xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Cash V1.1 Released  (Read 391 times)

Peter Gibbons

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2006, 01:15:00 PM »

Question. I have done many softmods before but never on a non-stock drive. Im making my chipped box into a softmodded box.  I have a 40gb already installed. Will it still work on that drive? Do I need to make sure that the drive is locked before I attempt this? Also when the softmod is done can I still unlock the drive or will that not work????

Peter Gibbons

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2006, 02:21:00 PM »

actually first order of business: we need seeders!!!! at this rate it is going to take a week to acquire this.

Peter Gibbons

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2006, 03:04:00 PM »

also yet another question. My mod does not have an external swith, so when im supposed to reboot with the chip disabled do i just take the chip out or flick the internal switch to mod disabled?

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2006, 08:04:00 PM »

The 40gig drive will work fine, just lock it before using CASH. You can't unlock it afterwards, softmods need a locked HDD to boot.

If you have an internal switch then yeah you can use that to boot the mod disabled, if no internal switch then you can just take the chip out and then you won't be modded anymore.

Peter Gibbons

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2006, 10:42:00 PM »

Ok the install went great with unleash x. The inside of my xbox was total dust. No wonder why the chip kept bugging out.... The only problem is that I NEED a higher fan speed because my 40 gb hd gives off a lot of heat. Im worried that when I changed to the softmod my higher fan speed went away.  How can I change the fan speed and or leds????

edit: ahhh nevermind. I didnt realize unleash x had a fan speed option. Awesome! I like this dash better than the evox dash I had since 2002.... haha bye bye mod chip...

This post has been edited by Peter Gibbons: Dec 23 2006, 06:46 AM

bigmac_375

• Recovered User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2006, 09:47:00 AM »

okay so im still trying to get it and only see like one seeder and im not connected to him. help me out?

Peter Gibbons

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2006, 10:07:00 AM »

ahhh I would help but I just erased mine.... Just rape the manual announce and it will only take about 12 hours tops.....

understood

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2006, 12:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(bigmac_375 @ Dec 23 2006, 11:47 AM) *

okay so im still trying to get it and only see like one seeder and im not connected to him. help me out?

I'll try seeding it, my 'rent is from tpb so I don't know if we have the same one or not

This post has been edited by understood: Dec 24 2006, 08:41 AM

bigmac_375

• Recovered User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2006, 10:50:00 AM »

ok i have it now it just took a long time.

question: when i choose to fully return it to stock, i rebooted it to an evox menu with:
Launch Disk
System Settings

I was guessing that fully return to stock meant what it said.
if theres no way to get around this, can i just install 1.1.1 ontop of whatever this is?

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2006, 06:17:00 PM »

You didn't follow the directions for Ndure, you must boot the gamesave and select to remove the softmod and select your fonts, then boot with CASH and Shadow C is disabled and you will be able to format and install the softmod. Just read the "How to format Ndure v1.1 and go back to stock+Ndure v1.1.1" Section on page 17 of the manual.

motofo

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2006, 08:23:00 AM »

I soft modded a friends box a while back with uxe2 w/ SC, and his brother deleted the exploits out of the gamesave, now we've got error 16......I tried to hotswap to get in and replace them, but it wont allow the harddrive to unlock. To make matters worse, he cant find the the backup cd I gave him...grrrr! Do we have a doorstop here?

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2006, 10:37:00 AM »

If it will read a burned disc it can fix it. If you have Slayers, AID, or any burned game you can toss it in and if it will boot from a coldstart then you can use CASH v1.1 to fix it.

pcwhiz

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2007, 01:38:00 PM »

Im not sure if this carried over from my previous "softmod" or if it is setup this way with CASH but the LED is orange when I turn on the xbox.  I can change it in the dashboard but if i launch a game with a shortcut button then it bypasses the dashboard and the LED stays orange.  Is there a way to change this?

As a side question, if Halo 2 campaign levels freeze for about a minute every time it loads a checkpoint what does that mean?  Hard drive is dying possibly?

Cerealkillajme, thanks for helping me out before my xbox has been working great.

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2007, 09:04:00 PM »

The LED staying orange is part of Krayzies Softmod, it's orange to let you know it's in a modded state. I think you can change it in Krayzies Extras.

To fix the Halo levels loading you might try clearing your X, Y, and Z folder (cache folders). It might take a bit longer to load at first due to building the cache back up, but you might give that a shot.

hutch_1

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2007, 08:48:00 PM »

I used this to softmod my xbox Ndure Softmod Through Xboxhdm I've dl cash v1.1 and read through the manual several times but
I'm still unsure how to proceed with the upgrade. I got this xbox from my son a week ago so
I'm still new at this, can anybody point me in the right direction?
Thanks, Hutch
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7