xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 50

Author Topic: Ndure Installer For Pc  (Read 2689 times)

moviecut

• Archived User
Ndure Installer For Pc
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2005, 07:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(kingroach @ Jun 21 2005, 02:04 PM)
yah.. I guess I left that part.. I will add the option in next version.. thnx for the suggestion.

for now nkpatcher .06 is installed, right? so this for now is only an installer to work on boxes with hd up to 250gb? i think thats alright for 95% of all softmodding people. but it should be changed for future. as the default dashboard should be changed to unleashx, the best dashboard out there..

kingroach

• Archived User
Ndure Installer For Pc
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2005, 07:20:00 AM »

no it uses .67 nkpatcher.. I used evox to keep the size as small as possible but I will look into unleashx.. If I can get it under 10MB then its fine..

eh.

• Archived User
Ndure Installer For Pc
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2005, 08:54:00 AM »

Glitch:

I tried the awesome "M$ dash conversion" feature; copied my 5960 (185ead00) to a folder, chose that folder name and it added the files into a sub-folder named C.

No worries: I then deleted that C folder, re-ran it, manually removed the '/C' it appended to the folder name and it worked as expected.

Suggestions:

1: could this particular aspect of the installer also create the shadowc.img (that would nearly fill the C-partition)* so that the user wouldn't subsequently be at risk of dashupdate.xbe clobbering it entirely (unless they decide not to ftp the shadowc.img over)?

2: I haven't checked, but if the virtualEEPROM isn't enabled already could it be (and pre-named) but not actually created, so that a "non-overwritable" virtualEEPROM results?

3: could the "retail" setup be the default (instead of the "basic") so the user must uncheck things if they decide not to have the settings required for that?

_______
* It wasn't discussed in the original thread, but for the "retail" setup dashupdate.xbe only clobbers the entire softmod if there's more than 13.6MB free in C.  (With less free, as was discussed, it clobbers the /C/xboxdashdata.185ead00 [plus /C/fonts if it exists] folder and contents).

This post has been edited by eh.: Jun 21 2005, 04:06 PM

eh.

• Archived User
Ndure Installer For Pc
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2005, 10:10:00 AM »

Corrections:
QUOTE(eh. @ Jun 21 2005, 09:05 AM - MB)
* It wasn't discussed in the original thread, but for the "retail" setup (with stock xboxdashdata.185ead00 and no fonts folder in C) dashupdate.xbe only clobbers the entire softmod if there's 32MB or more free in C and it isn't aborted in time.  (With less free, as was discussed, it clobbers the /C/xboxdashdata.185ead00 folder and contents).

Addendum: In the latter case (or if it's aborted in time), the tray-closed softmod boot remains operational and would be used to re-instate the open-tray retail boot (by deleting the resultant fonts.du and xboxdashdat.du folders then recovering the stock xboxdashdata.185ead00 folder from backup).

This post has been edited by eh.: Jun 21 2005, 05:23 PM

kingroach

• Archived User
Ndure Installer For Pc
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2005, 11:38:00 AM »

: could this particular aspect of the installer also create the shadowc.img (that would nearly fill the C-partition)* so that the user wouldn't subsequently be at risk of dashupdate.xbe clobbering it entirely (unless they decide not to ftp the shadowc.img over)?

I am updating the installer.. with new installer, shadowc will be autometically created.. There will be three dummy file.. shadowc.img which is shadowc and 300MB, and one 50MB dummy and one 4MB dummy.. This will enable future user updates if they want like adding a new dashboard or adding something.. even if they want to install largest dashboard.. they can just remove the 50MB file to make the space..

2: I haven't checked, but if the virtualEEPROM isn't enabled already could it be (and pre-named) but not actually created, so that a "non-overwritable" virtualEEPROM results?

virtual eeprom is enable.. virtual eeprom patch will be C:/shadowc/eeprom.bin

3: could the "retail" setup be the default (instead of the "basic") so the user must uncheck things if they decide not to have the settings required for that?

I will look into installer documentation if it can be done.. ( I am sure I saw something like that but forgot where it is.. smile.gif

I tried the awesome "M$ dash conversion" feature; copied my 5960 (185ead00) to a folder, chose that folder name and it added the files into a sub-folder named C.

A directory is created not to mixup with other files.. anyway user has to delete the /C at the end..

hotboi

• Archived User
Ndure Installer For Pc
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2005, 02:47:00 PM »

Where can I find Ndure?

Icare

• Archived User
Ndure Installer For Pc
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2005, 11:18:00 PM »

I have no clue where to find it. I search for "clues" on the blog but, I couldn't find anything, maybe I'm just dumb. Could you PM me or something with an e-mail or whatever?

ipodder2003

• Archived User
Ndure Installer For Pc
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2005, 11:44:00 PM »

Can't request files here.

eh.

• Archived User
Ndure Installer For Pc
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2005, 11:22:00 AM »

Hmm, this thread's "gone quiet" already ... was it the copyright challenges,  'war of the mods' or maybe the reality check?

Can anyone think of a viable way to PREVENT dashupdate.xbe's clobbering the dashboard in retail mode?

It was discussed in the original thread (starting here) but went nowhere.  Maybe someone in this thread can overcome that "noob-friendliness" obstacle...

kingroach

• Archived User
Ndure Installer For Pc
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2005, 12:02:00 PM »

does dashupdate.xbe first delet C:/fonts and C:/xboxdashdat.xxx and then create xboxdashdat.du or It first creates xboxdashdat.du and then deletes previous dashboard..

I dont think there will be another update.. since Conker was last XBL punch and it didnt have any updates..

DaddyJ

• Archived User
Ndure Installer For Pc
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2005, 12:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(eh.,)
Can anyone think of a viable way to PREVENT dashupdate.xbe's clobbering the dashboard in retail mode?

In retail mode, theres really no access to do anything on the C.

ipodder2003

• Archived User
Ndure Installer For Pc
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2005, 01:37:00 PM »

I was on Halo 2 last night on live and my dash got overwritten.  It seemed what they'd done is overwritten xboxdash.xbe and placed a fonts folder in the root of C with the stock fonts in it.  No biggie, quick fix.

krayzie

• Archived User
Ndure Installer For Pc
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2005, 01:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(ipodder2003 @ Jun 22 2005, 09:48 PM)
I was on Halo 2 last night on live and my dash got overwritten.  It seemed what they'd done is overwritten xboxdash.xbe and placed a fonts folder in the root of C with the stock fonts in it.  No biggie, quick fix.

so you are saying with a retail dualboot setup when a dashupdate occurs they still are able to replace the xboxdash.xbe and place a fonts folder with retail fonts. How would they do that with a full C drive? How did your xbox boot after the upgrade? To the dash or to an error screen?

ipodder2003

• Archived User
Ndure Installer For Pc
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2005, 05:41:00 PM »

I haven't filled up my C drive yet.  I just overwrote the Evox with my usual XBMC as dash as soon as I got it running completely.  When I booted, either eject or power button, just stock MS dash.

What's the best way to fill up the C drive?  A shadow C?

hotboi

• Archived User
Ndure Installer For Pc
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2005, 06:58:00 PM »

clues??? source??? I don't seem to be succeeding sad.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 50