xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Tutorial : Error 21 On Softmod (-attempt)  (Read 426 times)

ech0dish

• Archived User
Tutorial : Error 21 On Softmod (-attempt)
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2007, 03:56:00 PM »

didn't work! i'm getting error 21 when i try and load a game but it loads the dash!!! i can load xbmc... dvd2xbox... copy games to the hd... they wont run from hd or original disks... im' completely lost. please someone help me!

mono_eric3

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2007, 02:38:00 PM »

I have yet another variation on the whole 'Error 21' saga.

I had my xbox softmodded by a friend and all was well. I was trying to get xbmc to let me output to 720p, I tried every setting I could in all the dashboards that were available, however, I accidentally selected 'Patch ms dash' totally retarded I know.

Well now, both the regular dash board and the eject dash try to boot the original ms dash and bail before any options can appear, and all im left with is our dear friend Mr error 21.

Now, heres the confusing part. After the initial panic I tried a few regular games and they worked fine. I toyed with the idea of installing the dash update from Halo 2 but thought I had better not break it further. The softmod save game was still on the machine so I just got the game from my friend (Agent under fire btw). However, in the time it took me to leave my house, pick up the game, and get back, it broke further.

It now wont load anything. No discs work at all, and I've not done anything to it.

Im going to be working on it for some time because I need to fix it. If anyone has any clues, please let me know. If not I will post when I finally find a solution.

ARRGGGGHHH!

Balls, just figured it out. Its because its been unplugged from the mains so now its trying to set the clock before playing a game.

Colour me stupid.

Anyone got any ideas how to continue? Is this gonna have to be a hotswap effort now? Is there any way to skip setting the clock on the regular ms dash without ftp access?

D.

Jakib2

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2009, 04:54:00 PM »

I have softmodded xbox with normal harddrive. Im running Evolution X and everything works great. The only problem is when I go to the M$ Dash and try and change the network setting or troubleshoot the network connection I get the error 21. That is the only time I get it and everthing else works fine. Im trying to get my xbox to run LIVE through my laptop. Anyone help me out here?

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2009, 08:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jakib2 @ Aug 10 2009, 06:54 AM) View Post

I have softmodded xbox with normal harddrive. Im running Evolution X and everything works great. The only problem is when I go to the M$ Dash and try and change the network setting or troubleshoot the network connection I get the error 21. That is the only time I get it and everthing else works fine. Im trying to get my xbox to run LIVE through my laptop. Anyone help me out here?

You noticed the thread was 2 years old? IMHO better off posting a separate thread. What softmod were you using?

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2011, 11:56:00 AM »

depends what games were used to softmod your system.. Chances are it would be splinter cell. as it is the easiest one to buy knowing it will work to do the modding process..

theres only like 3 games that can be exploited and there is a list of them some where on this forum..

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]