xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Krayzie's 1.1.1 & Cash 1.1  (Read 35 times)

DazJWood

• Archived User
Krayzie's 1.1.1 & Cash 1.1
« on: October 24, 2006, 06:21:00 AM »

I am a little confused over these two installers. (I have read through most of the posts here regarding these two softmod installers)
I know this is probably a really niave post so please forgive my ignorance.

I have softmodded three XBoxs now with Krayzie's NDure 1.0 and all went fairly straight forward. Two of them have larger hard drives and were built using XBoxHDM. All three Xboxs now boot directly with XBMC as the dashboard.

My question is, should I upgrade these XBox to Krayzie's latest softmod 1.1.1 and if so what are the advantages in doing so? Also, what does CASH's installer give me over Krayzie's?

Thanks and I apologise again for the niave question.

Thanks,

Daz

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 06:46:00 AM »

Krayzies Installer is the actual softmod. CASH is just an installer/helper disc to make things easier. You can use CASH to upgrade all 3 of those boxs if you want. You won't lose anything and it will take only a minute to do. If not using CASH you would have to manually install all of the files, CASH will just make it easier.

I forget all the things he updated from v1.0 all the way to v1.1.1, but if you read the readme.txt in Ndure v1.1 installer (the readme is also in CASH) it has the changelog at the bottom of what was changed in v1.0 to v1.1, v1.1.1 was just a small fix with really almost nothing you can tell was changed.

*Note* If your F or G drive doesn't show correctly after upgrading to v1.1.1 from v1.0, then you need to install Krayzies Extras and change your NKpatcher to .06 or .67. This is due to v1.1.1 defaulting to .06 or .67 (I can never remember which is default), so if you picked .67 when you installed Ndure v1.0 then when you install v1.1.1 it might default to .06 and you won't see the contents of F/G until you change the NKpatcher back to .67.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

DazJWood

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 07:49:00 AM »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am still a bit confused though. You say

If not using CASH you would have to manually install all of the files, CASH will just make it easier.

What files would I have to manually install? I thought Krayzie's Ndure 1.1 installer included an option to update from 1.0? Is this not the case?

Thanks,

Daz

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 07:59:00 AM »

You would have to FTP in and delete the old gamesaves that are on the HDD. Then you would copy the new gamesaves to the HDD. Then you would boot the exploit menu (via 007, MA, or SC, or Extras Menu) and select to upgrade to 1.1

With CASH you can just use the gamesave deleter to delete the saves, hit copy new saves, then boot the installer to upgrade to v1.1, saves alot of time and you don't have to FTP in and figure out which/what files to delete  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

DazJWood

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 08:24:00 AM »

Lol ok.

I guess there's no great advantage in using one over the other then.

Thanks for your quick response.

Daz

DazJWood

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 06:53:00 PM »

Well have used CASH. I did in fact already have Krayzie's Ndure 1.1 installed, so used CASH to update to 1.1.1 and then ran the update.

I also took the opportunity to update XBMC to 2.0 as my dash. So did this using Krayzie's Extras using the dashboard management feature.

My G drive did indeed vanish, so I ran the NKPatcher.67 but still my G drive has not reappeared. In FlashFXP it is missing (no matter how many times i refresh using F5). In XBMC it does not show up anywhere other than on the Files section, but even there it has no space against it where the others all have remaining space next to the drive.

I booted back into Krayzie's Extras and looked at the settings part which had a setting saying Use G Drive - No. So I changed this to Yes rebooted but it still has not reappeared.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Daz

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 10:46:00 PM »

it's probably a setting or a problem from xbmc. try loading unleashx or evox as an app and check if that does have a G

Joshatdot

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 11:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(DazJWood @ Oct 27 2006, 05:24 PM) *
My G drive did indeed vanish, so I ran the NKPatcher.67 but still my G drive has not reappeared. In FlashFXP it is missing (no matter how many times i refresh using F5). In XBMC it does not show up anywhere other than on the Files section, but even there it has no space against it where the others all have remaining space next to the drive.

XBMC has a weird bug? feature? where if Drive G is empty, it will not show up in XBMC or in the FTP list.

In FlashFXP just manually type in G for the drive and it'll work, then copy over some dummy file to ahve it show in XBMC.