xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Adding Hdd To A Softmod  (Read 468 times)

boast32

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2005, 10:55:00 AM »

smile.gif

thanks I appreciate the help

boast32

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2005, 01:18:00 PM »

lets see if got this:

I don't have to flash back my eeprom on my chipped box after i flash it with the eeprom from the softmodded one. I can just put back the HDD of the chipped box back with no problem? and when I run the an auto installer will reflash my X2 bios?
I wouldn't want it to do that.

boast32

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2005, 03:42:00 PM »

I would go about it like this:

1.) Put the new HD in the chipped Xbox.
2.) Boot the Xbox with a Slayer's disc in the drive.
3.) Format the partitions, and install the necessary files (like xboxdash.xbe, etc...). I think there is an option that lets you do this automatically. It's Rebuild HD or something like that.
4.) Put a gamesave exploit like Krayzie's UXE installer on the HD via FTP, and rent the game needed to install it if you don't own it already. It needs to be an original copy.
5.) Obtain the EEPROM from the softmodded Xbox, and get the HD password from it.
6.) Lock the new HD with that password.
7.) Put the new HD in the softmodded Xbox, turn on the Xbox, and it should boot to the MS dash.
8.) Load the game, load the gamesave, and follow the instructions, and you should have a softmodded Xbox with an upgraded HD!

ok a lot of ppl have been givin' me some great advice but the information is so
inconsistent with eachother the simplest way so far and easiest understand has been xboxgamer733. does anybody object with this one?

remember guys I do not have a pc I have a laptop
i have a chipped box with an X2 modchip

xboxgamer733

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2005, 04:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(alexh @ Mar 27 2005, 01:10 PM)
How does he boot slayers? It doesnt have a modchip the disk wont boot.

Since the chipped Xbox indeed has a chip, it will boot from the DVD drive.

xboxgamer733

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2005, 07:42:00 PM »

he has access to a chipped box dude...

Are you talking to me? I know that he has a chipped Xbox. alexh thought that I said that boast32's softmodded Xbox would boot an unlocked hard drive, when I wrote that the chipped Xbox would. It was a misunderstanding that I was clearing up for alexh.

Anyway, I think madturbo123's method is even easier than mine!  biggrin.gif
When my friend wants to upgrade his Xbox's hard drive, I'll try it using the way you shared.

Thanks
 beerchug.gif

boast32

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2005, 09:19:00 PM »

I know this is a noob question, but how do I make a bootable disc with boxplorer and put config on it?

bdf24

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2005, 10:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(alexh @ Mar 27 2005, 01:10 PM)
If you've not already figured it out the other link to the tutorial was the wrong one. You need to softmod (I recommend Krayzie's installer) with the old hard drive, FTP off C & E drives which contain the EEPROM information you can use to lock your new drive while still in the PC.

Partition & Format the new drive on the PC using one of the tools available and transfer the contents of your old C drive and E drive (softmod intact), lock the drive on the PC using the EEPROM information & appropriate tool.

He's got a laptop not a PC. That's what this thread is all about.

boast32

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2005, 10:58:00 PM »

okay I have boxplorer and confimagic, do i burn the boxplorer iso to a disc? how would i put the configmagic on there. hmmmm or do I take the files for boxplorer and the files for configmagic and make an iso image from them and burn it to a disc? i don't know

thank a lot everyone for the good feedback i am just a couple of steps away from figuring this thing out. I just want to make sure I have everything down b4 i mess with anything lol

thanks again

cmiz

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2005, 11:53:00 PM »

i hate to be difficult and go against the flow....but if i were you, i'd just do this...

buy a power Y adapter for powering 2 hard drives from 1 plug (like $4 at an electronics store), download chimp's tool (it has a locking too).

put the new HD in the chipped xbox, format it with an auto installer and install the softmod (you could just copy the C and E drives from your currently softmodded HD and then FTP them over after formatting the new drive). then shut off your chipped xbox and remove the drive (without locking it).

now, take the new drive over to the softmodded xbox and plug it into the Y adapter so you will have both HD's powered, boot up the softmodded xbox, load chimp's tool (you can just do this manually with a file manager in unleashx or you could use boxplorer or something along the lines of that).

now, with chimp's tool loaded, pull the ide out of the dvd drive, put it in the new HD. run the refresh IDE devices (or whatever the wording is) and then choose the option to lock the drive from the mother board.

that way you don't have to mess around with all of the other programs. i think that would be a lot easier, but then again you might see it as harder. whatever floats your boat. good luck.

cmiz

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2005, 11:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(madturbo123 @ Mar 28 2005, 02:21 AM)
he has access to a chipped box dude...

xboxgamer733

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2005, 12:14:00 AM »

smile.gif
5.) Open Qwix/Craxtion, and make an ISO out of the folder "disc".
6.) Burn the ISO with Nero.

So, the file structure of the disc will look like this:

Root of the disc: |default.xbe and the rest of Boxplorer's files| and |configmagic|
In the folder configmagic: All of the files from ConfigMagic-Xbox_v1.6-FINAL (the latest release of Configmagic)

boast32

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2005, 01:35:00 AM »

xboxgamer733 Posted Today, 07:20 AM

Anyway, I would make the disc like this:

1.) Get Configmagic, Boxplorer, and Qwix or Craxtion.
2.) Make a new folder. Name it "disc" or something.
3.) Extract the contents of Boxplorer, and put them in the root of "disc". Rename whatever its main .xbe file is named to default.xbe so your Xbox can boot it.
4.) Extract the contents of Configmagic, and put its contents in a folder of its own in the root of "disc". Name the folder "configmagic" just to be neat 
5.) Open Qwix/Craxtion, and make an ISO out of the folder "disc".
6.) Burn the ISO with Nero.

ok i followed this pretty much and this is what it looks like:

DISC: (is the folder name)
Xboxplorer: (these files are not in a folder) default.xbe, Font.xpr, and Back.xpr
Configmagic: (all files are in a folder titled configmagic) it has a Media folder and Data folder and a default.xbe

all of these files are in the DISC folder. I hope this is right

thanks again xboxgamer733, madturbo and the rest of u guys u have been a real
help biggrin.gif

triggernum5

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2005, 09:23:00 AM »

You can also swap hdd's from within Config Magic and reload the xbox eeprom..  This will refresh the IDE channel, and your new hdd will be listed with its proper password..  I can't remember whether I actually tried locking at this point or not..  I have lots of stock hdd's so I wouldn't be too paranoid about losing one, and I don't remember perma-locking any hdd's..  So I'm assuming I tried and either it worked, or it just didn't lock the hdd..

madturbo123

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2005, 09:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(triggernum5 @ Mar 28 2005, 04:29 PM)
You can also swap hdd's from within Config Magic and reload the xbox eeprom..  This will refresh the IDE channel, and your new hdd will be listed with its proper password..  I can't remember whether I actually tried locking at this point or not..  I have lots of stock hdd's so I wouldn't be too paranoid about losing one, and I don't remember perma-locking any hdd's..  So I'm assuming I tried and either it worked, or it just didn't lock the hdd..

boast32

• Archived User
Adding Hdd To A Softmod
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2005, 10:27:00 AM »

biggrin.gif I think u have shown me good simple way of adding a bigger HDD to a softmodded box from a chipped. Once i try it (which be sometime this week) i'll let everyone know how it goes!!!!!!!

I ALSO WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THE POSITIVE FEEDBACK, I DEEPLY APPRECIATE!!!!!!

thanks again!!!!

Madturbo I don't like dealing with eeproms either sad.gif

oh another thanks to Xboxgamer733!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3