xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sin is a piece of shit  (Read 104 times)

RiceCake

• Archived User
Sin is a piece of shit
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2004, 03:07:00 PM »

Don't start a flame war here either.

Situation averted...fact is this SIN installer is just stolen work chocked together by a newb. Sorry SlayerZ but a quick review of your posts makes me strongly think that.

DaddyJ

• Archived User
Sin is a piece of shit
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2004, 05:11:00 PM »

If not, it was poorly planed.

PedrosPad

• Archived User
Sin is a piece of shit
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2004, 02:12:00 AM »

It's funny, the quality control and release procedures that go on behind the scenes of some of the scene groups puts many well known corporations to shame.

Trust me, ldots subscribed to this view.  I think the value of ltools was not so much what it did, but the extensive testing that it'd been through, to give everyone else the confidence to run with it.

PedrosPad

• Archived User
Sin is a piece of shit
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2004, 03:44:00 AM »

No specific criticism indented (I’ve not even seen the Slayerz package) – my comments apply equally to the other installer developments underway.  Please don’t be disparaged, but be aware the bar has been set quite high in this area.

Dan Wysocki

• Archived User
Sin is a piece of shit
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2004, 04:58:00 AM »

QUOTE (SlayerZ @ Dec 10 2004, 12:30 PM)
...AND ALL YOUR F**CKERS HAVE YOU DONE SOMETHING? LIKE AN EXPLOIT?

Have you?
I dont see where you "exploit" is different to UXE? Perhaps if you clarify this, people may appreciate it more...
beerchug.gif

total_ass

• Archived User
Sin is a piece of shit
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2004, 06:04:00 AM »

and yes many of the people here have created an exploit.

they invented the exploits.

triggernum5

• Archived User
Sin is a piece of shit
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2004, 07:50:00 AM »

LTools is fine for those too stupid to learn the fundamentals of softmodding themselves..  Its really hard to mess up with the package itself, but if future problems do arise then these ppl are usually up a creek..  Personally, my favorite package is Chimpanzee's HDD Upgrade tools since that package has the most diverse package of linux tools accessable from telnet..  IMO it all boils down to that "Give a man a fish...." philosophy..  
Gotta say though, its kinda disconcerting to go away for a couple weeks and return to find some newb twit impersonating a trusted member and endangering ppl's systems..  Why not do what all the other newb twits do and write a shitty tutorial?
I think it would be cool if Xbox-Scene compiled a list of highly respected users that is cross referenced against new users chosen nicks..  Then if the new user chooses a derivative name of a respected user their group ranking could reflect the fact that they are nothing but a potential wannabe..
eg.
RmenhalZ
**Stealing rmenhal's glory**
Pages: 1 [2]