xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Soft Modded Larger Hard Drive Not Booting Dash  (Read 136 times)

celluloidhero16

• Archived User
Soft Modded Larger Hard Drive Not Booting Dash
« on: February 02, 2020, 08:17:00 PM »

Ok I've spent the last two days looking through all the message boards and tutorials and I'm most certain that I followed all the steps correctly. I have a soft modded 1.6 xbox with original hard drive that was working perfectly. I ftped into the box backed up the C, and E drives along with my eeprom. So next I wanted to upgrade to a 200gb seagate hard drive. I went about going through all the xboxhdm steps....copying the C, E, and eeprom files over creating the disc and etc. I made sure the drive was unlocked installed xboxhdm and created a drive from scratch with the included files I added to xboxhdm and locked it afterwords. When I boot up my xbox now it goes directly to the default MS Dashboard whether I turn it on with the power or dvd button. What gives? I tried putting in a burned game to see if it would load, but that doesn't work, so it seems like the mod didnt go through. Do I have any other options? Thanks if anyone can help.

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 02:32:00 AM »

When the xbox boots to the MS dash, will it play a backup? or no?

If yes,

First, make an unleashX boot DVD.
Second, Obtain a set of untouched C Drive contents.
Third, Boot to the unleashX boot CD and ftp into the xbox.
Fourth, Clear the C drive and ftp over untouched C drive files.
Fifth, Remove any softmod components from E drive except personal files and/or exploits.
Sixth, Re-softmod the xbox. Done.

If No,

Your softmod somehow has been broken but the xbox somehow still boots. I have no idea how this could have happened.

In this situation, if your softmod installer allows, you could attempt the softmod uninstaller utility (some exploits have this "remove softmod" feature) built in. Then, re-softmod. done. However this procedure is risky as you may have an incomplete softmod currently on your HD and the uninstall could yield some unfortunate results.

Good Luck

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 04:51:00 PM »

Have you disabled shadow C when you did a ftp backup of C? Booting with Frosty's xbox rescue disc will do that.