xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 72

Author Topic: Krayzie Ndure Installer (Gamesave Style)  (Read 5779 times)

Silent88

• Archived User
Krayzie Ndure Installer (Gamesave Style)
« Reply #1020 on: February 27, 2008, 03:24:00 AM »

I haven't been in the seen long, but I have softmodded over 7 boxs in the past month that I have been in it, and this is my number 1 go to exploit. Worked like a charm on all my boxs. Excellent work! I do have a question, though. Would it be possible to have it install XBMC as the dash, instead of UnleashX or EvoX? I have a 1GB USB flash drive that I use for softmodding, so size wouldn't be a problem. Everyone I know wants XBMC, but it takes forever to FTP or Copy it from a CD/DVD. Would help me out a bunch.

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #1021 on: February 27, 2008, 11:03:00 PM »

It's very well possible but it would involve some minor scripting. Just put a rarred xbmc in the package and let the instaler extract it instead of the usual dash.
Another quick way to ftp it afterwards is to first make a iso out of xbmc and let qwix ftp it over (optionally using avalaunch. It can handle large numbers of small files much quicker then standard ftp or dvd copy.

lawdawg0931

• Archived User
« Reply #1022 on: February 28, 2008, 02:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(krayzie @ Feb 28 2008, 12:39 AM) View Post

Just put a rarred xbmc in the package and let the instaler extract it instead of the usual dash.

I too love this method for softmodding, but prefer (as others) XBMC. Would putting a rarred XBMC in the package be the only thing necessary - or would "that" require the scripting. I know nothing about scripting. Thanks either way Krayzie

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #1023 on: February 28, 2008, 10:05:00 AM »

It involves some scripting if you want xbmc as a dash. If needed I will make a simple addon script for people wanting xbmc as a dash and have a large mem stick

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #1024 on: February 28, 2008, 12:21:00 PM »

I made a little adjustement for people that want to install xbmc directly. It hasn't been tested but it should be safe to use. There is only a splinter cell version for now. If tested okay I will make them for MA and 007 also.

Instructions: (ONLY FOR SPLINTER CELL)

-Get the newest version of xbmc.
-Make sure there is a default.xbe in the main folder of xbmc
-Make sure the main folder of xbmc is called XBMC
-Make a rar file of the main XBMC folder
-Put the xbmc.rar file in the ....\21585554\000000000000\ folder (wherever your save is)
-In the ....\21585554\000000000000\ folder rename config.xml to config.backup
-Put the config.xml file from below in the ....\21585554\000000000000\ folder
-Put the xbmcshadow.xml file from below in the ....\21585554\000000000000\ folder

There should now be an extra dash option in the basic softmod menu

xml files

lawdawg0931

• Archived User
« Reply #1025 on: February 29, 2008, 10:37:00 PM »

Really appreciate the work Krayzie...& was hoping someone would post results by now. I only have MA & 007 game disks (of course), but will go find Splinter Cell if no-one else posts results soon. Again, thanks for doing the scripting - it's appreciated.  biggrin.gif

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #1026 on: March 01, 2008, 12:34:00 AM »

If all goes well today I'll have some time to make 007 and ma versions as wel.

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #1027 on: March 01, 2008, 01:51:00 AM »

Here they are for all versions:

007/MA/SC

Instructions:

See 3 posts above only for MA use 4d530017\62D648EBF155 folder
and for 007 use: 4541000d\000000000000 folder.

lawdawg0931

• Archived User
« Reply #1028 on: March 07, 2008, 12:36:00 AM »

Krayzie... biggrin.gif Thanks for the 007 & Mech files now. OK I want to check this out - but am having issues with this latest Xbox. I have a 1.3 that I ended up chipping because it came with no HD (E-bay). With X2 it is up & running, ran Evox backup for the Eeprom.bin. I used that file for xboxhdm to make a stock HD....error 6 & 7. I cannot get the M$ dash working. I went back to the modchip & its working. Can I just FTP the new Mech files over to the Tdata / Udata & execute it from Boxplorer - & run the softmod that way? Forgive my ignorance if this is a stupid question... blink.gif

