xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Adding Hdd To A Softmod  (Read 467 times)

boast32

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2005, 10:29:00 AM »

oh yeah can  i boot boxplorer in my chipped to see if it works? just want to make sure it won't mess up my chipped box

triggernum5

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2005, 11:34:00 AM »

Do you mean to test the cd?  Then yes..  But if you attempt the procedure while booted from the chipped box you will end up locking it with the wrong eeprom..  This has probably been covered, but you are aware that you can also just clone the eeprom onto the chipped box.
Another method if you are fairly computer literate would be to install and run chimps tools, upload the softmod eeprom.bin to new hdd that has already been prepared with slayers and softmodded (so that its bootable in both boxes except for being unlocked)..  Then run chimps hdd cloning package and telnet into your xbox..  there is a linux app called hdlock2 (I think) that has many command line options including locking with whatever (any version) eeprom.bin you direct it to..  This prevents any need to hotswap a big hdd, but you need to know your way around the linux shell..

boast32

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2005, 12:32:00 PM »

smile.gif  that sound a lil to complicated for me right now uhh.gif probably once i start really gettin my hand dirty i can try that method

but thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xboxgamer733

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2005, 08:32:00 PM »

sad.gif

xboxgamer733

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2005, 12:47:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

boast32

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2005, 08:03:00 PM »

after I install krayzie's installer what do I next? I have tried to ftp to the xbox but I do not know what unleashX IP should be and what my pc IP should be. Also this is a very noob question, but what is a "trainer?"

Question #3 how would I be able to switch from the Unleash dashboard to Avalaunch?

thanks guys

boast32

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2005, 08:11:00 PM »

MY BAD ITS NOT UNLEASH I AM TRYIN TO FTP IN ITS EVOX

BluhDeBluh

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2005, 05:28:00 AM »

smile.gif

boast32

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2005, 09:24:00 AM »

like I said b4, what do i do after I install krayzie's installer? I found out the configuration to ftp into evox, but i think I pressed backup one to many times cuz now i have back up folders all over the place! what exactly is supposed to be in the C: folder after I softmod with Krayzie's installer?

thanks again guys

boast32

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2005, 11:49:00 AM »

ok back to boxplorer and configmagic...so a softmodded xbox is capable of reading the boxplorer boot up disc?

boast32

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2005, 08:54:00 PM »

hey guys I tried to make the boxplorer/Configmagic boot disc but it did not work. I put it in my chipped box to see if it would read the disc...it didn't. Did i do something wrong? I am using memorex DVD-RW. somebody please let me know

thanks again

boast32

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2005, 09:00:00 PM »

i wondering could the file be 2 small for the xbox to read?
Pages: 1 2 [3]