xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ndure 3.0 Install Through Xboxhdm (hotswap)  (Read 144 times)

.:Dino:.

• Archived User
Ndure 3.0 Install Through Xboxhdm (hotswap)
« on: February 06, 2006, 01:47:00 AM »

Hi, im looking to softmod using the hotswap method, to install kingroach' ndure 3.0. I have got xboxhdm and i just want to clear a few things up. If i use the ndure installer file to give the c and e drives, can i then just replace the c and e folders in the xboxhdm\linux folder and it will rebuild the hdd using these files? so i assume if i put the files in the c and e folders and then make the iso, boot the cd, hotswap, go into vga mode, type softmod, and follow the instructions to rebuild the hdd using the cd, then i will reboot to a fresh softmodded xbox?

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 08:17:00 AM »

Just get Kingroach's NDURE 3.0 from the usual places in /XBOX/exploits/_Packages/Kingroachs Installer.  One of the options in the installer is to create a XboxHDM installer.  It will create a ndure folder.  You can put this ndure folder right in the XboxHDM/Linux directory (along with the C and E folders).  Read the readme.pdf included in the download.  It will explain what to do after that.  Basically just use xbrowser in XboxHDM to highlight Ndure and then hit enter.  Look for my full tutorial which should be completed today or tomorrow.

.:Dino:.

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 09:04:00 AM »

Hi, thanks for the reply textbook. Earlier today i got it figured and did exactly what you said. Then i hotswapped and typed xbrowser, i then navigated cd/ndure and ran the ndure script. I selected option 2 (format and rebuild ndure) and it began, it did all three steps then turned off everything, hooked up the xbox again and it seems nothing has changed. was i supposed to remove the dvd drive ide as this is master?, none the less both my xbox and pc have full functionality, ill wait for your guide to come out, i was tempted just to use your uxe guide, but when i read your posts about ndure and an upcoming guide, i got interested with it and found myself today with a big mess of cables and tv's. oh well, ill give it another shot when your guide comes out. Thanks mate

bastyan1990

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 09:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(.:Dino:. @ Feb 6 2006, 07:04 PM) *

Hi, thanks for the reply textbook. Earlier today i got it figured and did exactly what you said. Then i hotswapped and typed xbrowser, i then navigated cd/ndure and ran the ndure script. I selected option 2 (format and rebuild ndure) and it began, it did all three steps then turned off everything, hooked up the xbox again and it seems nothing has changed. was i supposed to remove the dvd drive ide as this is master?, none the less both my xbox and pc have full functionality, ill wait for your guide to come out, i was tempted just to use your uxe guide, but when i read your posts about ndure and an upcoming guide, i got interested with it and found myself today with a big mess of cables and tv's. oh well, ill give it another shot when your guide comes out. Thanks mate

bastyan1990

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 10:15:00 PM »

.:Dino:. : first i'm not so good in english.second y serched more than a month for how to softmod my original xbox without tese games(splinter cell,mechassault,agend 007 under fire) i've got about 4Gb. with all methode to do than and finaly,last night y found this forum and y readed the tutorial for a couple times and y understand what to do. first u need xboxhdm.right? and after that u need Ndure3.0.wenn u have these is ok.first instal Ndure 3.0 with these checkbox checked-->>This is what the Textbook write on his tutorial-->X: Basic Files
X: Retail Files
X: Add ShadowC
+: Kernel Specific Fonts
X: XXXX (you need to write your kernel!!!IS IMPORTANT TO DO THAT)
X Default boot xonlinedash console (if you have XBOX LIVE)
+: UDDAE
X: Add UDDAE
0: Select Kernel Specific ST.DB
X: XXXX(You would choose the number of your kernel that you found using System Info at the beginning of this tutorial – I told you to write it down)
X Add NDURE Toolset
X Create XBOXHDM Installer
and after that the Ndure is making a folder called Ndure in your new folder or were u chose to install the Ndure
and than move the Ndure folder to linux folder which it is in Xboxhdm folder
Remove the "C" and "E" folder which is allready there in linux folder because u don't need them you have these folders in Ndure of course.
now u need to meke this iso with make-iso-win afterthat burn the image to disc and u are done with pc preparation (in windows)
now y understand you k'now how to work with hdd and the xboxhdm???
if u don't understand something what y write pm me and y try to help.
this is what y found and y realy want to help other people  that's is all what y k'now.
Happy Softmodding

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 08:19:00 PM »

The OP's post was 4 years old.  tongue.gif

bastyan1990

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 12:26:00 AM »

ops sorry... biggrin.gif  uhh.gif  unsure.gif