xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Warning: Star Wars Trilogy Dvd Extras Disc  (Read 1062 times)

total_ass

• Archived User
Warning: Star Wars Trilogy Dvd Extras Disc
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2004, 01:17:00 PM »

when i installed ude i borrowed the exploitable 007 off my friend. i suppose its about time i permanently acquired it off him.

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2004, 01:22:00 PM »

I actually made a friend buy me a 007 auf and a mem card to mod his xbox. Those two thing have given me so much more pleasure then any game could give me.

total_ass

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2004, 01:26:00 PM »

luckily you don't need a memory card after the UDE has installed the first time, because you can just ftp a new save over then reinstall, with ltools anyway. i really really need the AUF, i've heard it's a crap game, but its like the holy grail to softmodders.

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2004, 01:37:00 PM »

yeah well I used the combo mostly to mod freshly xboxes. Nowadays I'm using mechassault for region reasons. You can buy my copy of auf if you like  biggrin.gif.

total_ass

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2004, 01:33:00 PM »

thanks for the offer but there's a good friend of mine who possesses it, and doesn't even use it for exploits!!!!!!! waste really, anyway i'm gonna get it off him very soon.

PedrosPad

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2004, 02:17:00 PM »

This may interest some (and fits in with the title of this thread).

The entire “Star Wars Battlefront game demo” is contained within the single 171MB default.xbe on the Extras DVD in the DVD-Video box set (no other files are needed).

Evox identifies the disk as a Video, not a Game - interestingly.

You can copy this to your HDD, Evox launches it, and it runs fine.

When the huge default.xbe is launched, it actually unpacks the game proper from itself into separate files on one of the cache drives (X:, Y:, or Z:).

If you empty the cache, and launch the big default.xbe again, you get a horrible green “Dashboard update” looking screen, but in fact the game is simply unpacking itself to the cache drives.

Once installed on the HDD, and possibly because only the huge default.xbe was present in the folder (and not dashupdate.xbe, etc.), you can revert back to Dashboard 4290, or UDE, and the game doesn't attempt to update it again.

PS. The unpacked files, including their 2MB default.xbe don't work if copied out of the cache, to drive F: say. sad.gif

This post has been edited by PedrosPad: Sep 22 2004, 09:25 PM

PedrosPad

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2004, 02:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (PedrosPad @ Sep 22 2004, 10:13 PM)
If you empty the cache, and launch the big default.xbe again, you get a horrible green “Dashboard update” looking screen, but in fact the game is simply unpacking itself to the cache drives.

Once installed on the HDD, and possibly because only the huge default.xbe was present in the folder (and not dashupdate.xbe, etc.), you can revert back to Dashboard 4290, or UDE, and the game doesn't attempt to update it again.

Oops, the last bit isn't quite true.

The 'horrible green “Dashboard update” looking screen' actually uses the fonts from C:\fonts it seems, and throws an Error 21 if not found, or are exploit fonts - as is the case with UDE.  mad.gif

This post has been edited by PedrosPad: Sep 22 2004, 09:45 PM

evil_inside

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2004, 03:12:00 PM »

Does anyone know if the full retail version of the game will run on a UDE exploited Xbox?

I bough the full version, but I am afraid to stick the game in my UDE modded Xbox for fear I'll hose it.

XanTium

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2004, 05:25:00 PM »

could someone check what media flag these .xbe files on the disc have?

Sord_Fish

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2004, 05:34:00 PM »

Does the .xbe come up if its put in a pc?

if it does i wounder if you copied it,  would it boot on an unmodifed box.

This post has been edited by Sord_Fish: Sep 23 2004, 12:35 AM

Infamous_One

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2004, 06:02:00 PM »

QUOTE (Sord_Fish @ Sep 23 2004, 01:37 AM)
Does the .xbe come up if its put in a pc?

if it does i wounder if you copied it,  would it boot on an unmodifed box.

i doubt it , but hey nobody ever burned an XBox game as a DVD Video.  ph34r.gif

fghjj

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2004, 05:57:00 PM »

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=278857

This thread reminded me of the possibility to have read-only files on fatx. You could "lock" your UDE with this to stop Lucasarts from fscking with your HDD. My guess is that they didn't prepare their dashupdater for read-only flagged files.

PS. The unpacked files, including their 2MB default.xbe don't work if copied out of the cache, to drive F: say.

Maybe you could hexedit and search for instances of \Device\Harddisk0\Partition[0-9] (prob. unicode) to make it run from F (\Partition6).

btw. maybe i didnt understand it right but does this mean we have another retail-signed hdd-flagged .xbe?

Azadar

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2004, 06:06:00 PM »

This is extremely weird, If I follow the logic there must be a way to burn and xbox game or compile it in one huge .xbe like the demo and boot them all on an unmodified XBOX ala Dreamcast days. Someone needs to figure out this UTOPIA
scheme.

Azadar

Sord_Fish

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2004, 06:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (Infamous_One @ Sep 23 2004, 01:58 AM)
i doubt it , but hey nobody ever burned an XBox game as a DVD Video.  ph34r.gif

no not like that more like being able to do a 1:1 copy of the disc with all the info intact.

This post has been edited by Sord_Fish: Sep 23 2004, 01:22 AM

mgillaus

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2004, 06:26:00 PM »

QUOTE (Infamous_One @ Sep 23 2004, 09:58 AM)
i doubt it , but hey nobody ever burned an XBox game as a DVD Video.  ph34r.gif

i was wondering how this disk would be made being both video and xbox data, and interestingly enough, i popped the disc into my pc's dvd drive to have a look at the easter egg on there and you can see the default.xbe and the dashupdate.xbe files on there, in your normal pc dvd drive.

now i wonder why that is? it'll be signed with the ms code but i wonder since it can be read in the pc if there would be a way to rip it off the disk and reburn it without losing the digital signature..

(kinda pointless seeing as how its like only a demo and all, but still interesting)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14