xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72

Author Topic: Krayzie Ndure Installer (Gamesave Style)  (Read 5761 times)

dupfold

• Archived User
Krayzie Ndure Installer (Gamesave Style)
« Reply #1050 on: April 10, 2010, 07:06:00 AM »

Likes the sound of that! Now to get my hands on action reply and compatible game.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1051 on: April 10, 2010, 07:24:00 AM »

Depending on what you have available Action Replay may not be the best option. Xplorer360 beta 6 will happily read and write FATX formatted memory devices without having to mess around with USB drivers (which is what you have to do with AR). All you need is an Xbox compatible USB stick and an Xbox to USB converter cable, OR an Xbox MU and an Xbox controller modified to have a USB connector instead of the Xbox connector. Use your Xbox to format the MU/USB stick, and use Xplorer360 on your PC to copy the Krayzie 1.1.1 gamesaves onto the stick.

You don't say where you are in the world, but in the UK you can always find copies of Splinter Cell in Cash Converters and other similar shops for around £2.00, and the advantage of Splinter Cell is that all copies of the original game are exploitable.

This post has been edited by Heimdall: Apr 10 2010, 02:25 PM

dupfold

• Archived User
« Reply #1052 on: April 10, 2010, 07:39:00 AM »

Thats great as I do have a USB cable already for my xbox! Don't think I've tried to format a USB via the Xbox before though, how would I do this? I have XBMC installed my other Xbox so perhaps in there?

You meation Krayzie 1.1.1, but I'm only found instal guides for 1.1. Do I need to instal 1.1 first and then 1.1.1 or can I simply simple 1.1.1 straight away?

I'm from UK. Actually had splinter cell up until a few months back, but sold it! Not to worry, will get another off ebay. I take it I need the first splinter cell game (pandora etc will not work)?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1053 on: April 10, 2010, 07:50:00 AM »

If you have another Xbox life suddenly gets much easier. To format the memory stick you just plug it in to your unmodded Xbox, and if it recognises it the Xbox will format it. FTP the Krayzie gamesaves to your modded Xbox, then copy them to the memory stick (USB or MU, makes no difference) - no need for AR or Xplorer360.

The differences between 1.1 and 1.1.1 are minor. You just take the 1.1 mods and replace a couple of config files with the replacements from the 1.1.1 update kit before you copy them to your Xbox. Alternatively you can apply the update after doing the mod. The update kit has full instructions.

Yes, you need the original Splinter Cell - Pandora etc. do not work.

This post has been edited by Heimdall: Apr 10 2010, 02:51 PM

dupfold

• Archived User
« Reply #1054 on: April 15, 2010, 08:46:00 AM »

Hi again Heimdall.

I've got hold of splinter cell now, but need a guide if possible? The only guides I can find relate to installing using AR etc. Is there a guide available for the way you suggested please as I'm not sure if what I'm doing is correct?

I unzipped udata.zip for game save 1 & 2, which leaves me with folders '5553000c' & '21585554'. Folder 5553000c copies ok to USB and I can transfer this to the unmodded xbox fine, but when I try to copy folder 21585554 to USB, it fails to copy?

This post has been edited by dupfold: Apr 15 2010, 03:49 PM

GISJason

• Archived User
« Reply #1055 on: April 15, 2010, 11:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(dupfold @ Apr 15 2010, 09:46 AM) View Post

Hi again Heimdall.

I've got hold of splinter cell now, but need a guide if possible? The only guides I can find relate to installing using AR etc. Is there a guide available for the way you suggested please as I'm not sure if what I'm doing is correct?

I unzipped udata.zip for game save 1 & 2, which leaves me with folders '5553000c' & '21585554'. Folder 5553000c copies ok to USB and I can transfer this to the unmodded xbox fine, but when I try to copy folder 21585554 to USB, it fails to copy?

