xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Unleashx + Ndure  (Read 121 times)

JayNich

• Archived User
Unleashx + Ndure
« on: September 04, 2010, 03:39:00 PM »

So, currently when I turn on my XBOX with the eject button it goes to the MSDASH.

I liked how it was when I had the SC Softmod installed, Using eject would open it to "INstall EvoX, Install UnleashX, Backup etc."

How can I make my softmod configured like this again? I dont want the Default MSDash anymore. I dont care for it.

Any help please?

obcd

• Archived User
Unleashx + Ndure
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 01:24:00 AM »

Difficult to answer. What have you changed so that it now boots in the M$dash? Unchange that..

If you can't fix your changes, you will need to mod your xbox again.
Welcome to the wonderfull world of xbox modding....

There is no magic trick to fix things...

regards.

JayNich

• Archived User
Unleashx + Ndure
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 07:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(obcd @ Sep 5 2010, 08:24 AM) View Post

Difficult to answer. What have you changed so that it now boots in the M$dash? Unchange that..

If you can't fix your changes, you will need to mod your xbox again.
Welcome to the wonderfull world of xbox modding....

There is no magic trick to fix things...

regards.

Well I messed up the C: drive when I was trying to manually update the dash and it became unbootable.

So I rebuilt the C drive, which then gave me the M$Dash.

So I tried using the SC savegame exploit as thats the only game I have. I xfer the files over and no luck, it just freezes.

So I used xboxhdm and NDURE 3.1

My C: drive is completely empty and the dash is in E:/ndts or something like that.

Heimdall

• Archived User
Unleashx + Ndure
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 06:29:00 PM »

Your dash is at E:\dash\default.xbe.

Kingroach NDURE 3.1 doesn't support the softmod menu when you press the eject button.

The C partition is empty because you didn't use the right options when you ran xboxhdm (which is understandable, because it isn't always very clear). Just take a clean 5960 C dash (from Slayers / AID etc.) and copy is to your blank C.

JayNich

• Archived User
Unleashx + Ndure
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 06:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Sep 7 2010, 02:29 AM) *

Your dash is at E:\dash\default.xbe.

Kingroach NDURE 3.1 doesn't support the softmod menu when you press the eject button.

The C partition is empty because you didn't use the right options when you ran xboxhdm (which is understandable, because it isn't always very clear). Just take a clean 5960 C dash (from Slayers / AID etc.) and copy is to your blank C.

Is there a way I can just manually install the softmod menu?

Idc if I have to get rid of NDURE I just want the old system back I had on there ha

Thanks

JayNich

• Archived User
Unleashx + Ndure
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 07:50:00 PM »

Basically Im really annoyed by this SHADOWC thing, I dont need it.

EDIT: I got it covered nvm.

This post has been edited by JayNich: Yesterday, 04:14 AM

Heimdall

• Archived User
Unleashx + Ndure
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 12:56:00 AM »

Stop calling your softmod NDURE. NDURE is the exploit, lots of softmod installers use it, including all of the current ones. Even if you change your softmod you should still end up using the NDURE exploit.

The only softmod that has the option of bringing up the softmod menu when you start with the eject button is SID. Trouble is, even the latest version of the SID installer (5.1) assumes that you know what you are doing, and give you lots of installation options - including the option to not install shadow C. The other softmod installers (Krayzie 1.1.1 and Kingroach 3.1) are far more noob friendly, and don't give you the same flexibility - they simply install a solid and well-protected softmod with shadow C. It's horses for courses - if you know what you are doing with softmods then use whichever one you want, and if you want absolute control then use SID, but be prepared to live with the consequences.

Shadow C is there for your protection, and it makes no difference to the day-to-day operation of your Xbox - it is completely transparent to the user. The reason your first softmod went wrong is because it didn't have shadow C, and if you manually change or delete the wrong file on the C partition of an unprotected Xbox then your softmod is gone - as you found out. If you want to go back and take that chance again then by all means install SID without shadow C - you'll get your softmod menu when you press eject, and you'll get another chance to break your softmod if you delete the wrong file......

This post has been edited by Heimdall: Yesterday, 09:10 AM

JayNich

• Archived User
Unleashx + Ndure
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 08:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Sep 7 2010, 08:56 AM) View Post

Stop calling your softmod NDURE. NDURE is the exploit, lots of softmod installers use it, including all of the current ones. Even if you change your softmod you should still end up using the NDURE exploit.

The only softmod that has the option of bringing up the softmod menu when you start with the eject button is SID. Trouble is, even the latest version of the SID installer (5.1) assumes that you know what you are doing, and give you lots of installation options - including the option to not install shadow C. The other softmod installers (Krayzie 1.1.1 and Kingroach 3.1) are far more noob friendly, and don't give you the same flexibility - they simply install a solid and well-protected softmod with shadow C. It's horses for courses - if you know what you are doing with softmods then use whichever one you want, and if you want absolute control then use SID, but be prepared to live with the consequences.

Shadow C is there for your protection, and it makes no difference to the day-to-day operation of your Xbox - it is completely transparent to the user. The reason your first softmod went wrong is because it didn't have shadow C, and if you manually change or delete the wrong file on the C partition of an unprotected Xbox then your softmod is gone - as you found out. If you want to go back and take that chance again then by all means install SID without shadow C - you'll get your softmod menu when you press eject, and you'll get another chance to break your softmod if you delete the wrong file......

Trial and error.