xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mod Went Fine One Last Question  (Read 40 times)

rec0ded

• Archived User
Mod Went Fine One Last Question
« on: December 17, 2004, 03:29:00 AM »

i sucessfully softmodded my xbox 1.6b with the UXE exploit.  My thanks to DaddyJ for his help.

One last question i have is...

With the UXE am i safe to unplug it and put it back in the box (it is a xmas present for my kids)  i just have the UXE files from UXE-Complete (71 fonts) and the backupfiles on the c:\

**For those wanting to try this mod here is an overview of what i did**

1) Hotswap xbox with xboxhdm

2)make a folder in the root of the xbox c:\ called xbox_backup and copied all the files from the root of the xbox c:\ into it using the xbrowser

3) delete the files from c:\ leaving only the xbox_backup folder there

4) copy over the UXE file/folder from the xboxhdm iso i made to the root of c:\ on the xbox

5) turn off pc power down xbox.  reconnect the xbox HD boot up and voila modded xbox.

6) used the backup command to backup the xbox in the evo-x settings

7) ftpd to the xbox copied the xbox_backup dir eeprom etc to my pc, and made a recovery iso for xboxhdm

8) kissed the ground and thanked god i didnt throw $250 down the toilet, and make my kids xmas miserable

hope that helps someone

anyways if someone could just drop me a quick answer to the above question i would be very grateful cuz if i can put it away now i dont have to think of some crazy way of hiding the xbox with it being plugged in

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 05:01:00 AM »

Yeah, you should be safe, those fonts prevent clock loops, by asutomatically setting the clock.

MrPhunkee

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 05:06:00 AM »

yeah, i got one unplugged 4 three days, and the clock automaticly jumps on 02.00 h

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 09:34:00 AM »

QUOTE (DaddyJ @ Dec 17 2004, 01:28 PM)
Yeah, you should be safe, those fonts prevent clock loops, by asutomatically setting the clock.

actually it isn't preventing clock loops by automatically set the clock. It prevents clock loops since the update.xbe file cannot handle the kernels dead clock call and just loads the file. The clock setting code was put into the fonts to prevent retail games not working with a dead clock.

This post has been edited by krayzie: Dec 17 2004, 05:35 PM

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 10:39:00 AM »

I have been corrected, thanks krayzie.