xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bigger Hd Help  (Read 70 times)

amphibian

• Archived User
Bigger Hd Help
« on: August 25, 2004, 06:02:00 PM »

i just used the UDE2 installer on my xbox; it was a success.  How do i get the thing to recognize the full hd size of 200gb that i bought? do i just get a new bios and put it in the bios/ dir on drive E? or is it imopssible to get access to >137gb with softmods? thanks.

DaddyJ

• Archived User
Bigger Hd Help
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 06:16:00 PM »

yes you need a bios that support the lba48, i believe there is a x2 bios that does, and also a hack m8 by rhenmal (i hope thats right).

after you have the bios in place and set to part6 takes the rest of the drive, you need to format your F and it should show the rest of the space.

Agent Orange

• Archived User
Bigger Hd Help
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 06:18:00 PM »

you need to make sure you format the F: and /or G: drives depending on how you have it set up

amphibian

• Archived User
Bigger Hd Help
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 06:28:00 PM »

hmm, this is kinda embarassing, but doi just leech the hacked bios w/ lba48 support from the usual place and stick in the bios dir on E?! that's it?! i read somewehre that youc an use this evtools to patch the current kernel to get lba48 support also, is this preferrable?  

DaddyJ

• Archived User
Bigger Hd Help
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2004, 08:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (amphibian @ Aug 25 2004, 07:55 PM)
hmm, this is kinda embarassing, but doi just leech the hacked bios w/ lba48 support from the usual place and stick in the bios dir on E?! that's it?! i read somewehre that youc an use this evtools to patch the current kernel to get lba48 support also, is this preferrable?

the usualy places has the pbl-metoo and the m8 bios already togther with the evtool you need, go over there and get it
metoo-m8pack-v1.0.zip
is the filename