xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: After Hd Upgrade Xbox No Longer Is Softmodded?  (Read 68 times)

cellpunxer

• Archived User
After Hd Upgrade Xbox No Longer Is Softmodded?
« on: September 07, 2007, 06:29:00 PM »

For some reason after upgrading my HD on my Xbox v1.1 4817, it is no longer softmoded (boots to original xbox dash and light is green.) I originally softmoded my Xbox with its original HD using Krayzies NDURE 3.0 which had unleashx as my Dashboard. I changed to XBMC as my dash (deleted unleashx from DASH folder replaced with XBMC. So far everything fine. Then i bought a new Seagate 80GB HD ST380011A and used xbhdm 1.9 and saved my C and E folders to desktop including eeprom.bin and made a ISO, burned it transfered folders and locked hd. Installed in xbox and just as i previously mentioned it doesnt boot XBMC as my dash. It boots up stock xbox dash? Why is this? I am so frustrated. Thanks.

This post has been edited by cellpunxer: Sep 8 2007, 01:30 AM

kingroach

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 08:30:00 PM »

you probably backed up shadowc files.. if you installed softmod with xboxhdm it copies original files as a backup to shadowc.. you can just hotswap/ unlock the drive with eeprom and softmod again..

cellpunxer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 01:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(kingroach @ Sep 8 2007, 03:30 AM) *

you probably backed up shadowc files.. if you installed softmod with xboxhdm it copies original files as a backup to shadowc.. you can just hotswap/ unlock the drive with eeprom and softmod again..

Thanks for the help, I forgot that xbhdm has the option to clone a hard drive so i took that route and even though it took over 3 hours to transfer everything to new HD everything turned out just fine!