xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cant Get Past Xbox Live Update  (Read 86 times)

gerld

• Archived User
Cant Get Past Xbox Live Update
« on: February 05, 2006, 03:24:00 PM »

hey dudes.  i'm modding my 2nd xbox using the xboxhdm/hotswapping method.  all went successful, but whenever i turn on my xbox (trying to run the AID autoinstaller) i cant get past the screen where xbox live tries to update my system.  it ends on the part where it says xbox live is not responding. please try again later.

how the heck do i disable xbox live?  this is really infuriating !! :/

Raster5

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 04:11:00 PM »

Try unpluging the xbox for about 10-20 minutes to reset everything to its defaults, or try reinstalling AID without the xbox dashboard (xboxhdm Clean Build). Yes doing a Clean Build will clear everything, so I suggest backing up your hard drive.

gerld

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 06:15:00 PM »

i can't even install AID because i can't get past the screen.. so the only thing i've installed is the original xboxhdm/uxe. will unplugging still reset it??

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 10:46:00 PM »

no never unplug it. that is the dumbest thing you could do in such a situation. see if you can coldboot a retail game and load your exploited save (if you were smart enought to put that on) otherwise use xboxhdm again to retore to stock and use a non crappy softmod the next time

Raster5

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 07:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(krayzie @ Feb 6 2006, 12:53 AM) *

no never unplug it. that is the dumbest thing you could do in such a situation. see if you can coldboot a retail game and load your exploited save (if you were smart enought to put that on) otherwise use xboxhdm again to retore to stock and use a non crappy softmod the next time

Just for my own sake... Why would it be a dumb thing to unplug the xbox for about 10 minutes? I know as it is updating you shouldnt do it... but why also when it is already off?

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 09:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(Raster5 @ Feb 7 2006, 03:08 AM) *

Just for my own sake... Why would it be a dumb thing to unplug the xbox for about 10 minutes? I know as it is updating you shouldnt do it... but why also when it is already off?

Because when you unplug it too long the xbox looses time and therefore the ability to coldboot retail games which is an important safety backdoor in many cases. And unplugging for ten minutes certainly doesn't reset anything.

miltont

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 01:43:00 PM »

did you resolved the problem?

QUOTE(Raster5 @ Feb 6 2006, 10:08 PM) *