It's prob too big to go all onto the USB\Mem card,

I find it easier to just plop on a SC Save that has EvoX & FTP Support setup already built into it and then once I get that gamesave onto the USB\MC which should fit without any issues, copy it over to the xbox via the MS Dash on the unmodded Xbox and then i launch the game and get into EvoX and then fire up FTP and delete the contents of UDATA on E:\ then toss onto the 2 Ndure SC  Installtion \ Setup save is too big to get totally onto 1 MC unless you had one that held more than your normal MC does.

dupfold

• Archived User
« Reply #1056 on: April 15, 2010, 11:56:00 AM »

Thanks but whooosh, over my head. 'SC Save that has EvoX & FTP Support setup already built', sounds cool but no idea where to get this?

File not to big for my USB (1gb). Both games saves only come to 12mb so not sure what its not copying.

Really need an easy to follow guide please if there is one.

This post has been edited by dupfold: Apr 15 2010, 07:12 PM

dupfold

• Archived User
« Reply #1057 on: April 21, 2010, 11:48:00 AM »

Tried with proper memory unit instead of usb and files copied across successfully.

Soft mod complete now thank you, but how do I install a large hard drive after using this soft mod? I tried with my past method used with hot swap which consists of running NDTS which allows full access to C: & E:, FTP'ed, created disc etc and put in xbox. Xbox boots but with unexpected reasons. It boots to dash 'Xbox live setup' screen and cannot navagate away from this.

How do I install a larger harddrive now please?

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #1058 on: April 22, 2010, 07:37:00 AM »

Check my sig. Did you try IGR at the xbox live screen? http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=18478

dupfold

• Archived User
« Reply #1059 on: April 22, 2010, 09:26:00 AM »

Thanks but nothing happens. Cannot navagate away from that screen.

I'm now trying to restore my hdd to retail and mod via my tried and tested way (hotswap) as it doesn't seem possible to use large hdd's with this mod. I've restored using slayers, however, xbox is still booting to evolution x, even though original ms files are present again on C: (and no sign of evolution x anywhere)?

Please help, how do I FULLY restore hdd to retail with MS dashboard?

Thanks

This post has been edited by dupfold: Apr 22 2010, 04:33 PM

erehwon6811

• Archived User
« Reply #1060 on: October 29, 2010, 07:39:00 PM »

It's been awhile since I modded my last xbox and was wondering if this is still one of the better softmod methods?  I got a xbox for $5 from a garage sale and I'm going to xbmc on it.  

Also, is xbins still the main place for getting homebrew software for the xbox?  I still have all my files from my first install, but I want to get updated files.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1061 on: October 29, 2010, 07:43:00 PM »

Yes, Krayzie NDURE 1.1.1 is still the best choice, and yes, you'll find it on xbins.

huan

• Archived User
« Reply #1062 on: April 27, 2011, 08:01:00 PM »

Krayzie,

I originally softmodded my v1.6 xbox with your 1.0 SC exploit.  Now, I'm trying to upgrade my hdd with xboxhdm.

After reading a lot on the web, I've come across two potential obstacles:  virtual c, and virtual eeprom.

My questions: How do I get to my real C files? When I ftp to the xbox are the files I see under C\ the retail xbox files?  Are the files under E\backups\Cdrive my retail xbox files?  How do I get to my real eeprom?  When I go to E\backups\eeprom\backup, is the eeprom my "real" one or a virtual one?

Just trying to figure this whole thing out...

Thanks!

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1063 on: April 27, 2011, 08:13:00 PM »

The files you see aren't the real C, they are the shadow C files. The files in E:\Backup\ are also copies of the original unmodded C.

You bypass shadow C by running Krayzie extras, then you can FTP the original C files once the LED turns red.

The eeprom file is the real one.

There are other ways to upgrade your softmod hard drive - see my signature for details.

This post has been edited by Heimdall: Apr 28 2011, 03:25 AM

huan

• Archived User
« Reply #1064 on: April 28, 2011, 04:35:00 PM »

Thanks, Heimdall!

I was afraid of that.  My original hdd is messed up, but I have my E\ files and eeprom backed up to pc.  Does anyone know which version of slayer's or aid (or other installer?) will give me the xbox 1.6 C\ files?
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72