xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Duplicating Kingroach's Ndure Script Effects With Xplorer360  (Read 161 times)

welandB

• Archived User
Duplicating Kingroach's Ndure Script Effects With Xplorer360
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2009, 02:23:00 AM »

I think my problem is that when I boot the xbox, the C drive that's visible from FTP is the shadowc.img.  Is that how it works?  That would explain why I couldn't fit another 300+MB shadowc.img on the drive.

I think I'll just try ldot's tutorial from scratch tomorrow.

obcd

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2009, 02:39:00 AM »

There are a couple of methods to turn the shadowc off. Have you tried those?

The shadowc.img file is the shadowc partition.
How can it be active when you aren't succeeding to ftp that file over.
When it is active, why are you trying to ftp that file over?

I can't follow your procedure very well. Since you can ftp, I assume your xbox is modded already.
What are you trying to do with it?

regards.

Jangaboo

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2010, 06:53:00 PM »

thanks original poster

i've modded three xbox 1's previous to this using xboxhdm 1.9 with ndure and hotswap method but i recently upgraded my computer and I no longer had a IDE cd/dvd drive (Just sata)

I tried running xbrowser and would receive a linux not found type error so i was at a loss of what to do with no ide CD/DVD drive around...found out about xboxhdm 2.1 and booted into slax via usb but i was a lot loss of what to do

FINALLY found this post 4 hours later and got it to work within 30 minutes, probably easier than running xboxhdm through CD but maybe its easier to screw up in xplorer360

reference for myself

1.  went through standard procedure of installing ndure 3.1, picked proper kernel version

2.  hit pause break on PC before auto detection bootup

3.  hotswap method on xbox was pausing copied song from hard-drive

4.  booted windows xp and followed rest of your guide no sweat

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2010, 08:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jangaboo @ Apr 4 2010, 08:53 AM) View Post

thanks original poster

reference for myself

1.  went through standard procedure of installing ndure 3.1, picked proper kernel version

Thank you for reporting back on your results.  beerchug.gif

Strykaar

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 03:52:00 AM »

Idots... I'm totally straight, but I love you man.  I had to register on the forums -just- to thank you for this.  I tried for countless hours to get your xboxhdm2 to work.  I think I finally chalked it up to not hotswapping at the correct time during pc bootup/running.  

I did one last search and pray, and came across this thread.  Gave it a go, and what do you know, worked like a charm first try.  Had Unleash X up and kicking in less than 10 minutes.  Thank you so much for this.

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 07:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(Strykaar @ May 5 2010, 05:52 PM) View Post

I did one last search and pray, and came across this thread.  Gave it a go, and what do you know, worked like a charm first try.  Had Unleash X up and kicking in less than 10 minutes.  Thank you so much for this.

beerchug.gif  You're welcome. beerchug.gif

what the dickens

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 09:15:00 AM »

3 hours of research and I find this, then install UnleashX in 5 minutes after 30 secs of reading.
Why is this so hard to find?! It's by far the easiest way of doing everything...

Thank you so much!

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2010, 08:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(what the dickens @ Jul 13 2010, 11:15 PM) View Post

Why is this so hard to find?! It's by far the easiest way of doing everything...

Well, you did find the post and got your xbox modded.  beerchug.gif

Ulala321

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2010, 10:27:00 AM »

Hi, sorry to necro a defunct topic, but I’ve run into a snag trying to softmod and feel the answer could be in this thread! I have a couple of old Xboxes just collecting dust and thought this would be a fun project. The boxes have not been modded in any way before.

I have a good grasp on the process and am pretty computer savvy. Unfortunately, my computer only has one IDE slot on the mobo, everything else is SATA, so the CD I made using Ndure and xboxhdm following this guide (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=496263) didn’t work. Xboxhdm would boot off the disc but gave me a “no linux CD found” error when I would enter the xbrowser command, even though it had just booted from that very CD. *facepalm*

I found that 2 IDE channels are necessary, so I might be SOL since my computer only has one and no IDE CD-drive, but then had the wild idea of using the drive off my second Xbox since it’s IDE. I’ll plug the IDE slave into the disc drive of xbox#2, hotswap the master into the hard drive of xbox#1, and maybe I won't get the no linux found error. The only problem I forsee is the xbox disc drive might not read a burned CD, or running the 2 different devices into one channel. I’ll give this a try when I get home but I know it's a long shot.

If it doesn’t work, I’ve read up on ways to use a USB flash drive in the same way as the CD, but haven’t found a step by step guide for total linux dummies. I've read and read and read but don't know what files to put on my USB flash drive. Would I just put the ISO on there with a bootloader? Step by step would be a huge help, can anyone point me in the right direction? Or maybe there's a better method than the USB drive, like the one in this thread?

Finally, trying to do what was done in this thread: I unplugged the disc drive to get error 12 on xbox #1 and hotswapped the hard drive while my computer was in windows and scanned for new hardware. Windows detected it just fine and I was able to see it in disk management under device manager. Xpolorer360 couldn’t detect any FATX drives however, and I also tried Filezilla but still couldn’t find the xbox hard drive. Even if I were to access the drive, Idotsfan’s instructions in the first post are still a little difficult for me to understand. Can anyone help clarify or tell me why Xplorer360 won’t detect the drive?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 07:09:00 AM »

Make sure you use Xplorer360 beta 6. You also have to be really accurate with the timing of the hotswap - if you haven't unplugged the disk before the error message appears then you're too late because the disk will relock again.

nullified

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2010, 01:06:00 AM »

First, Thanks for this guide.  Saved me a lot of time and trouble.  Second, thanks
to the LDotsfan.  Third, Thanks to Jangaboo for this:

QUOTE(Jangaboo @ Apr 4 2010, 01:53 AM) *

I did something similar.  Here is what I did using an IBM ThinkCentre with 1 IDE slot and running XP:

1. I followed step 1 from Jangaboo: "1.  went through standard procedure of installing ndure 3.1, picked proper kernel version"

2. I started up my xbox and played a song for a few minutes and then paused it.  I then disconnected the IDE Cable from the HDD and hooked it up to my PC that was ALREADY in windows XP.  This is the Hotswap.

3. I went to device manager and had it scan for new devices.

4. I followed the rest of Ldotsfan's original guide.  

Works fine.  Can't wait to test it all out and see what I can make it do.

360fan123

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2010, 11:14:00 AM »

Thanks for the tut, but i can't get the HDD to detect correctly.

I booted up my comp and pause/break's before hdd detection

performed hotswap by pausing a song which was playing from the hdd

booted into windows 7

it found the hdd

but i cant get device manager to pick it up

it just says "I/O error"

anyone have any ideas?

thanks

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2010, 05:54:00 AM »

2. I started up my xbox and played a song for a few minutes and then paused it. I then disconnected the IDE Cable from the HDD and hooked it up to my PC that was ALREADY in windows XP. This is the Hotswap.

The Art of Hotswapping

360fan123

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2010, 11:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Sep 27 2010, 12:54 PM) *

My bad, i managed to successfully hotswap this time (showed up in xplorer 360) however, after following your original post, it asks me to transfer files onto partitions 3 and 4. About half way through xplorer360 became non responsive and crashed, now the HDD is only showing 4/5 partitions and the other partitions are empty.

Have i broken the hard disk now? I get a red flashing ring when i tried the hdd in the xbox.

This post has been edited by 360fan123: Sep 27 2010, 06:46 PM

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2010, 06:58:00 AM »

Any error no on the screen?. Xplorer360 takes a long time to copy shadowC file so when you think it is irresponsive, it may just be busy.

Is partition 3 and 4 accessible? List the files if possible on pastebin.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4