xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Black Screen  (Read 57 times)

kingroach

• Archived User
Black Screen
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2006, 08:08:00 AM »

yah the numbers are right.. Now if you install using xboxhdm installer, use option "2" ( replace C drive)

xman954

• Archived User
Black Screen
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2006, 08:56:00 AM »

Now if you install using xboxhdm
you can use FTP after running the NDTS

xman954

• Archived User
Black Screen
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2006, 09:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(WispyCougar @ Jul 14 2006, 08:37 AM) View Post

Ok I got it to load to the dashboard now (with an IGR). I ran E:\ndts\default.xbe but I can't see the shadowc.img file in C:\shadowc folder after going to File Explorer.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
it will look like what your going to put on it but with the shadowc and other files where they need to be
(if you see C:\shadowc folder on your xbox then your there, may not need to run NDTS)

the test is when you reboot.... jester.gif

what I do to get the new C drive on the xbox?
this is a little scary, FTP ????

xman954

• Archived User
Black Screen
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2006, 10:50:00 AM »

so NDTS is almost like a dashboard running through the E drive and you use that to get ftp access instead of the normal dashboard because you are going to delete that correct?
not realy, just wanted to make sure you were working with the REAL C and not the shadowC but not having a shadowC.img you must be on the real C

get rid of them
yes, then FTP the new files without rebooting or a power outage LOL

WispyCougar

• Archived User
Black Screen
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2006, 05:38:00 AM »

Just a quick note, when I went to file explorer on my xbox, it said the C drive was 496MB, shouldn't that mean I have all the files already?

kingroach

• Archived User
Black Screen
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2006, 06:02:00 AM »

yes, you have all msdash files+modded files+shadowc. When you upload to xbox, just make sure that earnie.xtf file is uploaded before xbox.xtf. If you batch upload ( just drah all the files using ftp) then it should ftp client should auto upload earnie.xtf before xbox.xtf.

kingroach

• Archived User
Black Screen
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2006, 06:34:00 AM »

thats good too, just make sure in xodash folder you upload earnie.xtf file before xbox.xtf ( very important )..

WispyCougar

• Archived User
Black Screen
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2006, 10:35:00 AM »

Ok, I got all the new files uploaded and old ones are gone. Only thing is that it said x2onlinedash.xbe and
xonlinedash.xbe failed to transfer, but all the rest were ok. UnleashX does work when i turn on the xbox but I think something is wrong the the MSdash because i get error 21 when I turn the xbox on with the eject button. Is it because of the 2 files above or something else?

Thanks

kingroach

• Archived User
Black Screen
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2006, 10:40:00 AM »

delete filler1.img in C:\shadowc folder an dtry copying those files again. and make sure you copied xb0xdash.xbe in C:\

kingroach

• Archived User
Black Screen
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2006, 12:19:00 PM »

if you load deafult.xbe inm ndts folder then it should disable shadowc ( just like you ftp'd earlier).. I dont know if thiswill fix error 21 ( most likely will if all other files were uploaded correctly)..

WispyCougar

• Archived User
Black Screen
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2006, 12:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(kingroach @ Jul 17 2006, 02:26 PM) View Post

if you load deafult.xbe inm ndts folder then it should disable shadowc ( just like you ftp'd earlier).. I dont know if thiswill fix error 21 ( most likely will if all other files were uploaded correctly)..

Ok i deleted filter1.img and x2onlinedash.xbe uploaded fine, but xonlinedash.xbe failed again. And do I need to upload filter1.img back on or can i leave it?

kingroach

• Archived User
Black Screen
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2006, 12:38:00 PM »

xonlinedash.xbe is needed more than x2onlinedash.xbe, delete x0nlinedash.xbe then upload xonlinedash.xbe and x2onlinedash.xbe. You can upload filler1.img if you can but not needed.

WispyCougar

• Archived User
Black Screen
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2006, 12:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(kingroach @ Jul 17 2006, 02:45 PM) View Post

xonlinedash.xbe is needed more than x2onlinedash.xbe, delete x0nlinedash.xbe then upload xonlinedash.xbe and x2onlinedash.xbe. You can upload filler1.img if you can but not needed.

Thanks I got them both on now after deleting x0nlinedash.xbe.
One other thing, for the error 21/MSdash problem, I turned on my xbox to UnleashX and pressed MS Dashboard, but it said "Error, unable to launch C:/xboxdash.xbe, fle does not exist." I ftped in and there was a file called C:/xboxdash.xbe, could there be a problem with the file?

EDIT: I just tried to turn it on with the eject button and it goes to xbox live dashboard biggrin.gif
Thanks smile.gif
Pages: 1 [2]