xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Krayzie 1.1.1 Update Kit  (Read 327 times)

RanCorX2

• Archived User
Krayzie 1.1.1 Update Kit
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2006, 11:22:00 AM »

alright, gotcha. thanks.

JustXploit

• Archived User
Krayzie 1.1.1 Update Kit
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2006, 08:18:00 AM »

Could one of the Forum members do that pleeeeeeeez???
[please update the whole package to 1.1.1 and release onto XBINS, if not XBINS[if ur not an admin] use rapidshare pleez!]
Becz I donot want to mess up with my dashboard and experience an error 16 or somethin!!!

This post has been edited by JustXploit: Apr 29 2006, 03:32 PM

krayzie

• Archived User
Krayzie 1.1.1 Update Kit
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2006, 08:49:00 AM »

you have nothing to worry about. just follow instructions. It's really easy

JustXploit

• Archived User
Krayzie 1.1.1 Update Kit
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2006, 03:23:00 PM »

Alright, I want 2 do it by myself, Does anyone want 2 post illustrative/comprehensible screen  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) shots especially pointing to required folders and files/????
Else simply make the readme/NFO more easy to understand and give DETAILED instructions.... done.
Based on my sig... everyone know abt my xbox... PLEEEEZ help(upload updated installer to XBINS)!!!!!

This post has been edited by JustXploit: May 1 2006, 10:28 PM

krayzie

• Archived User
Krayzie 1.1.1 Update Kit
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2006, 09:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(JustXploit @ May 1 2006, 10:54 PM) View Post

Alright, I want 2 do it by myself, Does anyone want 2 post illustrative/comprehensible screen  blink.gif shots especially pointing to required folders and files/????
Else simply make the readme/NFO more easy to understand and give DETAILED instructions.... done.
Based on my sig... everyone know abt my xbox... PLEEEEZ help(upload updated installer to XBINS)!!!!!

If you don't understand the instructions you don't really need the update anyway. It's about as simple as replacing three files. How hard can it be. If you want it to be easy do it from the xbox after installing 1.1

nedge2k

• Archived User
Krayzie 1.1.1 Update Kit
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2006, 02:41:00 AM »

Just to warn others...

I had a serious problem with this update. I wanted to switch off the softmod to check the MS dash was seeing my HD AV cable and saving the settings properly but it wouldnt let me as it said i hadn't installed v1.1 basic, which i had. So i tried the add ms dash files but it said I hadnt installed minimal version...

F*ck it i thought, wipe the lot off and start again..so i did. When i re-installed (basic), i got to the "reboot/remove game to mount virtual c" bit and then i got error 21. So i tried minimal...error 21.

To cut a long sotry short, i had to del everything related to the ndure installer from the E: drive and the game save, then re-install the original gamesave via ftp (as the ms dash was f00ked). Eventually i got evox to boot as my dash. I then copied my pc backup of the ms dash over to the e: drive and removed the softmod. Then i re-installed it and now its all working fine.

If you plan to use this update make sure you have a clean backup of your c: drive, eprom and the v1.1 game save on your pc!

mrdan

• Archived User
Krayzie 1.1.1 Update Kit
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2006, 08:26:00 PM »

What exactly do you mean by on/off switch?

krayzie

• Archived User
Krayzie 1.1.1 Update Kit
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2006, 08:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(nedge2k @ May 5 2006, 10:12 AM) View Post

Just to warn others...

I had a serious problem with this update. I wanted to switch off the softmod to check the MS dash was seeing my HD AV cable and saving the settings properly but it wouldnt let me as it said i hadn't installed v1.1 basic, which i had. So i tried the add ms dash files but it said I hadnt installed minimal version...

F*ck it i thought, wipe the lot off and start again..so i did. When i re-installed (basic), i got to the "reboot/remove game to mount virtual c" bit and then i got error 21. So i tried minimal...error 21.

To cut a long sotry short, i had to del everything related to the ndure installer from the E: drive and the game save, then re-install the original gamesave via ftp (as the ms dash was f00ked). Eventually i got evox to boot as my dash. I then copied my pc backup of the ms dash over to the e: drive and removed the softmod. Then i re-installed it and now its all working fine.

