xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Warning: Star Wars Trilogy Dvd Extras Disc  (Read 1073 times)

jesistehsux

• Archived User
Warning: Star Wars Trilogy Dvd Extras Disc
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2004, 02:32:00 AM »

QUOTE (Kthulu @ Sep 23 2004, 07:50 AM)
well, i found some good info on the DVD-ROM book type thing...
http://www.dvdplusrw...=0&sid=2&aid=44

however, it doesn't look like i can change the book type with my Pioneer 106d.  i normally use RecordNow.  i didn't see anything when looking at the disc properties that would allow me to change it on a particular disc.  same thing with nero 6.0.0.15.  dvdbitsetter wouldn't work with my Pioneer burner.  i'm hoping someone will tell me i'm wrong and that i can do this with my burner

i made 2 more test discs and still got the invalid media type error.  here's a wrap-up:

disc1:  made on DVD-R; UDF filesystem; got invalid media error
disc2:  made on DVD-R; FATX filesystem (gdfimage); got invalid media error
disc3:  made on DVD+R; UDF filesystem; got invalid media error

suggestions?

You might want to check http://rpc1.org or cdfreaks.com to see if there is a firmware mod for your pioneer 106.

As far as I know you will need DVD+R or DVD+RW media to change the booktype to DVD-ROM.

There is an application that allows you to set the booktype, it is called called DVD Info Pro. Check doom9.net for it.

I hope this info helps.

gasclown

• Archived User
« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2004, 03:15:00 AM »

we also need to have a look in those (disc)dash files - specifically default.xip/dvd.xap. to see if there is any difference to regular Cdrive one.

• Archived User
« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2004, 04:02:00 AM »

QUOTE (PC_Arcade @ Sep 23 2004, 11:32 AM)
Install UDE
Play star wars extras disk (which will upgrade the dash)
Re-install UDE

How is that possible? I though that UDE with its hacked fonts always resulted in an Error 21 whenever something tried to update the dash.

PC_Arcade

• Archived User
« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2004, 04:05:00 AM »

I don't know, that's why I asked smile.gif

Atreyu

• Archived User
« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2004, 05:01:00 AM »

what if you are running the latest dash with UDE2?

BluhDeBluh

• Archived User
« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2004, 05:06:00 AM »

From where I'm sitting this seems like the beginnings of a new exploit...

I'm no coder, but the following sound very intresting:
* XBEs on the X, Y and Z drives present lots of HDD-signed XBEs and lots of potential.
* The actual contents of the Hulk or SWT DVDs - are the unpacking XBEs exploitable at all on the DVD? Are the dash etc exploitable on the Hulk? Could you create a font that acts like Bert and Ernie when ran from the files on DVD, but normal otherwise? Questions... questions...

Are there any reset on eject issues?

Oh yes, I just remembered. There is an Xbox demo on the Shrek DVD too, if I remember correctly. It's worth checking that out too.

Dai_UK

• Archived User
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2004, 06:34:00 AM »

biggrin.gif  Interrsting Times !

Ok, so it doesn't effect me but it sounds like that star wars DVD may put a HDD signed update.xbe on X Y or Z which could be used for owners of PAL 1.6 Xboxes !

RE: the burning a disk, nero 5.5 has an option for DVD Video for Xbox Compatability when burning UDF disks - works well use it sometimes when I need a quick way to transfer a few gigs of stuff to xbox as it's in a different room to my PC! Maybe these files on this type of disk would boot.

My main query is this - How do we play the demo if we're running UDE, I'm interested because I guess they could use this unzip XBE thing on Halo 2 or future games as a pre-load to the games.

If I uninstalled UDE with ltools, updated off the star wars disk then reinstalled ltools (putting the correct update.xbe for exploit back in the package) would I be able to play the demo as the update.xbe wouldn't try to update ????

Will try to borrow this demo off a friend to see if nero 5.5 can make a bootable cd / dvd of them  biggrin.gif  even if I cannot run it at present!

CHRONOSTORM

• Archived User
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2004, 07:19:00 AM »

anyway past the ude....

if and when the disc is burned and playable. (have no clue how you will correctly resign the dvd to match the xbe sig.) replacing the update.xbe with another xbe like a hacked m$ dash may work. or another dash update.xbe to change to a specific version wanted..if you replaced it with m$ dash can  you hex edit the dash to use fonts from its local dir other than c and it still have the same . damn whats the word.... fill in blank please... i think its checksum.

although the new xbe extract on run is pretty cool. if only we could edit that and change it to extract the soft mod to C:\ and so on. is that all that the dash updater does is delete and unpack.... we need a way to extract these things on the pc.

anyway have fun keeping the sigs intact and matching the damn xbe to a new cd and having it run.

and good luck. if you can sign a cd correctly which probably must be done m$ will actually become scared.

PedrosPad

• Archived User
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2004, 08:56:00 AM »

smile.gif )

Lots of interesting speculation. wink.gif

One minor observation - Self extracting XBEs aren’t new - dashupdate.xbe has been doing this for a long time (each one self extracts a new dashboard onto C:\).  It appears that SWBF has simply been compressed using the same program (to save DVD space no doubt) – and that heritage explains why the SWBF’s self extracting XBE uses C:\fonts.

PedrosPad

• Archived User
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2004, 08:56:00 AM »

QUOTE (fghjj @ Sep 23 2004, 02:00 AM)
PS. The unpacked files, including their 2MB default.xbe don't work if copied out of the cache, to drive F: say.

Maybe you could hexedit and search for instances of \Device\Harddisk0\Partition[0-9] (prob. unicode) to make it run from F (\Partition6).

I recon that'd work.  And would solve the font problem for UDE users (who wanted to put a playable copy on their Hard Disks).  

I see a PPF in the offing. smile.gif

Kthulu

• Archived User
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2004, 09:00:00 AM »

QUOTE (ouellette420 @ Sep 23 2004, 10:40 AM)

I use Nero 6's burning rom, it gives the option to burn DVD ROM (BOOT) as well as DVD ROM (UDF), Does RecordNow even give the option for changing the booktype to DVD-ROM? What i'm sayin is maybe it is not your firmware, just the software.
LITEON ldw411s

Hope this helps.

i've tried with nero 6.0.0.15...it didn't give me an option eiter...at least not in the way outlined at dvdrplus help...

dcnigma

• Archived User
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2004, 09:36:00 AM »

yes i was a little scrared to put the disk in after reading but now i  making a copy of the dvd to my other xbox but. what are you try to do make a exat copy of the dvd. then you better get a large DVD 8.gig dvd  en dont rip or decrypt the movie just copy it hole.

dcnigma

• Archived User
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2004, 09:38:00 AM »

gone update my other xbox with mod chip to know waht dash he updates to

dcnigma

• Archived User
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2004, 10:04:00 AM »

hmmm just update it on my xbox uploaded first 4930 dash to my xbox form slayer cd
but now it won´t load MS dash bizaro

total_ass

• Archived User
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2004, 10:11:00 AM »

wink.gif
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14