xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cloning Hd To A Small One?  (Read 69 times)

adil786

• Archived User
Cloning Hd To A Small One?
« on: August 25, 2008, 11:10:00 AM »

Hi all,

Been a while since Ive rocked the xbox-scene, so I just wanna make sure what im doing before I make a door stop!

Ive currently got a 250gb softmodded HD in the xbox working great, hardly got anything on it, so Would like to swap it with the  80gb that I have in my pc.

So, Can I clone the 250gb with about (50-60gb on it) to the 80gb, with no problems?

Thanks,

adil786

ldotsfan

• Archived User
Cloning Hd To A Small One?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 07:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(adil786 @ Aug 26 2008, 01:46 AM) View Post

Hi all,

Been a while since Ive rocked the xbox-scene, so I just wanna make sure what im doing before I make a door stop!

Ive currently got a 250gb softmodded HD in the xbox working great, hardly got anything on it, so Would like to swap it with the  80gb that I have in my pc.

So, Can I clone the 250gb with about (50-60gb on it) to the 80gb, with no problems?

Thanks,

adil786

1. Backup eeprom to PC before you do anything else.
2. The first 8Gb of the 250Gb can be cloned directly to the 80Gb (same LBA positions). This will also transfer the softmod package over since C drive is in the first 8Gb.
3. Contents in F and G drive will need to be transferred to another storage first as obcd suggested.
4. For drive cloning to happen, source hdd needs to be unlocked. But see point 1.
5. After target hdd is ready, you need to lock the hdd before installation back to xbox. xboxhdm together with eeprom.bin from step 1 will lock it.