the drive was locked again I installed and turned on my console...

Great news, the mod had worked and I had unleashx greet me as it did before. I ftp'd over the latest unleash dash, rebooted and still all was ok.
I could see drive F had 30gb of space and drive E 4gb, so the drive was ready to go.
I created a 'Games' folder on F and with flashxp ported over my xbox collection (7 games - both halos, rogue trooper, area 51, unreal championship 2, shadow ops and hello kitty) and took them for a spin.

Now this is the wierd bit, all games worked before when I had the small drive and ported them over, but now with the exception of the halos and hello kitty, all freeze when the games load and say 'press start to continue'. Rogue trooper doesn't even make it past the dash.
I still have the disc for shadow ops so I tried that in the dvd and f*ck me, it stalls at the same point.
What have I done, or changed to make this happen?
Any help will be greatfully rceieved.

xman954

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 11:06:00 PM »

clear E:\cache X,Y,Z

Al1ens

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 04:51:00 AM »

Cheers mate, seems to have done the trick.  cool.gif
Just tried it with Area51, and I'm past the freeze 'press start' screen. Will try the others when I port them back again.

I had cleared the x, y and z drives with no luck, so must've been the E/Cache.

Thanks for sorting that for me.