xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Is Ude2 On Xbox 1.6 Perfect ?  (Read 258 times)

mjar81

• Archived User
Is Ude2 On Xbox 1.6 Perfect ?
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2004, 09:42:00 AM »

smile.gif

total_ass

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2004, 09:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (mjar81 @ Aug 26 2004, 04:45 PM)
total_ass... you're a total ass! smile.gif

????

Atreyu

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2004, 11:23:00 AM »

well thats seems like a fair enough work around to get all games working.
if you're running NKpatcher, does it matter what version of EVOX you are running? or will it work with all games?

Hanlong id very much like to hear about your dual nkpatcher setup.

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2004, 11:29:00 AM »

with nkpatcher it doesn't matter what dashboard you are running. Also you can acomplish the dual boot procedure very easy. Just look in the UDE thread for the dual-habibi.xbe.

total_ass

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2004, 11:38:00 AM »

i stand by my statement from earlier. we need the best kick ass xbox programmer around to find a permanent way to get BFM bioses working with ALL games, no workarounds or alternatives. its about time its fixed for good.

anjilslaire

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2004, 12:12:00 PM »

smile.gif
Seems easier to me.

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2004, 12:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (total_ass @ Aug 26 2004, 07:41 PM)
i stand by my statement from earlier. we need the best kick ass xbox programmer around to find a permanent way to get BFM bioses working with ALL games, no workarounds or alternatives. its about time its fixed for good.

I don't wanna make promises but a solution might be very near.

@anjilslaire:

Yeah and if you let the old evox autolaunch games you don't even need to take an extra step.

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2004, 12:27:00 PM »

QUOTE (Atreyu @ Aug 26 2004, 08:24 PM)
this is all well and good for Crimson Skies, but what about the other games? Conflict desert storm 2 & Enter the Matrix? and games that might have future problems?

im liking this alternate nkpatcher boot method

But if you have a hd larger than 128 gb and you switch between pbl with a lba 48 supporting bios and the nkpatcher that doesn't data might get corupted.

hanlong

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2004, 12:37:00 PM »

tongue.gif if i do that i can use crimson skies and igr by booting pbl-metoo then evox then old evox then crimson skies, but that doesn't mean i still need to get rid of the nkpatcher mode by pressing eject

i just have an option to use nkpatcher if i need it and it might come useful still later, never know when some game is incompatible with pbl, there are games that won't even work with old evox+pbl i think, the old evox is just a fix for crimson skies i think (correct me if im wrong) smile.gif

yeh there's a lot of choices to get all this crap to work tongue.gif but im pretty sure someone will get it all working in one simple solution

Atreyu

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2004, 12:39:00 PM »

QUOTE (anjilslaire @ Aug 26 2004, 08:34 PM)
Aren't those games' issues with longfilnames, not pbl? I don't have them, so I don't know.
It's all preference, anyway

Couldn't people auto-boot nkpatcher, and then load pbl as an app, if they really wanted a choice anyways?

Enter the Matrix does have an issue with long files names, but this can be overcome with a patch that renames the files to smaller names and then patching the default.xbe to support them, but even after this is done, there is still a conflict with PBL with this game.

Conflict Desert Storm 2 doesn't have any long file name issues, it just won't run unless you're running the m7 bios.. Or i guessing the nkpatcher.

krayzie: that is a big bummer about the larger hdd thing.. i didn't relise that nkpatcher didn't supprt 137+ hdd's.. would a possible future version of nkpatcher be able to support lba? or are we hitting another dead end here?

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2004, 12:55:00 PM »

I know of a possible solution for crimson skies, and enter the matrix (not the problem with the filenames but the bios problem) Never heard about a conflict desert storm problem I don't have that game so I couldn't test that. You guys will have to be patient.

total_ass

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2004, 01:50:00 PM »

QUOTE (krayzie @ Aug 26 2004, 07:58 PM)
I know of a possible solution for crimson skies, and enter the matrix (not the problem with the filenames but the bios problem) Never heard about a conflict desert storm problem I don't have that game so I couldn't test that. You guys will have to be patient.

you know krayzie, if you can solve this problem, then you will go down on my list of awesome exploiters.

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2004, 02:03:00 PM »

QUOTE (total_ass @ Aug 26 2004, 09:53 PM)
you know krayzie, if you can solve this problem, then you will go down on my list of awesome exploiters.

Well I didn't say I would solve the problem. All credit goes to Rmenhal for this. First test results look extremely promising though.

triggernum5

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2004, 02:12:00 PM »

smile.gif

Trevante

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2004, 05:30:00 PM »

Well, I just want to say, that I just reformated my E drive with both Evox and unleashX today, and Metal Slug 3 still didn't work, so I'm guessing it might be the HDD (most likely, it was removed from my comp because it kept dying, but when I put it in my Xbox, it started working fine), because it works fine on my stock HDD. When I get my 250GB HDD, I'm going to do a full format (C-Z) in evox, and maybe that will solve the problem.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5