xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Fuckms V0.3  (Read 642 times)

Angerwound

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2005, 01:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(krayzie @ Oct 26 2005, 11:42 PM)
Actually the double dash idea was killed by the 5960 dash. Xboxdash.xbe checks xonlinedash s certificate just like vice versa....

Cio

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2005, 05:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(krayzie @ Oct 27 2005, 06:42 AM)
Actually the double dash idea was killed by the 5960 dash. Xboxdash.xbe checks xonlinedash s certificate just like vice versa....

devz3ro

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2005, 05:30:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

As halloween is coming up, and the path of this thread is taking some twists & turns, I believe those actively trying to get out of this "haunted mansion" of MS protections should take a look at the young one below. Some-what attempt to straighten the road (if you haven't already that is).

He turns 1 on October 31st this year smile.gif

Thanks to Padre Pedro, without his seed we wouldn't be able take a gander rotfl.gif

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=298619

devz3ro

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2005, 05:44:00 AM »

Problem:

Kernel Memory.

Solution:

Certainly not switching your dashboards around smile.gif (would love for you to prove me wrong, I want it to happen.)

Since we are "letting the cat out the bag", I thought I would add my two cents in. A more achievable method is privately known around the scene as "PBL - TSR". Think of how a evox trainer works but with MS keys being exchanged smile.gif

Oh yes, it is possible.

But of course, this is all for educational use only so that's all I say.

-devz3ro

krayzie

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2005, 09:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(globe_guyx @ Oct 27 2005, 12:16 PM)
Hope you guys have fun rearranging your dashboards until the end of time.  See there is a difference between reverse engineering and making progress you can be proud of, and what this forum has been reduced to. 

krayzie

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2005, 09:40:00 AM »

@ Angerwound: That sounds like a great Idea...Will try this setup later this day.

@ Cio: UDDAE should offcourse also work and it's indeed nice all data is editable. But what would really be the benefit in that setup? Only that we can edit xboxdash s data folder to stop updates.(still nice if we can't find other solutions) Anyway keep thinking and we will come with the ultimate setup making softmods even more ultimate and interesting then it allready is.

Edit: how about if we edit xboxdash.xbe to load an exploitable xbe (uberdash) in the xodash which then can be exploited via the audio hack to load the fuckmssed xonlinedash. This would eliminate the need of the easter egg and triggers it via the live tab. (or was this setup allready what you was thinking?)

PedrosPad

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2005, 09:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(krayzie @ Oct 27 2005, 05:51 PM)
Edit: how about if we edit xboxdash.xbe to load an exploitable xbe (uberdash) in the xodash which then can be exploited via the audio hack to load the fuckmssed xonlinedash. This would eliminate the need of the easter egg and triggers it via the live tab. (or was this setup allready what you was thinking?)

Angerwound

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2005, 10:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(PedrosPad @ Oct 27 2005, 11:07 AM)
Ok.  You've done it.  My brain's exploded. smile.gif

kingroach

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2005, 10:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(krayzie @ Oct 27 2005, 05:51 PM)
@ Angerwound: That sounds like a great Idea...Will try this setup later this day.

krayzie

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2005, 10:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(Angerwound @ Oct 27 2005, 06:22 PM)
Haha, this is just as helpful as yours! But yes, the seperate ways we could incorporate Fuckms into the softmod world are numerous. Maybe we need to break down are goals first of all, and how much finger-dancing people are wanting to do. IMO, if the only point of a retail tray open is for live compatibility, then I say go with the FUCKMS'ed xonlinedash.xbe on tray open which will directly jump to your live console. From here we can simply exit the live console to jump us back to the retail dash for memory card management etc.. Why include the EEE type triggering if it's truly not needed?!?  biggrin.gif

devz3ro

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2005, 10:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(Angerwound @ Oct 27 2005, 06:22 PM)
Haha, this is just as helpful as yours! But yes, the seperate ways we could incorporate Fuckms into the softmod world are numerous. Maybe we need to break down are goals first of all, and how much finger-dancing people are wanting to do. IMO, if the only point of a retail tray open is for live compatibility, then I say go with the FUCKMS'ed xonlinedash.xbe on tray open which will directly jump to your live console. From here we can simply exit the live console to jump us back to the retail dash for memory card management etc.. Why include the EEE type triggering if it's truly not needed?!?  biggrin.gif

kingroach

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2005, 02:06:00 PM »

I already tried with the logger.. it shows which files and wav and xips are loaded by xboxdash/xonlinedash.xbe but I still cannt figure out what is exactly causing 5960 xboxdash.xbe to error out when there is 4920 xboxdash.xbe as xonlinedash.xbe in C:\xodash\. I know it checks for certificate, so I changed 5960 xboxdash.xbe's certificate from 185ead00 to 17cdc100 but still no go..If we could do that then no EEE would be needed..

krayzie

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2005, 02:23:00 PM »

doesn't it just checksum it? Still why do you want to go to the double dash way when it's not really needed?

kingroach

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2005, 02:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(krayzie @ Oct 27 2005, 10:34 PM)
doesn't it just checksum it? Still why do you want to go to the double dash way when it's not really needed?

krayzie

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2005, 02:40:00 PM »

yeah a toggle would be easier to setup. I'm sure the double dash thing can be made to work also if you think that would be nicer. We just have to find out which xonlinedash instance it calls to verify and point that to the actual 5960 (renamed) xonlinedash.xbe. Just ran it through the hex and noticed there were 5 instances from which 1 on cdrom. so it would take 4 tries max to discover which instance to edit. (in theory offcourse).

edit: we can offcourse also look for the live tab trigger instance and edit that so possible other 5960 xonlinedash calls remain untouched with the real xonlinedash it it's place.

edit edit: there is also an xonlinedash instance in a xodash.du folder so there remain only 3 possibilities of getting the right one....
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9