xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Cash V1.1 Released  (Read 388 times)

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2006, 09:22:00 AM »

Mac Nasty: sorry haven't had time to get back to your post, I will get back to it sooner or later though, sorry been really busy lately.

Buckhorn2: Yes if you disabled the Shadow C then you can overwrite the files on C. CASH will only work if the box doesn't reboot after disabling Shadow C (I would guess it re-enables it when it's booted again, but could be wrong). I have never used Ndure PC installers, but Krazyies is based from the same stuff, so that should work fine. In any case make sure you have a backup of the eeprom and if anything goes wrong you can fix it easily with it. But you will definatly need Shadow C disabled before you attempt to format it or you will end up booting to the recovery dash.

jessevanneste

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2006, 11:33:00 AM »

Question:

I have splinter cell..and I want to get Krayzie's on my box as wll as XBMC...although i donno if i should use UnleashX as my dash or XBMC...

Can i use Cash to copy the gamesaves instead of using AR?

Can anyone reccomend to me weather to use XBMC or UnleashX as my main dash?
Also, can anyone tell me how to put XBMC on my box weather as an app or as a dash?

Any help is appreciated...

Also, can someone email me the manual?
That site isn't working for me...

Thanks,

-Jesse

This post has been edited by jessevanneste: Nov 27 2006, 07:41 PM

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2006, 12:22:00 PM »

You can use either one, but can only select to use UnleashX or EvoX during Krayzies intial installation. You can put CASH in after the softmod is complete (booting to UnleashX or EvoX) and change your dash to XBMC and have UnleashX, EvoX, and Avalaunch added as apps. Personally I prefer Avalaunch which is very similar to UnleashX, I hate XBMC as a dash, personally I don't even consider it a dash, just an app (and a good one at that), but it's functionality as a dash just plain sux.

CASH v1.1 does have Krayzies Ndure v1.1.1 saves included in the package to use if your not already softmodded. But don't confuse CASH with a softmod, my app is merely an autoinstaller like disc which can only be used in a modded state, so you must install the softmod before you can even boot to CASH. CASH is just to help make things easier for changing/adding dashs/programs and upgrading softmods to Ndure.

You can use CASH to change your dash at any time (as long as your modded with Krazyies Ndure v1.1.1 or upgrade to it first). Just pop it in and select "I'm softmodded w/Ndure v1.1.1" and then use the "Change/install apps/dashs" options to put whatever dash you want on it. It can also be changed at any time in the future that you want (remember if you do a full install that boots UnleashX if you want to just change the dash you still need to use a full install with the next dash you select or the links in the dashs will not be correct. So it doesn't really matter which dash you pick, you can change it any time and I encourage you to do so, then you figure out what you like. I've had all the dashs as my boot at one point or another. Although most love XBMC on startup, that was probably my least favorite configuration.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I can't email you the manual ATM, but the page loads fine for me. Be sure you select "Click Here to Download" in the window that pops up. It is also included in the package.

This post has been edited by cerealkillajme: Nov 27 2006, 08:30 PM

bunder

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2006, 08:26:00 AM »

just upgraded my old softmod, i think my xbox boots faster now  smile.gif

file placement question... can i delete everything out of e:\apps\?  i use xbmc as a dash, and its in e:\dashboard\... just wanted to make sure i'm not nuking any mod files (there's a evox and unleashx folder in there).   laugh.gif  

cheers

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2006, 08:36:00 AM »

Yeah, you can delete anything in E:\Apps that you want. Just don't mess with the E:\dashboard folder or files, that folder stores the dash your booting too.  wink.gif

walterg74

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2006, 09:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ Nov 29 2006, 12:43 PM) *

Yeah, you can delete anything in E:\Apps that you want. Just don't mess with the E:\dashboard folder or files, that folder stores the dash your booting too.  wink.gif

Hey cerealkillajme !  I finally got a hold of cash  biggrin.gif   Waiting for my memory card to arrive this weekend to try all this stuff out  smile.gif

Do you know if I should have no problem to get the mod on the box in the first place with the original 8MB memory card ?? Because I see the files as being big...  blink.gif  (meaning the krazyes ones, not talking about the iso itself!)

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2006, 10:21:00 AM »

Yeah if you have an official M$ mem card you should have no problem putting the v1.1.1 saves on it. I have both an official M$ mem card and an Action Replay card, all of the v1.1.1 saves work fine on both of my cards. You only need to transfer the Udata.zip file over to the card, the folders are bigger due to having the extras and stuff in them.

In any case if you can't get the v1.1.1 saves to work you can get the v1.1 saves from the "usual place" and then install them and use CASH to upgrade to v1.1.1 or use Krayzies update kit to upgrade to v1.1.1.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

This post has been edited by cerealkillajme: Nov 29 2006, 06:21 PM

bunder

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2006, 10:18:00 AM »

got another question.  tongue.gif

i installed krayzie's extras but i can't find out where i enable eject-retail multiboot.  i saw the program in e:\apps\extras but when i run it i don't see a multiboot option.

thanks again in advance  smile.gif

ModestModder

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2006, 10:30:00 AM »

Once you boot the Extras you need to "Launch Extras". It will require a password to be entered. You will need to find it in the readme for the extras (I'm not supposed to tell the password, lol). Once you "Launch Extras" you will see the multiboot options.  wink.gif

bunder

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2006, 11:19:00 AM »

oh... now i get it... i was wondering what was up with the password entry  laugh.gif

hooshang

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2006, 08:38:00 PM »

hmmm sounds quite a utility you made there, cerealkiller.  I understand that it's merely somewhat a transition tool to add more software or simply change the "old" softmod to ndure 1.1.  (Yes I know it req. a box in softmodded condition.)

My question is:  Do each softmod have different game compatibilities because the dde/freezes I'm getting are really a big turnoff.  

What I've done and what I have:
Using Krayzies UXE for Splinter Cell + philips dvd + stock hd
Cleared cache x,y,z and cache folder.
no in game reset
clock is set correctly with msoft dash and current dash
pot tweaked (incr./decr.) well it just made things worse so I just returned it to normal
using taiyo yuden disks + NEC burner

your thoughts are appreciated.

krayzie

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2006, 11:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(hooshang @ Dec 3 2006, 04:38 AM) View Post

My question is:  Do each softmod have different game compatibilities because the dde/freezes I'm getting are really a big turnoff.  

Some softmods may differ in compatibilities but I doubt there is much of a difference between the UXE package or the Ndure package. Maybe your drive is just dying on you.

flybynite

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2006, 10:32:00 AM »

I've softmodded my xbox a year or so ago v1.6.  All works fine, but I can't access the MS Dash.  I need to access the ms dash to change my video setting to 720p.  My new HDTV is spiting out 480i, and I have a feeling I need to get into MS Dash to change the video settings.  

I changed video settings in the softmod's settings but I still get 480i, I am using a microsoft HDTV pack.

Can cash v1.1 help me load M$ dash.

Thanks.

tonemgub

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2006, 02:22:00 PM »

Hi there,

very nice work here, thank you!
still i got a problem: installing the softmod always ends when i'm forced to reboot my xbox, take my disc out and disable my hardware-modchip.
after rebooting it always ends up with the ERROR 05 failure.
my 80gig hdd IS working with my hardware-modchip!
any idea?

thanks

skyzerr33

• Archived User
Cash V1.1 Released
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2006, 03:09:00 PM »

Thats a simple fix lock your hardrive
Softmods can only function  if the hdd is locked

This post has been edited by skyzerr33: Dec 17 2006, 11:09 PM
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7