xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Replacement Cable?  (Read 125 times)

r00t

• Archived User
Replacement Cable?
« on: July 22, 2004, 04:31:00 PM »

Well the other day I was putting my xbox cover back on and accidently pinched the cable that connects the main board to the dip switches.  A couple of the wires were cut in half.  Does anyone know if it's possible for me to get a replacement cable, or will I just have to tape the wires back together?

kenmood

• Archived User
Replacement Cable?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 02:21:00 AM »

Solder the halfs together and put some tape around them. I think that DMS does not sell any spare parts, but you could ask from some reseller. Some of them might have wires from returned faulty X-B.I.T chips.

If you are not going to reflash your chip, you need only the wires of dip switches which are on and the gnd wire. If you put your bios in bank 1 and you have installed the stealth mode via power button wire, you can remove the external chip completely.

(IMG:http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v325/kenmood/x-bit_ext_board_pinout.jpg)

jjbean

• Archived User
Replacement Cable?
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 12:51:00 PM »

contact the seller you purchased it form,

I had to get new wires myself (they seem to easily rip out of the harness if you ask me)

sometimes they have extra ones laying around from returns and what not, maybe they will work something out for a small fee.

just a suggestion, since it worked for me i figured i might as well mention it.