xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cant Program!  (Read 87 times)

Yoshimashin

• Archived User
Cant Program!
« on: December 26, 2004, 12:40:00 PM »

Im Using XP.exe From Xodus-chip.com, But It Keeps Saying It Cant Find The Device! Does The Chip Have To Be Switched To A Certain Mode Or Something?

Exzir

• Archived User
Cant Program!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004, 07:58:00 PM »

No the chip does not need any modes but I have found that people need to change the modes of their printer port to work proporly with the programer.  

Simple go into the bios of your system and change the printer port from epp to ECP this will not allow you to print from this port but will allow you to hook up external parelle port hard drives and use it to comunicate with devices like a mod chip re-programer.

To get to your bios when you turn on your system hit f1 or del it should tell you when you boot your system.

Also if that does not help which it should then try a new battery.  I have found rechargeables work best for some reason.

This post has been edited by Exzir: Dec 27 2004, 03:59 AM

Yoshimashin

• Archived User
Cant Program!
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004, 11:27:00 PM »

I Used The Printer Port Before, The First Time I Flashed It. Im Trying To Update The BIOS.

Its Most Likely The Battery. The Last Time I Used It Was January, And I Never Have Luck With 9V Batteries. Its Just That The Programming LED Goes On. I Figured If The Battery Was Dead It Wouldnt Go On >_<

Thanks, Ill Buy A New Battery Tommorow.