xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Yet Another Xbox Hd Tools  (Read 890 times)

marty4short

• Archived User
Yet Another Xbox Hd Tools
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2004, 05:40:00 PM »

tongue.gif

MrPhunkee

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2004, 10:17:00 PM »

I just tried in on a 1.6, telnetted in, and it works great, it was done in a couple minutes. Xboxhdm wouldn't work for me, I almost ordered a chip.. Thx!

Xbox-N00b05

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2005, 07:43:00 PM »

hey just wanted to know if some one has written or would write me a tutorial on how to use telnet because i typed telnet (xbox ip address) and i get a C: prompt and i have no clue where to go from there

bakasaru

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2005, 08:48:00 PM »

Could someone possible write a tut or faq for chimp's util? I guess I could fiddle with it a bit while I wait for my new hd to come in the mail ... but just want to make sure everything goes as planned when I do the swap.

hiddensphinx

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2005, 01:02:00 AM »

Managed to telnet using crossover cable.

Will the new cloned hdd become a victim of the marriage theory.

Keo-Keo

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2005, 01:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(hiddensphinx @ Feb 23 2005, 07:32 AM)
Managed to telnet using crossover cable.

Will the new cloned hdd become a victim of the marriage theory.

If you signed on to XBL with the orginal hard drive yes.. If you've yet to sign on to XBL with your xbox then no..

You can fix this by buying an eeprom this will marry that eeprom and the new hard drive allowing you to sign on with a bigger hdd.

Dizturbed

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2005, 08:50:00 AM »

this tool sounds great, just grapping it now. but what i am wondering is can i use it just to lock a v1.6 HD, i used xboxhdm and i have the HD fully made but i cant lock it, i used configmagic final to get the eeprom but it still wont work.

if i just run this app on the original hd, then switch it for the new hd can i just lock it, if so could someone just type out the telnet instructions to lock the hd. thanks

Keo-Keo

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2005, 09:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dizturbed @ Feb 23 2005, 03:20 PM)
this tool sounds great, just grapping it now. but what i am wondering is can i use it just to lock a v1.6 HD, i used xboxhdm and i have the HD fully made but i cant lock it, i used configmagic final to get the eeprom but it still wont work.

if i just run this app on the original hd, then switch it for the new hd can i just lock it, if so could someone just type out the telnet instructions to lock the hd. thanks

yes..

Just telnet in should be that simple 192.168.0.3 user root pass xbox

cragster

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2005, 08:38:00 PM »

for me i have a uxe softmod and i wanna have that on my 120 gig maxtor so i wanna do this but i aint gotta power splitter.
since my xbox boots to evox and bad_hex's no-modchip hdd swap tutorialut this prog under E:apps i dont need my dvd drive can i just not connect the dvd drive and connect the 120 gig hard drive where the dvd drive would be but as slave

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2005, 08:47:00 PM »

how do you plan to power the drive? the xbox dvd doesnt use a standard power conn.

cragster

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2005, 09:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(DaddyJ @ Mar 1 2005, 03:17 AM)
how do you plan to power the drive? the xbox dvd doesnt use a standard power conn.

no what i meen is that in my case,my xbox is uxe softmodded so when i click power it boots to evox,so why cant i put this chimpanzee app under my E/Apps
then disconnect the dvd drive and set the jumpers of my original drive to master and the one i wantto use(120 gig) on slave?

then i could just click power then run that app then click on clone master to slave or whatever

cragster

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2005, 09:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(DaddyJ @ Mar 1 2005, 03:17 AM)

omfg nevermind lol your right so i can use my comp for a power supply tho
right somehow

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2005, 09:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(cragster @ Feb 28 2005, 10:37 PM)
omfg nevermind lol your right so i can use my comp for a power supply tho
right somehow

yeah, is you were to set it close, and plug the drive in, and then you'd just have to leave your computer running during the process.

SS2Gohan

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2005, 01:46:00 AM »

unsure.gif I hate to ask but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I'll try to give as much detail as I can so I can get the best help.

1.6B XBOX
X3 mod chip/1959 & 3209 bios
Used SofMod Auto-Installer Deluxe 2.0
Orginal HHD
Another Segate from another XB HD
EVOX (one came with SofMod Auto... 2.0)
Y power splitter

With my mod in DISABLE Mode, I did the SofMod.  I then load the CHIMP2.6 folder to my XBOX and used EVOX to launch it.  According to Chimp's website Instructions and info from here I was able to run the program thru Telnet.  I did the clone and took about 10mins.  I swap the drives and when I turn on XB in Disable Mode I get ERROR 5.  I'm a little confused on the hotswap issue.  I'm suppose to swap the DVD with the New HDD.  When I'm I suppose to do this and what is the trick.  Also, I assume that the new HDD should be on cable select just like the master one.

Need some help PLEASE because the wife and kids are made at me for spending more time with XB then them. sad.gif

SS2Gohan

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2005, 01:49:00 AM »

dry.gif   Ok like I said I'm a Noob, might need to get back on the boobs.  I just click on DaddyJ's Tut for Error codes.  I hope once I do this I'll be ok.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8