xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Swapping Hdds From Regular Xbox Hd To 120gb Hd Help!  (Read 106 times)

M3ssy

• Archived User
Swapping Hdds From Regular Xbox Hd To 120gb Hd Help!
« on: February 06, 2006, 09:29:00 AM »

reading tutorials on how to swap out, but i just ran into a dilemma, i noticed it talking about not having a modchip or ur modchip is disabled, would it still be as simple as that tutorial. or would i have to use the other tutorial with that hex program? help as soon as possible would be great. thanks guys.

EDIT oh yeh i have evolutionX in my xbox

Maertz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 01:15:00 PM »

if your putting a bigger hd into a softmodded xbox you use xboxhdm and if its just you can usually just put it in. if that what your trying to do. you shouldnt need to use any hex editing.

M3ssy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 03:03:00 PM »

i dont get it, so all i do is, use xboxhdm and im on my way? what about locking and unlocking the hard drives and such?  what about partitions, im sorry for all the questions, its just that the tutorials are confusing, is there a tutorial out just for us softmodders on windows?

chorizo1

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 03:41:00 PM »

M3ssy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 07:07:00 PM »

just used that bro, and its not running right, for some reason its not giving me the new pw, its keeping it the same, should i restart orrr?

M3ssy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 07:19:00 PM »

my only real trouble is locking and unlocking, i was able to formatt, but now i cant lock or unlock, and its not givin me any other pw's any help???