xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Error 21  (Read 44 times)

socrates

• Archived User
Error 21
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2004, 09:53:00 AM »

I have tried all methods and this is happening to my sons xbox and my buddys xbox which are both brand new from the same place and using the same disc, if i booted up with the tray open and uninstalled ube and reinstalled it again and then tried playing a different burned game  what do yuo think the chances are of it working? and also when i uninstall ube do i also return the xbox back to its original way by restoring C drive and then do i just do the mod over again like in the tuts?

krayzie

• Archived User
Error 21
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2004, 10:12:00 AM »

I don't think uninstalling an reinstalling has any effect.

socrates

• Archived User
Error 21
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2004, 10:17:00 AM »

Ya this is were it gets tricky, why is it happening it one thing but why is it happening to 2 different xbox's??...the cd worked fine then out of the blue they start this.....heres the only other thing i can think of but i doubt it matters, the cd's that came with the xbox's, we switched them, he has the cd that came with mine and i have his, its hard to explain why we did this, it was just eaiser when i modded his xbox to trade him the one i already modded, anyways would a cd that came with it have any kinda relation to the original xbox?

socrates

• Archived User
Error 21
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2004, 10:19:00 AM »

Ok i uninstalled the C drive and out the original one bac kin, so now its not modded and it plays the cd fine from msdash, so now i wil remod it and try running the game off msdash again.

garyopa

• Archived User
Error 21
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2004, 10:19:00 AM »

Your XBOX is soft-modded, as such the original XBOX fonts are not in there
right place on the C: drive. This being so the newer DOUBLE/GAME discs from
XBOX use the newest version of CDX, the game-selection menu program which
needs the XBOX fonts to load correctly.

You will always no matter how you boot the game from the DVD drive, get the
error 21 as it is trying to load the XBOX fonts.

If you did a search on the forums you would have noticed this problem has been
discuss many times already.

The only way around the problem is to either UNmod your system, or using a
program like boxplorer or the Unleash File Explorer, run the GAME you want
directly from the DVD game folder on the disc.

socrates

• Archived User
Error 21
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2004, 10:24:00 AM »

No way really???? for fuck sakes its just my luck ,i really do search before i post but i did a search on this wuith just eerror 21 so my bad, man if thats all the problem is then thank god ,thanks alot for the help guys, man am i relived:)

krayzie

• Archived User
Error 21
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2004, 10:35:00 AM »

Hmmm interesting. I never saw those retail double discs here. A workaround would be to copy the game to the pc and hex edit all fonts instances to f0nts and then burn it again. the strange part is that you are able to run them from hd. Do they apear as two separate games in evox or something?

socrates

• Archived User
Error 21
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2004, 10:50:00 AM »

ok this is good but why am i still having trouble playing burned games? i have a thompson in my xbox and i cant play a burner dvd and the other guy was able to play a burned dvdrw game before he used the double disc which started the error 21 screen now he cant play it, with mine it just goes to a black screen and freeezes there ,him im not sure yet but will be talking to him soon, he's freaking out think ing it fucked his xbox and now im the shooting target :(

socrates

• Archived User
Error 21
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2004, 10:59:00 AM »

Ok so mine reads cdrw but not dvd r? man my luck lol

socrates

• Archived User
Error 21
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2004, 10:29:00 AM »

Ok i just saw the front page of X-S and saw this
http://www.xbox-scen...kZkibeYqleZ.php
And i checked and sure enough this xbox has a 5960  version dashboard and kernel 5838, would this casue these problems?
Pages: 1 [2]