If you plan to use this update make sure you have a clean backup of your c: drive, eprom and the v1.1 game save on your pc!

The off switch failing has to do with you're xbox not being setup right. Maybe your xbox was modded before and your files got mixed up.
So to cut a long story short. If you're xbox was not properly modded out of a completely retail state and the off switch does not work do not attempt to fix it yourself or you will end up with errors like 21, 13 or worse 16

If something happens it's always wiser to completely restore the full xbox to completly retail and start over with a new save to ensure thngs do not get messed up.

@mrdan: The switch makes your xbox boot to a retail msdash so you can enter all live functions

Ndure protagonist

• Archived User
Krayzie 1.1.1 Update Kit
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2006, 09:37:00 AM »

krayzie; will there be a 1.1.1.1,

that warns users of 1.1 and 1.1.1 about their

potential risk of an XBL ban/suspension

(via "Live Aware", due to the modded/hacked MS dash

your 1.1 and 1.1.1[...] installs)?

krayzie

• Archived User
Krayzie 1.1.1 Update Kit
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2006, 09:56:00 AM »

Well there is a warning that the package was tested safe at time being. I cannot look in the future what will happen. I was also not the first to include a modified xbe with a patched back kernel in a package.
Also a potential risk for live bannings could exist on different stages. I also cannot guarantee people will never be banned using methods like dualbooting retail xbe's or coldbooting retail discs.
If it makes you sleep better I will ad an extra warning that for full safety they could use the off switch or uninstall the mod for maximum safety in a possible upcoming update.

Ndure protagonist

• Archived User
Krayzie 1.1.1 Update Kit
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2006, 11:57:00 AM »

None of that is relevant krayzie!

You clearly don't understand how the hacked MS 5960 xboxdash.xbe you install potentially interacts with XBL
maybe ask Angerwound (or devz3ro?) about that...

krayzie

• Archived User
Krayzie 1.1.1 Update Kit
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2006, 12:14:00 PM »

I surely can understand the edited xboxdash.xbe or xonlinedash.xbe interacts with live. My point is just even though that's the case it doesn't seem to have any effect on ms blacklisting those xboxes.
And fyi it was Angerwound who got me to use the hacked xbe's in the package after some debating how harmfull it could be since I had some doubts about it also.
But since you seem to exactly know how the xbe's interact and how MS performs it's checks please enlighten me with your superior knowledge so I can use it to improve my stuff.

DaddyJ

• Archived User
Krayzie 1.1.1 Update Kit
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2006, 07:57:00 PM »

Improving Live checks is just admitting serious flaws, more security is to be expected, specially with the recent finding in other m$ consoles.

Ndure protagonist

• Archived User
Krayzie 1.1.1 Update Kit
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2006, 10:22:00 AM »

krayzie, I was referring specifically to the xboxdash.xbe's "Live Aware" interaction with XBL (as indicated by my first post above) and ONLY YOUR 1.1[...] INSTALLER hacks that. Consequently, other Ndure installers (including your 1.0) don't have this potential risk.

I suspect this aspect of XBL usage wasn't discussed/debated, as you stated you were unfamiliar with it when related questions arose in your installer's thread.  It pertains to an XBL connection that occurs via the Eject boot, under certain circumstances.

Swithing the softmod off and/or reverting to retail would of course workaround it, but that's not a solution. The fix is to use the real MS xboxdash.xbe for the open tray boot (instead of the krayzie 1.1[...] hacked version), as per the other Ndure installers!

This post has been edited by Ndure protagonist: Jun 1 2006, 05:33 PM

krayzie

• Archived User
Krayzie 1.1.1 Update Kit
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2006, 11:00:00 AM »

Ok thanks for helping me understand. So you aim specifically at xboxdash.xbe? As you have noticed I don't have any clue about it's live functions (probably showing friends lists and pm's) or any live functions in general. I don't understand how a hacked xboxdash.xbe differs from a hacked xonlinedash.xbe as both of them interact with live. The kernel is still patched back to original and no-one seems to have been banned yet.
So you say you suspect more xbl checks in the near future for xbox1?
If it's a real potential risk I will offcourse disable it in an upcoming version. I'm always open for feedback/suggestions.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7