xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wire Install - Frag  (Read 110 times)

SchorschD

• Archived User
Wire Install - Frag
« on: May 22, 2004, 12:05:00 PM »

I´ve been trying this for quite a long time. Here´s my story:

Got a xbox (christmas-bundle, v1.4, FOCUS with ground on PIN2). Got an executer (2.3 pro), tried to install it myself and destroyed it (the mod, xbox is fine).
Got a xbit, went to a friend and let it wire-install. FRAG. Tried different Bioses and checked the connections over and over again (the friend even with a microscope)...

So i started measuring (directly on the chip):

When i measure my LPC the PIN 3 (LFRAME) it should be disconnected (thats what the LPC-diag tut says when v1.3+), but i have ~3 V on it.
All other pins are ok.

Could the chip be damaged? I don´t think it is, since i can flash it and verify it and even the eject button stealth thing is working fine...

Anyone got an idea??
Please... otherwise i´ll have to try TSOP. And if you read what i did to the executer, you can be sure that i´ll go back to playing with matchbox cars...

p.s. btw: if the biosversions would be false, it still should boot with an original, shouldn´t it?

londonbroil

• Archived User
Wire Install - Frag
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 12:22:00 PM »

Yep, i have had the same friggin problem for a month now. I have almost given up. tried pogopin and solder install. No luck, am beginning to think that the motherboard or LPC points are bust. need to get a reading. I have 2 chips, both dont work, so the chances of faulty chip is greatly reduced. someone help.

opjose

• Archived User
Wire Install - Frag
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 09:48:00 AM »

Those are DIGITAL signals you are trying to measure with an analog meter.

To get accurate voltage readings you need a SCOPE.

I don't want to type in a long explanation, as you can google for this stuff, but you can't measure the voltages the way you are attempting to do.

The original poster if the voltages was (likely) using a scope.