xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Anothergamesaveinstaller  (Read 453 times)

triggernum5

• Archived User
Anothergamesaveinstaller
« on: February 22, 2005, 07:02:00 AM »

Should you decide to use my installer to mod your xbox, this is what you should know about it..  It fits on any standard memcard.. Transfer the save package to your xbox hdd by whatever means you have available to you..  Ways of accomplishing this include AR cards, USB cable adapters, or another modded xbox..  
Once you have successfully executed the gamesave you will be at an evox screen with the options:
1. Backup EEPROM
This does exactly what it says and saves the eeprom.bin to E:\UDATA\..\backup\ where (..) represents your hacked gamesave directory.
2. Create Shadowc Image (Optional)
This takes a snapshot of your cuurent c: and saves it as E:\shadowc\shadowc.img.. Note that when the shadowc is active the directory its in is readonly..  Also note that if your C: is not in a proper unmodded state before you begin creating a shadowc.img via this method will accomplish nothing of value.  If no shadowc.img exists then the function is disabled automatically.
3. Enable Virtual Eeprom (Optional)
This copies the eeprom.bin to E:\shadowc where nkpatcher looks for it's virtual eeprom file..  This file is also locked when shadowc/virtual eeprom are active..  If this file is not found eeprom accesses will occur normally.
4. Continue to Waffle-Ripoff
Takes you to the unleashx component of the installer based on Waffletools..  When unleashx loads, enter the Waffle-Ripoff menu.
Waffle-Ripoff:
Install UXE:
This will back up your current C: to E:\backup\unmodded before wiping it clean and installing UXE7.1 generic fonts by default..  It installs Evox, Unleashx and Msdash via XSelector 0.9 running under nkpatcher10.  
When you select this option the installer will not provide F: support at all.  This is to prevent data corruption due to incompatible partition methods.  (See LBA-48 Method)
Trayopen will load the Unleashx portion of the installer with both shadowc and virtual eeprom disabled for debugging purposes.
Reinstall UXE:
This is the same as above except without any backup prior to installation.
Adjust Fonts:
If your xbox doesn't want to work after the installation you can try different font sets here, as well as adding additional s.xtf scrap fonts.
Choose LBA-48 Method:
Here you can choose to install F: support..  I'm not going to explain the differences between .06 and .67 configurations here, but if you are installing on an already filled hdd > 137GB you should understand this concept.
Install UEEE:
This will install UEEE to the existing unmodded backup so that when UXE is uninstalled you can still trigger an exploit without your exploitable game..  You need to know your kernel and dash versions to be successful..  Dash version can be found by browsing into E:\backup\unmodded\ and noting the #'s in the xboxdashdata directory..  Note that when UEEE is installed there will be no access to the xboxlive dash in the unmodded state.
Uninstall UEEE:
This undoes the UEEE installation from your unmodded backup and allows you to access the xboxlive dash once again..  Note the UEEE doesn't work if you uninstall it..
I think that should cover it for now..  Complaints can be directed to http://127.0.0.1/ smile.gif

DaddyJ

• Archived User
Anothergamesaveinstaller
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 07:06:00 AM »

This looks great, And I have used it, and it does everything it suppose to do,  great job trigger, this is definitly a great addition to the scene. Hopefully we can expect to see it over @ the usual spots.

Apharmd Battler

• Archived User
Anothergamesaveinstaller
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 01:23:00 PM »

Can this be found in the usual place? If so, what's it called?

DaddyJ

• Archived User
Anothergamesaveinstaller
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 03:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(Apharmd Battler @ Feb 22 2005, 04:37 PM)
Can this be found in the usual place? If so, what's it called?

QUOTE(MySelf)
Hopefully we can expect to see it over @ the usual spots.

Read a little harder man! :)

triggernum5

• Archived User
Anothergamesaveinstaller
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 03:41:00 PM »

Look for torrents floating around in the sky, and check out comments if you see them..

krayzie

• Archived User
Anothergamesaveinstaller
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 04:54:00 PM »

Hey triggernum what is the purpose of the UEEE support for different dash versions? I thought it would be safest to only support it for the latest dash since  if you have it on a previous dash and you go live the dash will get upgraded and the UEEE files are lost and you have to fix it through a gamesave.

This post has been edited by krayzie: Feb 23 2005, 12:55 AM

triggernum5

• Archived User
Anothergamesaveinstaller
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 05:09:00 PM »

krayzie points out a good flaw and reduces my config.xml ever so vastly:)..  I figured you just threw your pack together and didn't want to be bothered to organize the xml for each dash..

DaddyJ

• Archived User
Anothergamesaveinstaller
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2005, 06:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(krayzie @ Feb 22 2005, 08:08 PM)
Hey triggernum what is the purpose of the UEEE support for different dash versions? I thought it would be safest to only support it for the latest dash since  if you have it on a previous dash and you go live the dash will get upgraded and the UEEE files are lost and you have to fix it through a gamesave.

Is there anything you dont know man?  lol   :beer:  good catch.

triggernum5

• Archived User
Anothergamesaveinstaller
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2005, 08:39:00 PM »

I removed the old dash support and added a webpage in my sig with 'comments' about the package..  Word of advice, don't bother trying to find any hidden link pixels where the monkey is pointing..  That is not the method to the madness:)..
How do you like my page?  I made it in 'notepad'..   unsure.gif

triggernum5

• Archived User
Anothergamesaveinstaller
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2005, 12:02:00 PM »

Just to let ppl know.. If you find my installer at any usual places read comments about it or follow links to obtain the newest release with UEEE/ XBL switcher..

triggernum5

• Archived User
Anothergamesaveinstaller
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2005, 02:17:00 PM »

I've made some additional dash installation batch files to easily incorporate other dashes into XSelect..  The scripts take the xbox ip address as a parameter and executes an automated script..  PM me if you can't figure out how to add dashes any other way..

globe_guyx

• Archived User
Anothergamesaveinstaller
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2005, 09:04:00 PM »

OMG I love this installer.  I had to rent an exploitible MA because my brothers is platinum so the eggsbox thing rocks!!  I can still go on Live YAY!!  I also love having 3 dashes why don't other installer do this? Can I have more?  I want avalaunch and UIX and xbmc. Can I do that.  One question dude. Whats with the insane monkey on your webpage?  And the only comment there was that you updated the comments. I found it another way though.  Thankyou Thankyou THANKYOU!!

triggernum5

• Archived User
Anothergamesaveinstaller
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2005, 10:23:00 PM »

Awesome, I'm glad you like it..  If you want to take a gander at that post immediately before yours you'll see that that is indeed possible..  tongue.gif

For the record: A guy with 1 post who doesn't tend to read things was successful..  I amaze myself sometimes..smile.gif

globe_guyx

• Archived User
Anothergamesaveinstaller
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2005, 09:24:00 AM »

Hey I can read. I missed that one thing. Also I have a friend who tells me alot cause he knows xbox modding. But yes it was extremely easy to do. Gotta find those other dashes.  11/10 dude!

triggernum5

• Archived User
Anothergamesaveinstaller
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2005, 11:24:00 AM »

My first fanboy.. Rock on..smile.gif  Just kidding, but if you keep selling this thing like you are, I'm gonna be really busy on the IM software..smile.gif
The other dash incorporators are on the way..  Don't look too hard right yet..  Info will be on my website when they are ready..  And you gotta love bittorrent..smile.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 4