xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Jimtools  (Read 220 times)

chimpanzee

• Archived User
Jimtools
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2004, 02:32:00 PM »

ROE is a hardware AND software thing. It is a hardware thing in that once it is set, it cannot be disabled unless you power cycle it. It is a software thing in that even it is not enabled, you got to have something to respone to it in time(this is where the nkpatcher is useful).

And for loading retail games from DVD, the retail BIOS would immediately set ROE on based on the XBE flag and after this point, no one can disable it.

FBF

• Archived User
Jimtools
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2004, 02:44:00 PM »

Back on topic:

We do only need Itools. If  Itools1.8 was finished and released it would be a very comprehensive installer.

It seems that most of Itools1.8 is finished already as there are working build for Mechassualt and modified builds for the other two games. It seems it just needs to be realeased...

jimjom

• Archived User
Jimtools
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2004, 03:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (FBF @ Dec 9 2004, 11:47 PM)
Back on topic:

We do only need Itools. If  Itools1.8 was finished and released it would be a very comprehensive installer.

It seems that most of Itools1.8 is finished already as there are working build for Mechassualt and modified builds for the other two games. It seems it just needs to be realeased...

Can't wait for that.

DIE JIMTOOLS DIE!!

Spaceboy727

• Archived User
Jimtools
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2004, 03:33:00 PM »

you know, i can see everyones concern for this, but i think a few of us might be compressing (heh) our efforts into one or maybe two installers, that way we canget it out fast and avoid the trouble of a bunch of them.  

you also have to ask if all of the people listed (excluding the SIN installer, its removed from xbins now) make their own installers, and everyone ACTUALLY finishes them, theres gonna be one thats gonna be better, and that one is gonna end up being the one for newbs,  and if theres two or more actually good installers...that opens up options for newbs and anyone else who wants to use an installer...

Spaceboy727

• Archived User
Jimtools
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2004, 03:35:00 PM »

you know , i thought about the disc idea, but it just seems like it would be more work than its worth for the end user, either way they're gonna have to use agamesave, but i did come up w/ a neat idea for something along those lines, not gonna say as it might not work very well

BlackWar

• Archived User
Jimtools
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2004, 04:24:00 PM »

sad.gif

Spaceboy727

• Archived User
Jimtools
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2004, 04:30:00 PM »

yeah but do you know how many newbs put slayers in their softmodded xbox's and try to format the harddrive or some such nonsense?  an iso w/ up-to-date installs  designed for a softmod would be optimal

BlackWar

• Archived User
Jimtools
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2004, 04:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (Spaceboy727 @ Dec 9 2004, 06:33 PM)
yeah but do you know how many newbs put slayers in their softmodded xbox's and try to format the harddrive or some such nonsense?  an iso w/ up-to-date installs  designed for a softmod would be optimal

thank you Spaceboy727, that is what I was tring to get accross

Spaceboy727

• Archived User
Jimtools
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2004, 04:34:00 PM »

but the thing is about the 1.6's blackwar, any good installer for uxe or ude is gonna have to use linux for the patching of the xbe, unless of course the almighty creators would be nice enough to make ppf patches for the xbox dash ...lol...  and thats why it happens, linux cant run on the video chips

Spaceboy727

• Archived User
Jimtools
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2004, 04:35:00 PM »

yeah, slayers is awesome dont get me wrong, but not really practical or safe for your average softmodder

DaddyJ

• Archived User
Jimtools
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2004, 04:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (Spaceboy727 @ Dec 9 2004, 07:37 PM)
but the thing is about the 1.6's blackwar, ....
linux cant run on the video chips

Is this but a driver, or some other issue with the chip?

DaddyJ

• Archived User
Jimtools
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2004, 05:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (BlackWar @ Dec 9 2004, 08:22 PM)
unless the file was included pre-patched........

Thats a no-no

BlackWar

• Archived User
Jimtools
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2004, 05:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (DaddyJ @ Dec 9 2004, 06:51 PM)
Is this but a driver, or some other issue with the chip?

well, here is the thing, most think that it cant run on 1.6, but it can, its just that the screen is corupted. it still exicutes and runs, you just cant see what the hell its doing.

BlackWar

• Archived User
Jimtools
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2004, 05:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (Spaceboy727 @ Dec 9 2004, 06:37 PM)
but the thing is about the 1.6's blackwar, any good installer for uxe or ude is gonna have to use linux for the patching of the xbe, unless of course the almighty creators would be nice enough to make ppf patches for the xbox dash ...lol...  and thats why it happens, linux cant run on the video chips

isnt there a way to create your own? like what a person used to do with the psx isos?

Spaceboy727

• Archived User
Jimtools
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2004, 06:15:00 PM »

well idont know if theres a way to get the ppf out of the exe's they have already, im sure there is, anyone know??

also about linux uhhh...i know that it actually runs on the1.6, i guess i should have worded that better
Pages: 1 [2] 3