xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Strange Save Game Problem  (Read 30 times)

rjgallac

• Archived User
Strange Save Game Problem
« on: September 04, 2006, 02:24:00 AM »

I have softmodded one xbox before using Krayzie Ndure, a usb thumb drive and AR software.  Worked fine and I have one softmodded xbox with XBMC and everything.  Great.

However I convinced my friend to get an xbox and this is were the trouble starts.  I can't softmod his.

The problem seems to be that the thumb drive is not retaining information anymore. i.e. the save games are getting wiped everythime I unplug it and plug it back in.  This happens in my softmodded xbox and the stock xbox.

stragnely there are 7997 blocks available with 7996 free.  and there a blank save game slot that persists on the flash drive. this is the same flash drive I used before so I know it works. could the new xbox have locked it/installed a virus?

any body got any ideas? any help much appreciated as my friend now has a £55 black brick and its all my fault.

cheers
rob

spongy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 10:57:00 AM »

What version is his xbox?
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that thumb drives don't work on v1.6 boxes.
But I could be wrong.

rjgallac

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 02:12:00 AM »

yes I read the same. His version is 1.5.  The thing is the card won't work on my xbox now.  It seems to have installed something at the root of the thumb drive. The xbox will never ask me to format the drive again.  Even if I format it in windows I can take it to the xbox and use it straight away. It seems as though this one block of blank data is being recoginised as an xbox save and I can't get rid of it.

Think I go out and try and an xbox cartidge as like you suggest it may be a version thing and I can only use original memory cartidges.

thanks
rob

And it was all going so well....

rjgallac

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 02:00:00 AM »

HHHhhmmmm, bought xbox memory card and that worked a treat. Transferred save games to memory card and softmodded friends PC.  He's now a very happy owner of a softmodded xbox.  Still strange that it wrecked my thumb drive?  He had a 1.5 xbox by the way.  

Thanks for your help folks, this forum has been fantastic in helping me.  Right, wheres that 120gig hard drive.