xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Thank You, Team Smartxx  (Read 281 times)

WilliamChgo

• Archived User
Thank You, Team Smartxx
« on: October 05, 2004, 07:08:00 PM »

Hey,

After putting some time in helping out noobs (yes, I was one a short time ago) I have a new found appreciation for the SmartXX and all the cool things it does to make things simple.

Please consider me an old grouch, pretty ready to jump all over you if you give me probs.  But after reading the tutorials, and a little fearless experimentation (it's only a stupid Xbox) I got my Xbox running everything I knew it could.

* Got the ability to backup my owned games and play them right off the hard disk!
* Got all the access to my PC so I can view pics stored there!
* Got the capability of streaming near real time TV to my Xbox!
* Got Linux installed, and I can surf the Web on my TV!
* Got more out of Linux, like being able to print from my Xbox!
* Got the ability to share Xbox files with my PC!

What else could I want?

Hmm... thinking.

But, thank you, team SmartXX!

This post has been edited by WilliamChgo on Oct 6 2004, 02:10 AM

Wrincle

• Archived User
Thank You, Team Smartxx
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 06:18:00 PM »

Yes. I feel the same way.. biggrin.gif

Knocker_Nutz

• Archived User
Thank You, Team Smartxx
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 08:39:00 PM »

Must be nice. My GD power and eject button doesn't work after installing the chip then flashing it through the web browser. I'm about to throw this thing through the window. Last SmartXX chip I'll buy. My shitty Aladdins didn't give me any trouble.

manguy

• Archived User
Thank You, Team Smartxx
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 08:53:00 PM »

QUOTE (Knocker_Nutz @ Oct 6 2004, 03:39 AM)
Must be nice. My GD power and eject button doesn't work after installing the chip then flashing it through the web browser. I'm about to throw this thing through the window. Last SmartXX chip I'll buy. My shitty Aladdins didn't give me any trouble.

Dont blame a chip for your shoddy install.

Knocker_Nutz

• Archived User
Thank You, Team Smartxx
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2004, 09:35:00 AM »

Fuck you man guy. It wasn't a shotty install. It boots up to the OS. Bitches like you need your ass whooped.

SigTom

• Archived User
Thank You, Team Smartxx
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2004, 02:32:00 PM »

How does the SmartXX come into play on your p/e buttons now working? If you take the SmartXX out, do they p/e buttons work?

Cheeky Goat

• Archived User
Thank You, Team Smartxx
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2004, 02:11:00 PM »

Yeah, the Xenium could give you exactly the same 10£ cheaper, don't get how the SmartXX is still one of the most expensive chips on the market.

WilliamChgo

• Archived User
Thank You, Team Smartxx
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2004, 03:02:00 PM »

Cheeky Goat, you seem to have some issue with SmartXX chips costing what they cost.  I don't get what you have against SmartXX, and I certainly don't want to stop you from blowing off some steam if you have your reasons.

However, when it comes to pricing products and services, especially new ones, I do have some small experience.  You always go with "The Law of Least Regret".

As the seller, what will you regret more?  Selling it low and then going, "Damn!  I could have got a boatload of more money per item!"  Or selling it high, and then going, "Damn!  Too few people are buying my product!"

In other words, your cost to produce something and its selling price are not connected in any way.  It's ALWAYS, what are people willing to pay?  SmartXX charges what it charges.  Not being privvy to their books, I presume the people at SmartXX have answered this fundamental question for themselves.

The "Law of Least Regret" is only adjusted by market forces.  If a competitor appears in the market with a competing product, it's usually accompanied by that competitors own version of said law.  Maybe they have a better product for the same or higher price.  Maybe they have a cheaper version and go after volume sales.  It's all worked out in the marketplace.

I hope this helps.

SigTom

• Archived User
Thank You, Team Smartxx
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2004, 04:52:00 PM »

Atlantica/Cheeky Goat/Whatever other nick he wants to use/Biggest Idiot in the World just likes to cause prolems.  He doesnt know how to use the SmartXX and because of that he started messing around with parts of the SmartXX OS he had no clue about, and after totally fuxoring his XBox HDD up and then conning the HDD manufacturer into believing it was THIER fault (ok so that means hes blamed the chip maker and the hdd maker....what did those two things have in common?  Him as a customer.  Where is the problem most likely?  Him a.k.a Atlantica/Cheeky Goat/Whatever other nick he wants to use/Biggest Idiot in the World) he finally got his XBox working again, just so that he can go and SCREW it up at some other point.  And when he does, Im sure he wont take responsibility for it...once again.  

Oh and Will, I wasnt talking to you in the other thread.

heinrich

• Archived User
Thank You, Team Smartxx
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2004, 05:26:00 PM »

QUOTE (Knocker_Nutz @ Oct 7 2004, 12:35 PM)
Fuck you man guy. It wasn't a shotty install. It boots up to the OS. Bitches like you need your ass whooped.

You can setup a quickboot in the OS so you dont see the OS every time..

Cheeky Goat

• Archived User
Thank You, Team Smartxx
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2004, 04:46:00 AM »

QUOTE (SigTom @ Oct 8 2004, 11:52 PM)
Atlantica/Cheeky Goat/Whatever other nick he wants to use/Biggest Idiot in the World just likes to cause prolems.  He doesnt know how to use the SmartXX and because of that he started messing around with parts of the SmartXX OS he had no clue about, and after totally fuxoring his XBox HDD up and then conning the HDD manufacturer into believing it was THIER fault (ok so that means hes blamed the chip maker and the hdd maker....what did those two things have in common?  Him as a customer.  Where is the problem most likely?  Him a.k.a Atlantica/Cheeky Goat/Whatever other nick he wants to use/Biggest Idiot in the World) he finally got his XBox working again, just so that he can go and SCREW it up at some other point.  And when he does, Im sure he wont take responsibility for it...once again.  

Oh and Will, I wasnt talking to you in the other thread.

I don't think you know what you're talking about, I'm just telling this guy that all the things that he thinks is so damn special for the SmartXX, like beeing able to play backed up games, really can be done with less expensive chips that are even more exiting in their design than the SmartXX and also quality products. Stop flaming in here if you can't take that others comments on the SmartXX.

bi786

• Archived User
Thank You, Team Smartxx
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2004, 04:09:00 AM »

After previously installing Aladdin chips I have installed 2 SmartXX chips today on a 1.4 and a 1.6 crystal and it went perfectly. The chip is fantastic and I for one will always be using it in the future as I think the price is good for all the features that you get with the chip, a big thumbs up for SmartXX here and a big thank you for a cool product smile.gif

Aluminum Gerbil

• Archived User
Thank You, Team Smartxx
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2004, 06:18:00 PM »

Well the on thing the smartxx has over the xenium is it's flash size.  It does the same things the xenium, but Im sure the 4mb flash is what makes it cost a little more.  Sure the guy at the top of this post could have done all this with a TSOP flash and saved his money, but the smartxx is SO easy and I just love how easy flashing different bios's is.

Aluminum Gerbil

• Archived User
Thank You, Team Smartxx
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2004, 06:19:00 PM »

Eeek.  Double post sorry mods...

This post has been edited by Aluminum Gerbil on Oct 10 2004, 01:20 AM

FallsInc

• Archived User
Thank You, Team Smartxx
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2004, 11:27:00 PM »

damn dubble post demons...lol

anyway, yeah. smartxx is the best IMO, i wont buy a xecuter chip until they get rid of that shitty bank selector on the front. i love just opening firefox and hitting flash, and it does it
Pages: [1] 2