xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Franz of SmartXX Leaked M8 Bios Maliciously...  (Read 3554 times)

Master-Chief

• Archived User
Franz of SmartXX Leaked M8 Bios Maliciously...
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2004, 09:13:00 AM »

sleep.gif

drozek

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2004, 09:15:00 AM »

shame on you folks you should make your own bios, stealing peoples hard work, I hope you guys stop makign chips EVERYONE GIVING Xecuter money and buy their chips, I know I will be buying atleast 20 chips from them and to think I was just about to buy a SmartXX chip man bad idea on the part of me boo to you SmartXX

drozek

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2004, 09:17:00 AM »

mad.gif

Zer04evr

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2004, 09:35:00 AM »

its funny how they say nothing on thier mainsite fucking douches makes me glad i tsoped and im too lazy to update bioses

CoRP5e

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2004, 10:06:00 AM »

That was a bad thing to do.... this is the second time SmartXX has done something stupid and wrong...first lying to their customers about the HDD dection will get u banned..now this? screw Team SmartXX!!!! the link 2 thier site should be moved from all respected links sections!!!!

CoRP5e

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2004, 10:16:00 AM »

The link 2 their site should be taken out of the respected link section on the front page because of this

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2004, 11:05:00 AM »

sleeping.gif

evoxreloaded

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2004, 11:16:00 AM »

only finally its not so much against ozXodus

evoxreloaded

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2004, 11:19:00 AM »

because once a b-s'r always a b-s'r ... its all about having the best support and most accurate info....

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2004, 11:25:00 AM »

I hate to say it, but for those of you who CHOSE to flash the m8 BIOS did it to yourself. How many of you who have a hosed Xbox because of this BIOS actually bothered to check to see if it's directly from the source instead of third-party. Everyone who TSOPs, chip mods, and uses Phoenix BIOS Loader take that risk with new BIOSes...final or not. Sure, it was leaked, but people CHOSE to download it...it wasn't like they were forced to do so. That's, unfortunately, the nature of the beast.

This may seem like flamebait but it isn't. I am sympathetic towards those who now have a useless Xbox because of this situation, but these people have learned, the hard way, that they should watch the source of whatever they download.

Boycotting the SmartXX chip and removing the links to the SmartXX website is just childish since you'd be punishing a team for the actions of one member of that team. I don't condone the actions of Franz, but the rest of the team shouldn't be hit with his bullshit. Perhaps talks need to occur between us, the consumers, and the team letting the team know that perhaps Franz needs to "get the fuck out" (it is our right to do so since we are consumers of their product)...and yes, there are alternative products (and yes, it's your right to choose that product based on reputation).

And yes, I have a SmartXX (and am happy with it), and when I get another Xbox I intend to look at Xenium and X3 for my next modchip, so there's no favoritism here.

kamu1

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2004, 11:48:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

Ultima111

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2004, 12:00:00 PM »

dry.gif , and have a better chip for the money/worse features.

You choose who you support muhaha.gif !

kamu1

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2004, 12:06:00 PM »

Lol, agree with ms2004 and EvilWays. Don't need to add any more then they did ^^

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2004, 12:18:00 PM »

It's humorious when ppl claim the SmartXX or OzXodus to be "better" (hardware wise) than the other, when they are so ignorant of the background relating to the two teams...

/edit
spelling

swolsten

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2004, 12:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (ms2004 @ May 29 2004, 07:16 PM)
What kind of Forum is this anyway?

Flamewar-Forum instead of X-Box-Scene-Forum?

Team SmartXX leaked the bios.... so what?

That doesn´t make the smartxx-modchip less good in competition with other chips....

That issue just affects the 1.6 so who cares anyway...

So waht? wtf, the people that spend time writing software, doing quality control to make sure its stable enough for you to use for free. At the end of the day, this proves that SmartXX (or some of its members) cannot be trusted to look after the interests of the entire scene.  They are only interested in selling modchips. The bios was leaked so they could sell modchips to people with V1.6 xbox's, it wasn’t so people could have access to it, it was for their profit.

Not all teams like doing bug fix releases every day. Some take pride in their work and only want to be associated with stable products.

Most developers what to have some control over when their things are released, if it wasn’t so public that SmartXX leaked this bios then how would EvoX look when it turns out that the bios had a flaw, would people still say does it really matter?

Were not saying there is something wrong with the chip, were saying that there is something wrong with the team behind the chip. Big difference.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13