xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: How To Softmod Through Xboxhdm  (Read 828 times)

DaddyJ

• Archived User
How To Softmod Through Xboxhdm
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2005, 11:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(RMM @ Sep 21 2005, 01:02 PM)
If you already have saved game levels, info etc.... does this erase that and if it does is there a way to save this info without a memory cardso it can be put back once the softmod is done

in xbrowser you can rename the current udata folder to be safe, but nothing should mess with that folder using this mode, uxe & ndure both work on all versions.

DaBiscuit

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2005, 06:04:00 AM »

It's always worth reminding people of how usefull XBoxHDM is. I find that the best thing about it is that it's my ultimate "rescue tool". If I manage to b0rk my hard drive quite thoroughly, I can always rescue it, as long as I have an XBoxHDM disk with my EEPROM  on it. With that at your fingertips, you're safe from everything but hardware failiure.

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2005, 07:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(DaBiscuit @ Sep 22 2005, 08:15 AM)
It's always worth reminding people of how usefull XBoxHDM is. I find that the best thing about it is that it's my ultimate "rescue tool". If I manage to b0rk my hard drive quite thoroughly, I can always rescue it, as long as I have an XBoxHDM disk with my EEPROM  on it. With that at your fingertips, you're safe from everything but hardware failiure.

PintofGuinness

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2005, 09:52:00 PM »

OK Im sorry to pot but I guess i need help I've treid this all night on a stock xbox. 1.06 I I'm able to swap the drives I asssume it's staying unlocked however if I choose option 1 the screen goes blank but comp stays on. So I ried option 2 which I assume does the same thing just text display. Well all starts well but I get the follwing error message

incomplete literal tree

--system halted

and here it hangs. any input would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2005, 07:03:00 AM »

Hmm, that's odd.  At what point are you swapping the cables?  I usually let the xbox site at the dash for a few seconds and then do the swap.  Also, try not to shake the drive at all.  Loosen the IDE cable before you turn anything on.  I don't know what "literal tree" means though.

Cio

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2005, 09:12:00 AM »

Perhaps xboxhdm safe mode would work here
check this out

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2005, 04:51:00 PM »

By the sound of your posts, it sounds like the hard drive is locked while you're trying to access it with XboHDM.  You have to let your xbox unlock it by loading up the MS Dashboard and letting it sit for a few seconds, at that time, you swap the IDE cables.  If, at any time, power to the hard drive is lost, then the drive locks again.  You can't just stick the hard drive in your computer, because it will be locked.  You will always have to hotswap unless if it's a brand new hard drive or one that you have unlocked and disabled.

eddie_g87

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2005, 04:58:00 AM »

well im really doubt here...
i press 1 then enter right...then something comes out to wait 30 seconds or press space to continue, does that matter? well anyways i tried both and after that letters start coming out then it stays there like for 25 seconds then it says Time  ran out or like being halted...and after that when i try to type softmod it says /dev/hda is the devide to be used to create an x box etc...as in not finding the x box hard drive  dry.gif  another question. do i have to put xboxhd or softmod in that step?

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2005, 09:01:00 AM »

I really don't understand why anybody is having problems with this.  Did you guys read those first two threads that I linked to?  They will give you all the knowledge that you will need on problems that you may run into.  But, if you're doing everything correctly, you shouldn't have any problems at all.

fcrowder

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2005, 09:48:00 PM »

I was woundering if anyone else might have had problems with there computer loading the cd.  My computer wont load it.. I'm gonna keep trying but it seems hope less.  I've been trying to modd my xbox for 7 days now<it's a long story>

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2005, 11:01:00 PM »

Check your computer's BIOS.  To do this, completely turn off your computer and then turn it back on.  Right after you turn it back on, hit the "Delete" button a million times until a normally blue or black screen shows up.  At least with most computers, it's the delete button, but it may be different.  When you have access to the BIOS setup menu, look around until you find something that says "Boot" or "Boot Sequence" or "Boot Priority."  Make sure the CD Drive is the first thing checked for when booting (make sure it has top priority)  The CD will boot even if you don't have a hard drive connected.

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2005, 05:52:00 AM »

...Which means your hard drive is probably locked and you're not hotswapping correctly.  Also, as a note, the xbox hard drive must be hotswapped and connected to the PRIMARY MASTER IDE controller.  I don't think it will work anywhere else.

DaBiscuit

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2005, 05:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(phil's.in.trouble @ Oct 2 2005, 12:20 AM)
PLEASE HELP!!!

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2005, 09:19:00 AM »

As far as I know, there is no way to detect an EEPROM from a DVD drive alone.  You would still need to be able to boot (meaning you have a locked retail/softmodded hard drive or you have a modchip.  -- Which means you wouldn't even need the EEPROM, because it's already working.  Just get a modchip and solder it in there.  DuoX2's are like 15 bucks.

jezzah

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2005, 03:06:00 PM »

Heyhey, i'm kinda havin a problem here as well.  I'm following textbook's guide (http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=443489).  I have a 1.6 xbox. I followed the guide exactly, but am stuck at one part.  Where you get to choose 1 for vga console,  i press one, it says loading kernel..... Okay. Then the computer restarts.  I'm not entirely sure why this would be happening.  One thing is, when changing the menu time in isolinux.cfg from 300 to 600,  the formatting looks different from the screeny when i open in notepad.  The squares that act as spaces arent there.. Could this cause it to restart?  Im stumped, any help will result in kisses and hugs. Thanks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17