xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Deleted Exploit Wrong  (Read 54 times)

crb0621

• Archived User
Deleted Exploit Wrong
« on: December 21, 2004, 01:04:00 PM »

And it's a 1.0 if that helps any.

ceril

• Archived User
Deleted Exploit Wrong
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 02:36:00 PM »

you are going to have to install you chip thenfix his hard drive. i had someone do the same thing not to long ago

Keo-Keo

• Archived User
Deleted Exploit Wrong
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 03:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(crb0621 @ Dec 21 2004, 10:06 PM)
My friend had an exploit installed on his xbox. I think it was UDE but I'm not sure. Instead of doing the remove exploit thing from the linux menu, he just went into boxplorer and deleted the files. Instead of hitting delete he launched one xbe and then the xbox froze. So when he restarted it, it just hang at the screen with the xbox logo before the dash usually comes up. Luckily, it would still boot with a game in it so he could play. There was no backup of his eeprom so we tried to hotswap. I had hotswapped my hard drive before I got a chip and it worked fine, but his would click right when you unplugged the ide cable from it. We couldn't get xboxhdm to recognize it. We gave up on that and put it back together and everything was the same as before. Then a few days later, it just stopped loading up games so it was always at the logo screen. He ended up buying a new motherboard/hard drive combo and it works fine, but I was wondering if somehow I could fix it and get it running. Could I install my chip, then load up an evox boot disc and ftp the original ms dash over, or would this not work because it won't boot up games? Thanks for any help.

crb0621

• Archived User
Deleted Exploit Wrong
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 05:13:00 PM »

It was loading games before, but it just stopped loading them and won't go any farther than the boot screen.

crb0621

• Archived User
Deleted Exploit Wrong
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2004, 05:16:00 PM »

We couldn't load the gamesave anyway because we couldn't access the dashboard to copy from memory card to hard drive.

DaddyJ

• Archived User
Deleted Exploit Wrong
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2004, 05:20:00 PM »

It didnt sound like he deleted the gamesave.
Doubt he'd know where to look for it.

crb0621

• Archived User
Deleted Exploit Wrong
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2004, 12:52:00 PM »

I cannot load up an exploit because as I said, the xbox will not boot up games. So if I put in a modchip, would it be able to boot from disc or would I have to do something else?

DaddyJ

• Archived User
Deleted Exploit Wrong
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2004, 02:08:00 PM »

You should be able to hotswap a package on there, get the eeprom, and fix it sure.

If not, sell em wink.gif

DaddyJ

• Archived User
Deleted Exploit Wrong
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2004, 08:06:00 PM »

Hotswapping will work, but takes practice.

Keo-Keo

• Archived User
Deleted Exploit Wrong
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2004, 08:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(crb0621 @ Dec 23 2004, 04:56 AM)
It seemed like it was impossible to hotswap because when we pulled the cable out the hard drive clicked right away before I could get the one from the computer in. Should I let it spin down longer and then do it? When I did mine, I just let it load up and then did it right away and it worked. Thanks for the help.

bdf24

• Archived User
Deleted Exploit Wrong
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2004, 09:04:00 PM »

Like the others have said. Hotswapping should work. But it does take practice. And to add to that. I've noticed that not all boxes are the same. I've Hotswapped a few boxes and they don't all allow me to change the IDE cable the same time. Sometimes I can swap right after the first click. other boxes I've had to wait a little bit to get it to work.

I also had the problem with being able to boot games at first then a few days later it would'nt even do that. This happened after a failed attempt to install UDE2 softmod.
I fixed it by Hotswapping and copying the original C drive files from the Slayers Evox installer disk. Then ended up installing UXE instead. Have'nt looked back since.

Keo-Keo

• Archived User
Deleted Exploit Wrong
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2004, 10:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(crb0621 @ Dec 24 2004, 03:56 AM)
OK. I'll try to get the motherboard and hard drive from him soon and try to hotswap it again. Do you reccomend letting it spin down first for a few minutes though?

Keo-Keo

• Archived User
Deleted Exploit Wrong
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2004, 09:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(crb0621 @ Dec 25 2004, 06:10 AM)
Just to double check this, TEAMASSEMBLY is only the password if ConfigMagic was used, right?

Trevante

• Archived User
Deleted Exploit Wrong
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2004, 10:33:00 PM »

TEAMASSEMBLY is the master password if you locked your HDD with ConfigMagic.

crb0621

• Archived User
Deleted Exploit Wrong
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2004, 08:27:00 PM »

Thanks for all the help. My keyboard didn't pause the boot up so I swapped the ide cables at the xboxhdm screen and it worked. I think it was easier because I put in the power extender cable so the hard drive was easier to move. Thanks for the help and now I have a working mobo/hdd combo!
Pages: [1] 2