xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34

Author Topic: Don't Run A Hdd Xbe Scan! :o  (Read 766 times)

eh.

• Archived User
Don't Run A Hdd Xbe Scan! :o
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2004, 02:53:00 PM »

QUOTE (eh. @ Nov 15 2004, 03:35 PM)
I'm considering posting the method used to obtain this secret, UberDash from M$. huh.gif

Anyone have any interest in that (or otherwise) eh? uhh.gif
QUOTE (anjilslaire @ Nov 15 2004, 03:43 PM)
I'd like to know this, perhaps by PM would be best, lest it be stopped by m$.

Good idea. Their board spies would prolly PM too though eh...  jester.gif

cybertlcworld

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2004, 06:29:00 PM »

*wants it*

dabolikk

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2004, 02:34:00 PM »

are there, really, M$ board spies? hahaha  unsure.gif

eh.

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2005, 04:46:00 PM »

tongue.gif

atomiX is teh winnar!!!11ONE; he correctly interpreted the clues and progressed it via related messages (which he's allowed me to quote the pertinent parts from) eh:
___
i'm guessing from the live servers...maybe downgrading the dash to a pre-live version and doing an update with a dashupdate of that particular version (4920 >august 15) but i don't think this dashupate would be freely available...
uhh.gif

== You're guessing correctly, it's obtained from the live servers (but therefore a small part of the above is impossible) eh... wink.gif
___
can you give me a hint?  i'm kinda liking this little treasure hunt biggrin.gif

== (The "small part" re impossible was a factual hint eh... tongue.gif)
RISK: it's currently unknown whether connecting to XBL to obtain it (or using its xboxdash.xbe) might result in a ban eh!
___
i'm tending to believe you need to log in with a MS dash version that is included with the XDK. i certainly won't try this though.

== Nope, it's obtained in a retail manner (but when M$ demands something outside the box, think twice about it) eh... blink.gif
___
how about the disk cluded with a live starter kit

== If it was for Live 1.0 then that would be a way to overcome the impossible 'small part' of your "i'm guessing from the live servers..." message (the rest of which was correct).  Doing that plus not doing everything M$ says when you're thinking "twice?" outside the box, is how it's obtained (assuming M$ still provide it, which I expect they do currently) eh.

pop.gif
___
is this when setting up an account or actually just when connecting?

== Just when connecting; having or setting up an account isn't required (but don't forget it's not without risk) eh. wink.gif

_______
Footnote: Coincidentally(?) I've been unable to connect to XBL since mid-October (and I don't subscribe to Live) eh...

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2005, 05:53:00 PM »

You get out much eh?

I'm awaiting your next discovery wink.gif

atomiX

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2005, 09:09:00 PM »

thx eh.
can't wait to try it.
i'm still pondering if i should try it now and risk getting banned...
still got 6 months to go sad.gif

mckenn88

• Recovered User
« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2005, 10:01:00 PM »

so lemme get this straight. if you have a live v1.0 starter disk n u use that to update your dash you get the 17cdc100 dash or am i missing something. @ eh. if people do get this dash are you planning on telling anyone how to do the UD-eh yet or no.

The_Truth

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2005, 10:10:00 PM »

hmmm... well...  
The_Truth=majorly confused...

ok.. can someone please explain to me what the hell is going on? smile.gif

atomiX

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2005, 10:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(mckenn88 @ Jan 2 2005, 12:56 AM)
so lemme get this straight. if you have a live v1.0 starter disk n u use that to update your dash you get the 17cdc100 dash or am i missing something. @ eh. if people do get this dash are you planning on telling anyone how to do the UD-eh yet or no.

nope, it's not available on starter disks. it's gotten from the live servers. i won't say anymore since i don't know if eh. wants me to discuss it...sorry

eh.

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2005, 12:02:00 PM »

Potential usages of 17cdc100 are outlined in this linked post; I'm sure the detailed steps will be posted in the forum, at some point.  Although it's "a nice to have", I personally don't think it justifies folks risking anything, unless they have a worthwhile usage for it (and in time the useful parts of it will no doubt get released) eh.

mckenn88

• Recovered User
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2005, 12:40:00 PM »

ok this is my last attempt to understand it. you downgrade to a pre-live dash, use a live 1.0 starter disc to connect to the live servers and upgrade and that gives you the 17cdc100. also how do you know if the starter disc is live 1.0. i have the one that has moto gp demo, mechhassault demo, and tetris full version. thanks

eh.

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2005, 12:57:00 PM »

To determine whether a disc's dashupdate.xbe is Live 1.0, you can `xbedump` it and see whether its Version# starts with 10.  However, it's not necessary to "downgrade to a pre-live dash, use a live 1.0 starter disc to connect to the live servers" (but that's one way to ensure you have the required setup to obtain 17cdc100) eh.

The_Truth

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2005, 09:34:00 PM »

as soon as i can, (prolly this weekend)... i will dump my dashupdate.xbe from my live disk... and i will post my disk #'s to confirm the xbe without dumping it again... wink.gif

eh.

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2005, 10:14:00 AM »

Clarifications:

i) `xbedump {XBE filename} -dc` includes the Version#;

ii) the two retail releases of the Live 1.0 dashboard (10027100 and 1012A700) are also referred to as "version 4920";

iii) M$ ubers those 4920's via XBL, to 17CDC100, before updating them to the real Live version (for reason/s unknown) eh...

kingroach

• Archived User
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2005, 11:01:00 AM »

I dont thik u need live subscription.. first when I bought my xbox feb. 2004, it came with 4920 dash and then I connected it to internet and It downloaded 5659.03 dash and I dodnt have any live account.. blink.gif  maybe thats changed now..
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34