xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Switching To M8 Bios With Ude/ude2/uxe Tutorial  (Read 269 times)

triggernum5

• Archived User
Switching To M8 Bios With Ude/ude2/uxe Tutorial
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2004, 05:18:00 PM »

You mean a way to have different dashes load depending on what button you press while your xbox boots?  I love XSelector 0.6 for that purpose (0.9 is kinda annoying to set up)..  Avalaunch also has a limited feature to do this..
Or do you mean igr? If so, nkpatcher 7 supports igr, Live Blocking and lba48 support (although I'm not positive which partitioning scheme is used, I would guess its .06)..

colt45joe

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2004, 12:41:00 AM »

or will ltool release a new installer that has the m8 bios?

triggernum5

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2004, 08:04:00 AM »

You need to upgrade to nkpatcher7 to get IGR etc...

colt45joe

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2004, 11:11:00 PM »

maybe somebody kind can pm me the exact instructions on how to do this?

colt45joe

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2004, 12:20:00 AM »

sad.gif

slrhsapple

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2004, 01:03:00 AM »

1.  Go to http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=230608 and copy and paste the code to a blank document in Notepad (window utility under Accessories) (starting from begin-base64 644 nkpatcher7.tar.bz2 and end =====...  all of it)

2.  In Notepad go to File=>Save as=>Under save as type select All Files and then type in the name you want to save but make sure it has .b64 (ex. nkpatcher.b64)

3.  Open winzip or any program that can handle b64 file extension and open nkpatcher.b64 file.  There should be a file call unknown.001.

4.  Extract the "unknown.001" to a temporary directory

5.  Use winrar to open unkown.001 and extract the file "unknown" to a temporary directory

6.  Use winrar to open UNKNOWN.001.out (the "unkown"/file you got from step 5)

7.  Finally you will see nkpatcher7 folder which is what you are looking for.  Extract it to a temporary directory and do whatever you want to do with it.

colt45joe

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2004, 02:46:00 AM »

thank you

Millions Knives

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2004, 05:00:00 PM »

Whenever I try to do this, my Xbox freezes at the Xbox startup screen.  It won't load my dashboard, it just sits there doing nothing at all.

Any suggestions?

Oh yeah, I'm also trying to do this with the new metoo-m8plus-v1.4.1.zip.  I'm not sure if that is why or not.

Petawa

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2004, 02:04:00 PM »

I want to update my bios to M8, but I don't know what files I need to change/replace.  I have the original UDE1 on my xbox w/ PBL & UnleashX. Below are the contents of my drive.

C
/xodash
/Skins
/f0nts
/Audio
xb0xdash.xbe
xboxdash.xbe
default.xbe
bert_ate_ernie.xtf
config.xml

E
/UDATA
/TDATA
/apps
/games
/CACHE
xboxrom.bin
default.xbe
boot.cfg

Thanks

Jason750

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2004, 11:35:00 PM »

Petawa:

First, get the "xboxrom.bin" from your E drive onto yor pc.  Then run EVTool and open the file.  Look at the field where it says 1st boot device.  The original poster in this thread has highlited the area in red in a picture in his first post.  Make a note of the path including the drive letter.

Now look in the M8 pachage you downloaded.  There should be one or more files that end with .bin in it.  Choose one of these.  If there is more than one and you need help making the decision, consult the readme in the package.  Rename this file to "xboxrom.bin".

Now open this newly renamed xboxrom.bin file in EVTool.  Go back to that same field you noted before and alter it so that it matches the notes you took earlier.  (judging from your setup, I suspect this will be "E:\default.xbe" but it's best to be sure).  Save the file in EVTool.

Rename the "xboxrom.bin" file that is on your xbox's drive (it's on you E: drive in the spec you show) to some memorable name for backup purposes (for instance "xboxrom.bin~").  Now copy the "xboxrom.bin" file you've modified on your PC to the location where the old "xboxrom.bin" was (E:\xboxrom.bin).

Now power down and the power up your xbox.  Hopefully you get back into your dash.  This should be it.  

If something goes wrong remember 2 things.
1 - caveat emptor and I'm not taking responsability
2 - you can use a gamesave exploit to get ftp access again, then delete "xboxrom.bin" and rename the backup you made (xboxrim.bin~ in my example) back to "xboxrom.bin" and everything should be back to exactly how it was before you mucked around with it.

Good luck

Millions Knives

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2004, 09:56:00 AM »

Yeah I just tried the non plus version and it worked out fine.  I wonder why the plus version would not work correctly.

Brice123

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »

QUOTE (slrhsapple @ Nov 14 2004, 10:06 AM)
1.  Go to http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=230608 and copy and paste the code to a blank document in Notepad (window utility under Accessories) (starting from begin-base64 644 nkpatcher7.tar.bz2 and end =====...  all of it)

2.  In Notepad go to File=>Save as=>Under save as type select All Files and then type in the name you want to save but make sure it has .b64 (ex. nkpatcher.b64)

3.  Open winzip or any program that can handle b64 file extension and open nkpatcher.b64 file.  There should be a file call unknown.001.

4.  Extract the "unknown.001" to a temporary directory

5.  Use winrar to open unkown.001 and extract the file "unknown" to a temporary directory

6.  Use winrar to open UNKNOWN.001.out (the "unkown"/file you got from step 5)

7.  Finally you will see nkpatcher7 folder which is what you are looking for.  Extract it to a temporary directory and do whatever you want to do with it.

Where do I put this nkpatcher7 file on my xbox?  Do I have to drop it under a certain file, or insert it into a certain folder on my xbox?  THanks

-Brice

slrhsapple

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2004, 02:41:00 PM »

extract unknown.001 using winrar.

file-open archieve-in file of types select "all files"  then find that unknown.001 and open it.

slrhsapple

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2004, 02:44:00 PM »

Where do I put this nkpatcher7 file on my xbox? Do I have to drop it under a certain file, or insert it into a certain folder on my xbox? THanks

can' help you there because different people customized their package so that it looks at some other location etc... if you assemble YOUR OWN (use the default location), nkpatcher will be put in xbox e and it will look for evoxdash.xbe in c:\.  check my tutorial in my sig for info.

djdoubled2000

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2004, 09:07:00 PM »

Hi guys,

I am running "Ultimate Dashboard Exploit + PBL Metoo" on an Xbox V1.0, my dashboard is UnleashX.  The file structure is not the same as Evox, so I'm asking you if I can update to M8 (the reason why I want to upgrade is right now I am not able to run a backup of DOAUltimate).

The C drive contains:
xboxdash.xbe               (this one start UnleashX)
xboxdash_original.xbe   (this one start MS Dashboard)
/fonts
...etc

The E drive contains:
/Systeme

The directory E:\Systeme contains:
/Dashboard
boot.cfg
PBL
Xbios.bin

And the directory E:\Systeme\Dashboard contains:
/Skins
Config.xml
Hackdash.xbe
items.xml

------------------
My question is: what file(s) I need to replace and/or edit ?

Thanks A LOT for your appreciated help.

Dan. (excuse my english)
Pages: 1 [2] 3