xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Fuckms V0.3  (Read 647 times)

Angerwound

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2005, 06:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(RiceCake @ Oct 22 2005, 06:51 PM)
So the cat is out of the bag, or some other antique phrase...

cmiz

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2005, 06:36:00 PM »

having cheaters all over live sucks...most people pay money to play in an arena where your skill as a gamer shines...not your skills as a hacker (or usually it ends up being your skills at downloading somebody else's hacks and using them).

i'm glad it didn't get released till it got fixed by ms...but the real issue here is that it has a lot of potential for doing somewhat more moral things in the modding scene. if ms only hashes the xbe being run (ie the game xbe), could you launch a fuckms'ed msdash which would launch a retail game? from there, it seems that you'd pass the kernal check AND the xbe check and would be able to run a *retail* game on live without needing to coldboot. you could have ndure load up a habibi signed evox where you could launch the msdash and get patched back to retail, or launch nkpatcher from there and load up your dashboard. if they don't has the xbe that it gets launched from, could you load an msdash.xbe that is hexed to look for the f0nts folder? with that, you'd be able to run UXE with this setup which means you don't have to worry about your setup getting eaten by a dashupdate. you wouldn't be able to play dual game discs on live however...

that might not be much of an improvement on the ndure tri boot thing people have going (i haven't really tried it out much as i don't use live and have a split TSOP now anyways) but it might be something to look into.

i second d0wnlab...do you do this sort of thing for a living? or is it just a hobby of yours...

kingroach

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2005, 07:00:00 PM »

muhaha.gif

edit:nevermind the xboxdash thing wont work..was thinking too much tongue.gif

Ndure protagonist

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2005, 12:59:00 PM »

{: Angerwound; although I don't condone XBL antics, I'm impressed by your undoubted skillz! :}

It would be great if something that's still possible and generally "worthwhile" results from this ... haven't identified anything like that myself though (yet).

dumdasme

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2005, 01:36:00 PM »

I saw someone briefly mention this once before (in a softmod v. modchip thread).  I don't really use xbox live, but i was curious on how you did it.  I never could find any more info about it and gave up. Thanks for finally making it public.  Hopefully this can lead to other developments in the softmod community.

krayzie

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2005, 02:07:00 PM »

People lets keep the topic to what Angerwound intended it for. Information on what once was possible and the future (non backups on live crap) posibilities with it . Let's drop the discussing on Angerwounds M$ trips and/or new adjustments on how to get backups on live. This forum supports in NO way people cheating on live. If the topic is strictly gonna be open for people that wanna get backups on live it will be closed and probably many people (including me) is gonna be pissed about it.

Ndure protagonist

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2005, 04:10:00 PM »

After giving it some thought, I imagine this would work...

Ndure 'fonts' setup (re. XBL game updates working etc. etc.)
+
dual-habibi bootstrap
|
|_ power button => homebrew (via nkpatcher11, for example)
|
|__ eject button => XBL retail discs (via fuckms'd 3rd party dash)

(I've no idea whether a Live server could/would detect and ban re. the latter part though!)

Angerwound

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2005, 05:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ndure protagonist @ Oct 23 2005, 05:21 PM)
After giving it some thought, I imagine this would work...

Angerwound

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2005, 05:57:00 PM »

RE: The retail kerneld xbmc... Be sure that you have xbmc set to not change your led, this modified the kernel and will result in a live ban. Other then that, just gave it another run on a fuckms'ed XBMC and all still works just fine.

xman954

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2005, 11:09:00 PM »

sad.gif
other then <<EggsBox>> and uber4920
to turn it on (may well be fixed in the update)
this is what we are try to do, right ?  biggrin.gif

kingroach

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2005, 06:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(xman954 @ Oct 24 2005, 07:20 AM)
when MS does a hash check...

Ndure protagonist

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2005, 08:31:00 AM »

xman954, although that's "the ultimate goal" it's not what the outlined approach was aiming for.  That was just my thoughts re. the "launching retail discs for XBL usage" discussion.

---

Angerwound (and krayzie), this would certainly be cool but sounds like it definitely has XBL ban risk/s via 3rd party dash features (such as the LED change).  Consequently, isn't packaging it a bad idea?

krayzie

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2005, 09:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ndure protagonist @ Oct 24 2005, 04:42 PM)
Angerwound (and krayzie), this would certainly be cool but sounds like it definitely has XBL ban risk/s via 3rd party dash features (such as the LED change).  Consequently, isn't packaging it a bad idea?

Ndure protagonist

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2005, 09:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(krayzie @ Oct 24 2005, 10:20 AM)
Yep. So I now vote for a slimmed down evox with only a play game and activate mod option....Maybe with a cool msdash looking skin.... biggrin.gif

krayzie

• Archived User
Fuckms V0.3
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2005, 09:56:00 AM »

yeah but wasn't coolness the main factor of an Ndure retail setup? Well I guess not since the friends online list seems to be displaying even without hitting the live tab making it at least a bit functional.
Maybe I'll put in an option to let the user decide..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9