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #1029 on: March 08, 2008, 05:56:00 AM »

yes that is possible. The game is only needed to launch it on a retail system. If you allready have ftp acces and file managers running you don't need it.
Anyway it won't help you on your locking errors though. If you cannot get the xbox to boot in retail mode you also can't use the exploit

electriccheese

• Archived User
« Reply #1030 on: March 26, 2008, 01:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(electriccheese @ Mar 26 2008, 01:13 AM) View Post

I used the PAL SC version with the XBMC modification posted above and I have kind of a noobish question: if I wanted to update the xbmc being booted as the dashboard would I just update the one in E/Apps/XBMC/? I know I need to be in some alternative dashboard when FTPing the new version of XBMC across.

OK, I had a read throught the XML files and it's fairly obvious it's E:\dashboard\ when you bother to look, sorry.

I've hit a second snag though, I can't seem to be able to install the evolution-x dashdoard to E:\Apps\ I can FTP it across but it's not selectable as an applicaion in XBMC or Avalaunch. Is there a work around for this? It's no biggie as I have avalaunch available but if possible I'd prefer evox.

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #1031 on: March 26, 2008, 11:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(electriccheese @ Mar 26 2008, 09:10 PM) View Post

OK, I had a read throught the XML files and it's fairly obvious it's E:\dashboard\ when you bother to look, sorry.

I've hit a second snag though, I can't seem to be able to install the evolution-x dashdoard to E:\Apps\ I can FTP it across but it's not selectable as an applicaion in XBMC or Avalaunch. Is there a work around for this? It's no biggie as I have avalaunch available but if possible I'd prefer evox.

you can update by replacing the files in the dashboard folder. also when placing evox in apps folder rename evoxdash.xbe to default.xbe

_8ight

• Archived User
« Reply #1032 on: April 27, 2008, 11:04:00 PM »

First, thank you Krayzie for the sweet installer.

I've chipped five or six boxes in the past.  I'm comfortable with how the dash replacements work.  I've read that if I want to install XBMC (or any other dash) that I can copy the files to E\Dashboard\.  However, once I install with the NTSC SC expolit my E drive has "backups", "CACHE", "TDATA", and "UDATA"... those are the only directories on E.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a bunch.

_8ight

• Archived User
« Reply #1033 on: April 28, 2008, 06:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(_8ight @ Apr 28 2008, 06:40 AM) View Post

First, thank you Krayzie for the sweet installer.

I've chipped five or six boxes in the past.  I'm comfortable with how the dash replacements work.  I've read that if I want to install XBMC (or any other dash) that I can copy the files to E\Dashboard\.  However, once I install with the NTSC SC expolit my E drive has "backups", "CACHE", "TDATA", and "UDATA"... those are the only directories on E.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a bunch.

I got it figured out Krayzie.  When I FTP'd into the box there was not E\Dashboard\.  But I just went ahead and made the folder and copied my XBMC into it and that worked.

I'm couldn't be happier with this softmod deal.  Love it.

yahoogr

• Archived User
« Reply #1034 on: June 03, 2008, 08:52:00 AM »

Trying to softmod an xbox using the splinter cell game save exploit. All is well until I get to the Krazy Tools section. I dont have an option to Install the softmod or any other dashboards. The only options I have are...

-remove softmod
- specify fonts
- copy eepromm to mu
- settings
- reboot

When I originally tried this I have a dashboard version of 5659 which I understand is not the minimum version. I updated the dashboard on the xbox to 5960 however I still have the same problems. The unit still powers up and can play games no problem. Any ideas? I have tried removing the files from the xbox's hd and reinstalling them however I still have the same problem.

Thanks in advance....

yahoogr77
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 72