xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Yet Another Xbox Hd Tools  (Read 886 times)

Gage

• Archived User
Yet Another Xbox Hd Tools
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2004, 09:23:00 PM »

I don't mean to step on your toes ajs02m5, but I have a question as well. Am I correct in saying that I need to purchase a wire to use this program. If I am right, what is the name of this wire and where can I get it?

ajs02m5

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2004, 12:21:00 PM »

Go to Radio Shack and tell them that you need a splitter cable (cord) for a hard drive power plug.  That's where I got mine and it cost just over $5.  I think they only come one way, but make sure it has one female and two make ends.

I'll be all set if I can figure out how to lock my v1.6 upgraded hard drive, or if I can figure out how to use Telnet.

Gage

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2004, 01:05:00 PM »

Thank you very much. I hope someone can help you with your problem. I would but obviously I can't. That and I don't have a 1.6.

chimpanzee

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2004, 11:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (ajs02m5 @ Nov 24 2004, 09:24 PM)
Go to Radio Shack and tell them that you need a splitter cable (cord) for a hard drive power plug.  That's where I got mine and it cost just over $5.  I think they only come one way, but make sure it has one female and two make ends.

I'll be all set if I can figure out how to lock my v1.6 upgraded hard drive, or if I can figure out how to use Telnet.

the xbox I set is ip:192.168.0.3/24
userid/password : root/xbox

You just set your machine to the same subnet and it should be fine. Also, if you have a router setup in your LAN, the box also acquire one ip through DHCP. You need to find out what it is though. Just ping around.

Zingy

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2004, 05:31:00 PM »

sad.gif

I followed the menu from top to bottom, just like it said, but after I finished and connected the newly upgraded drive, the xbox gave an error 5 (HDD not locked) error code.  I followed thorugh the entire thing, and selected the generate using motherboard to find the hdd key, eeprom and stuff, and then locked it.  Then i did number 4, unlock slave drive, then number 5, disable security on slave drive.  Then i unplugged the old xbox drive (it was a stock one) and connected up the new one.  It booted, played the splash screen, then switched to an error 5 "your xbox needs servicing" screen.  I went back, connected everything again like i was starting over, and selected "lock slave drive" but it still had no effect.

Any help on how to solve this would be greatly appreaciated.

chimpanzee

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2004, 06:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (Zingy @ Dec 11 2004, 02:34 AM)
I'm having a problem with the locking... sad.gif

I followed the menu from top to bottom, just like it said, but after I finished and connected the newly upgraded drive, the xbox gave an error 5 (HDD not locked) error code.  I followed thorugh the entire thing, and selected the generate using motherboard to find the hdd key, eeprom and stuff, and then locked it.  Then i did number 4, unlock slave drive, then number 5, disable security on slave drive.  Then i unplugged the old xbox drive (it was a stock one) and connected up the new one.  It booted, played the splash screen, then switched to an error 5 "your xbox needs servicing" screen.  I went back, connected everything again like i was starting over, and selected "lock slave drive" but it still had no effect.

Any help on how to solve this would be greatly appreaciated.

I am confused.

Just select lock the slave drive(assuming it is the new drive) then switched off and swap the HD(and also connect back the DVD) is all you need. You don't need to touch the original drive.

When you select 1 to scan for HD, it gives you some info about which is master, which is slave.

Zingy

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2004, 06:59:00 PM »

smile.gif

Anyway, thanks  laugh.gif

I've also put your file on my site http://adamian.spymac.net/chimp26.zip in case you didn't know.

BTW i got the hard drive for $50 canadian biggrin.gif  from tigerdirect.ca  not a bad deal, at all.  Anyways thanks again lol, im just so happy it worked biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

chimpanzee

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2004, 07:08:00 PM »

QUOTE (Zingy @ Dec 11 2004, 04:02 AM)
I got it working now, thanks.

I just got confused, since you said follow the menu from top to bottom, so i also did the unlock/disable security.  I redid everything and swapped after locking and it works perfectly.  110 GB of free space of F:/ drive  smile.gif

Anyway, thanks  laugh.gif

I've also put your file on my site http://adamian.spymac.net/chimp26.zip in case you didn't know.

BTW i got the hard drive for $50 canadian biggrin.gif  from tigerdirect.ca  not a bad deal, at all.  Anyways thanks again lol, im just so happy it worked biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

thanks for the hosting and sorry for the confusing. I put the menu in a way that I can do the unlock(to the original if I want) but that doesn't mean it is needed, sorry for the wrong impression.

50CDN ? That is cheap. Is it a Maxtor ?

BTW, how long you think you can host it ? If it is stable, I can change my http link to there.

Zingy

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2004, 07:24:00 PM »

thanks for the hosting and sorry for the confusing. I put the menu in a way that I can do the unlock(to the original if I want) but that doesn't mean it is needed, sorry for the wrong impression.

50CDN ? That is cheap. Is it a Maxtor ?

BTW, how long you think you can host it ? If it is stable, I can change my http link to there.

It is a Maxtor actually biggrin.gif  model 4R120L0 to be precise.

As for the hosting, it is quite stable, It's been up for a few months now without problems, so it should be fine.  I can host it for as long as you need or want.

Thanks again smile.gif

chimpanzee

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2004, 09:56:00 AM »

QUOTE (Zingy @ Dec 11 2004, 04:27 AM)

It is a Maxtor actually biggrin.gif  model 4R120L0 to be precise.

As for the hosting, it is quite stable, It's been up for a few months now without problems, so it should be fine.  I can host it for as long as you need or want.

Thanks again smile.gif

I saw it at 94, how can you get it so cheap ?

Zingy

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2004, 04:44:00 PM »

It was on special for a while.  Looks like its over now though.

chimpanzee

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2004, 03:18:00 PM »

It takes very long, in fact. Could be because the IDE cable used or whatever. May be there is something that can be tuned but since I only do it from 8G to a new one, I didn't pay too much attention to it.

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2004, 06:23:00 PM »

Linux DD command takes an extremly long time. But a perfect copy is made.

ipodder2003

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2004, 01:46:00 PM »

Sorry about my hosting as mentioned in the OP, guys... I forgot I had that there and it just bit the big one about 3 months ago.  I wasn't paying for it, at least.

If you guys still want a good host, I have my own paid hosting now.

zstar5000

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2004, 11:43:00 AM »

Oh, and what indication is there that the cloning is done?  Does it just go back to the main menu?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8