xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Install Xbmc Without Ftp?  (Read 561 times)

inc188

• Archived User
How To Install Xbmc Without Ftp?
« on: November 14, 2009, 11:26:00 PM »

hi everyone

i am just a newbie and just recently after quite a bit of research i was able to soft mod my xbox....

now i want to load up xbmc but i cant seem to get the FTP working thru the home router...

is there an alternative way of loading up xbmc or should it must be done thru ftp?

thank you kindly

obcd

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 02:18:00 AM »

You could burn it on a dvd as a xiso.
If you are lucky, the xbox will be able to read the disk, and you can copy the files back from the dvd on the xbox.
Xbox dvd drives are very picky about the media they read.

You really should try to get ftp going. It's the easiest way to transfer information to and from the xbox.

What dashboard do you have now on your xbox? Have you checked the xbox ip adress? Can you ping to your xbox?

regards.

inc188

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 02:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(obcd @ Nov 15 2009, 02:18 AM) *

You could burn it on a dvd as a xiso.
If you are lucky, the xbox will be able to read the disk, and you can copy the files back from the dvd on the xbox.
Xbox dvd drives are very picky about the media they read.

You really should try to get ftp going. It's the easiest way to transfer information to and from the xbox.

What dashboard do you have now on your xbox? Have you checked the xbox ip adress? Can you ping to your xbox?

regards.

thanks alot obcd

i am running EvolutionX and i have no idea why i picked it.. all of research  asks to make sure DHCP is enabled but in EvolutionX there is no such option.

i have the Static IP set to NO and i cant even PING the xbox... i have checked the xbox's ip and still no luck... do i have to change any setting on the router?

thank you

obcd

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 11:50:00 PM »

Static IP = No means that it will try to use DHCP. In case of DHCP, the xbox will ask for an ip adress from a DHCP server. Most routers have an option to function as DHCP server, but you need to enable it. I can't remember very well, but I think the Evolutionx shows the ip adress it got from the DHCP server on the screen. Do you see some numbers there like 192.168.xxx.yyy?

When you connect the xbox to the router, does the light goes on for that specific port of the router?
Does one of the lights surrounding the netwerk connector goes on? (That would prove that the hardware connection and the cable are fine.)

If you open a command prompt on your pc and you type ipconfig /all, what output do you get for your network adapter connected to your router?

As the Evolutionx dash doesn't have a file browser, you can't use it to transfer programs from a dvd to the xbox harddisk.

regards.