xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xapter Work On Smartxx?  (Read 151 times)

Novel_Idea87

• Archived User
Xapter Work On Smartxx?
« on: August 08, 2004, 08:39:00 PM »

I'm wanting to buy the SmartXX v2 special edition kit, but want to go solderless (shaky hands).  The only place ive seen that has it doesnt offer a solderless adapter (www.modchip.us), at least not that I can tell.  So, I was wondering if the Xapter would work w/o any modifications to the SmartXX chip, because it claims to be universal and works w/ every chip.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Xapter Work On Smartxx?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 09:43:00 PM »

Xapter will not work with X3 Chips.

pROvIs

• Archived User
Xapter Work On Smartxx?
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 12:27:00 AM »

hehe hsd dont know if you meant smartxx or x3 ;)

but on all smartxx you need to modify to work with the standard solderless adapters

milkdude52

• Archived User
Xapter Work On Smartxx?
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 06:18:00 PM »

I just did two SmartXX installs with the Xapter.  You just need to solder one wire from the SmartXX board D0 location to the wire on the Xapter that you push into the D0 location on the motherboard.  No soldering on the Xbox motherboard itself.

lookformeb

• Archived User
Xapter Work On Smartxx?
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 10:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (milkdude52 @ Aug 13 2004, 06:18 PM)
I just did two SmartXX installs with the Xapter.  You just need to solder one wire from the SmartXX board D0 location to the wire on the Xapter that you push into the D0 location on the motherboard.  No soldering on the Xbox motherboard itself.

OR rather... Solder the corresponding 4th pin on the SmartXX PCB to the SmartXX d0 point.

onlyoneskwalla

• Archived User
Xapter Work On Smartxx?
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 10:45:00 PM »

I've seen modstore.com sells the smartxx v2 chip premodded if you buy the solderless adapter.  The adapter looks like the one from ozxodus.  They also have a picture of the modded chip for your reference at modstore.com.  They say the only problem is the solderless adaptor has no 5v which is usually a requirement for the LCD accessory.  I don't know which lcd need it and which don't. Another thing I wonder about is the Xapter has more pins than the xenium counterpart, i wonder if that would restore the missing 5v on most xboxes. Thus creating a better solution for the solder problem. I myself  own the xenium ice solderless. It works great any one who has had problems with it are noobs and need to read the very similar xapter guide for proper installation which can be found at teamxecuter.com.   :beer: I'm going to email modstore.com and see if they have tryed the xapter and if the results were good for the LCD problem.

onlyoneskwalla

• Archived User
Xapter Work On Smartxx?
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 11:00:00 PM »

Also novel if you want to search for resellers go to smartxx.com for the list of distributors.  I don't believe anyone can beat modstore.com for the solderless version with the special kit, but I have seen some better chip deals and right now modstore.com is having trouble with their checkout system.  :ph34r:

mzk4c3

• Archived User
Xapter Work On Smartxx?
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 09:25:00 PM »

I wouldn't order from Modstore.com

They hosed me for two week till I call Paypal.
got refund the next day.
Also call BMMODs and ordered another chip

There service is 100% great so far, and the final cost was the same as Modstore.com.

I should get the chip tommorrow.

Have all Friday & Sat to Mod.

all i really want to do is HD storage and video streaming from ReplayTV.

Wish me luck!!!!

onlyoneskwalla

• Archived User
Xapter Work On Smartxx?
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2004, 08:35:00 AM »

Yeah I trust bmm cuz that's where I got my chip and if you want it quick you can't beat em.  Modstore hasn't emailed me back I don't think anyone maintains it anymore, think paypal stopped sending payments to them too. Bmm offer loyalty discounts and good prices across the board