xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Newbie Here With A Couple Of Xbit Questions!  (Read 71 times)

Boneshil420

• Archived User
Newbie Here With A Couple Of Xbit Questions!
« on: December 28, 2004, 10:29:00 AM »

Hi everyone!  Yes, I am a newbie, so please take it easy on me  ;)

I have a v1.0 Xbox and I have installed the Xbit 1.5. When I power it on, the green light turns on, but nothing else changes.  It still boots the MS dashboard as usual, but I see no visible recognition of the bios I have flashed ( Xecuter X2 4983).  At the moment, I am not interested in installing a different dashboard, as my only intention is to play "back-up" games.  

At the moment, I am in the process of making a back-up disk of a game, but I have a feeling that something is wrong with my installation and/or bios.  Does this sound to be the dreaded d0 problem?  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks so much everyone!
-Hil

t!dus_beta

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 02:18:00 PM »

try firef**kers x-disk, if it boots afta the X logo, then ur bios/flashing works.

i duno about playin backups without a the dash being installed, but eh, i duno everything. but try a evox cd or sumtin!

sorry i cant be any more helpful

Spice Guy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004, 01:26:00 AM »

Hi Mate,

You say you have flashed the Xecture 2 bios to your modchip, but see no physical signs that your bios is working because the M$ Dash has booted.

Well, then your d0 point isnt connected proberly and/or your modchip isnt seated right.  The green light on the modchip is telling you that the chip is getting power from the xbox, but the only signs you get that the d0 pin is correctly aligned is the hacked bios booting.

You should be seeing the word "Xecuter" underneath the XBOX text on the bootup screen instead of "MS" if your hacked bios is being booted to.

Try getting hold of a colour Modified Bios so you can be sure your Bios is being booted to, and double check the d0 connection.

There is no point in trying to install any dashboards until you are certain this first step is succesfull as it will just cause you stress  :D

Boneshil420

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2004, 07:46:00 AM »

I tried to connect up again last night.   I am almost quite certain that the d0 point is okay.  I heard a little click when I got the contact in there, and visually made sure numerous times.  I do have a version 1.0 Xbox, and I've heard that the soldered LPC points can sometimes be a problem.  I've opened my xbox up about 5 times now, and I'm just getting so frustrated!   I think I'm going to get my chip installed by a professional (soldered).  My nerves just can't take it anymore!  :blink:
-Hilary