xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Not Working After Removing Chip  (Read 136 times)

fahad

• Archived User
Xbox Not Working After Removing Chip
« on: January 26, 2005, 06:00:00 AM »

hi to all
I have a Xbox (1.0 or 1.1) with ALADDIN MINI Chip.
I buy new X-BIT 1.5 from the internet, I open my Xbox and I remove the ALADDIN MINI Chip and I remove all the wire. after that i test my Xbox and 'it working very fine without and Chip.
I Install the X-BIT 1.5 by Pogopin type and after that I test my Xbox again but it's not working and after 3 time restart the light become RED and GREEN and no video or sound.
I remove the X-BIT chip and I try to install again with wire but I found a very difficult to install the D0 and I think I Break the hole.
I remove every thing and I test my Xbox and I see the same problem nothing is working and after 3 time restart the light become RED and GREEN.

can any one help my to make my Xbox working again.
and If the motherboard Is Breaking from were I can buy another one (from Internet)

I Liveing in Oman in the Middel East.

sorry for my bad english and I hope my problem is clear

fahad

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 03:21:00 PM »

No one here can help me  :(

[TR]

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 04:16:00 PM »

I made a topic here yesterday about a problem that sound like that.
I put the chip in, it doesn't boot. I take it out and the XBOX frags!
Tell me, does your motherboard have any part part scraped by one of the pins that don't sit in the LPC port? I think mine does and that may be what's killing it.
Maybe it shorted a circuit or something. I'm no electronics buff :P

fahad

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 06:09:00 PM »

There's no part scraped in the motherboard only the D0 hole is coming biger. I'll tray again to open my Xbox and clean the LPC port.
and I want ask you there is another hole for D0 in the motherboard ??

Jazsun007

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 05:12:00 PM »

sometimes that D0 is very sensative and if you scrap it too much or fuck with it too much it will break and there goes your motherboard. When I installed my xbit i carfully scraped inside the D0 w/ a screw driver and clean it off and it takes al ittle force, but the chip will snap in once it gets into the d0

BlackRainbow

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 05:40:00 AM »

pah... when you uninstall a chip you also have to uninstall the new dashboard... the installation is in the HD not in the chip... (you should have done a backup of your original MS dashboard)... to make it work properly without the chip you have to set is IDENTICALY as it was before modding. I don't know about HD locking...
If you have replaced the hd i think you can still use it but you have still to uninstall all functions that works with the chip...

If you want I can give you further details... btw I need help for this stupid chip that goes out of place every fucking time I touch it.

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 06:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(BlackRainbow @ Mar 30 2005, 12:40 PM)
pah... when you uninstall a chip you also have to uninstall the new dashboard... the installation is in the HD not in the chip... (you should have done a backup of your original MS dashboard)... to make it work properly without the chip you have to set is IDENTICALY as it was before modding. I don't know about HD locking...
If you have replaced the hd i think you can still use it but you have still to uninstall all functions that works with the chip...

If you want I can give you further details... btw I need help for this stupid chip that goes out of place every fucking time I touch it.

Not true, you can leave them other non MS applications on the hard drive without having the chip in. All you really need to do is lock the hard drive.

From what the original poster has described, I would say that he has fucked up the d0 when hje was removing the original chip.
I would try routing the underside d0 point with the topside then making another connection from the underside d0 to one of the d0 pins on the chip.

tgeorgo

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 08:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(fahad @ Jan 27 2005, 02:09 AM)
There's no part scraped in the motherboard only the D0 hole is coming biger. I'll tray again to open my Xbox and clean the LPC port.
and I want ask you there is another hole for D0 in the motherboard ??

if you have broken your D0 point do a search in the forums with "broken D0"

also for the alternative D0 it is stated at the xbit tutorial forums...wire instalation.

but realy, since you broke the D0 don't try to do anything more, try to find someone who can help you.

This post has been edited by tgeorgo: Apr 4 2005, 03:42 PM

xcoughcoolx

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 02:56:00 AM »

hey i've had this problem with my xbox. I was working fine then i turned it off at the wall with and ever since when the chip is turned on (xecuter 1.6) it flashes green and red as described before. any thoughts on how i could fix this. It works fine when the chip is turned off

ShadowSparton

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 03:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(xcoughcoolx @ Apr 28 2005, 02:56 AM)
hey i've had this problem with my xbox. I was working fine then i turned it off at the wall with and ever since when the chip is turned on (xecuter 1.6) it flashes green and red as described before. any thoughts on how i could fix this. It works fine when the chip is turned off

That was very hard to understand so im sorry but i cant help you.

I think you might have wrecked your D0 :(  because its not supposed to get bigger as you said it is... But you might be able to buy a new mobo. But it must be your xbox version.